not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Back Payment Underpaid

03 May 2018, 19:59

Received my wage slip today to find that the back payment has been included. I can’t help but feel that I have been left short though. I work full time hours and I have worked near enough every day off since last October. Yet a fellow colleague, who is full time and doesn’t work any days off at all, came out with only £20 less than me! Is there any way I can query this?

Back Payment Underpaid

03 May 2018, 20:24

I don't think your aloan on this compared a couple of friends at our office and it looks like figures have been plucked out of thin air.

Back Payment Underpaid

03 May 2018, 20:25

I don't think your aloan on this compared a couple of friends at our office and it looks like figures have been plucked out of thin air.

Back Payment Underpaid

03 May 2018, 20:27

All you can do is sit down and work it out, or call the pay people and spend ages on the phone.

However as a ballpark figure did you work more than 39 hours every week if so then yes it appears you are short, if it averaged around 39 then its probably right. However, don't take financial advice from a forum, ask a reputable organisation to go over it if needed.

Back Payment Underpaid

03 May 2018, 22:35

If you have internet banking just go back to October and search for payments going in add your wages up then devide by 100 and then times by 5 this will give you a figure which should be your back pay

Back Payment Underpaid

03 May 2018, 22:43

The length of time this took to get what in the end was a year's back pay is at the root of the problem. Too long, too much time waiting, more discrepancies. When are they going to start talking for the next pay deal, hopefully not as laid back as this time?

Back Payment Underpaid

04 May 2018, 16:32

terry2972 wrote:If you have internet banking just go back to October and search for payments going in add your wages up then devide by 100 and then times by 5 this will give you a figure which should be your back pay

Is that October the 1st?

Back Payment Underpaid

04 May 2018, 20:33

the 2nd

Back Payment Underpaid

05 May 2018, 15:55

terry2972 wrote:If you have internet banking just go back to October and search for payments going in add your wages up then devide by 100 and then times by 5 this will give you a figure which should be your back pay

I don't think this is correct, because your net pay to your bank account since early October is not going to take account of your personal tax allowance and any deductions taken from your gross pay.

If you want to check your overtime has been backdated correctly, you will need to go through each wage slip since October and add up all the overtime you have done. For part timers that do under 39 hours in any week, so all pay is paid at the "SSPR" rate, multiply that overtime figure by 0.56 (SSPR went from £11.44 to £12.00 per hour with this 5% increase).

It does crazy that if we now want to check our backpay is correct, we need to mess about manually going through 30(?) wageslips, plus this backpay wageslip does not specify how many hours each payment figure is based on. :crazy:

Back Payment Underpaid

05 May 2018, 19:22

The only way to check if you have been paid correctly is by using your gross pay over the award period and taking 5% of this figure and see if it agrees with the gross amount of backpay you have been awarded.
You cannot use nett figures as the personal allowances were different last tax year and also if the backpay is paid out in 1 week it will increase your national insurance for that week.

Back Payment Underpaid

08 May 2018, 15:59

Phone HR/Wages or whatever the phone number on the back of your payslip.

Back Payment Underpaid

09 May 2018, 21:09

Here is a quote of myself from one of the many threads regarding the backpay...

mr hil. wrote:I have just checked mine, at first I thought they had miscalculated and underpaid me, but you have to remember that Overtime Payments in the first weeks pay in October last year do not qualify for the extra 5% as they were worked the week before and are paid in arrears. I managed to reconcile their payment to within 57p of my calculations so I am confident they appear to have managed to do the job correctly and a little anomaly somewhere in my data or their's stops the payment from matching my calculations exactly. Probably to do with when the pay rise was actually implemented i.e was it a full week??

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1