ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Career break and back pay

29 Apr 2018, 12:15

Hi guys, can someone tell me the answer to this, one of colleges is on a career break from February 2018, is he entitled to back back and if so how much ie October till now of October till February, thanks in advance

29 Apr 2018, 22:57

He is entitled to back pay up until commencement of the career break. A wage is not paid whilst on a Sabatical ... and 5% of nowt . . . is still nowt !

30 Apr 2018, 09:33

What should be in my career break agreement?
Employment contracts and any similar contracts (like the career break agreement) are still governed by law, which means your employer can't impose any 'unreasonable' conditions. It also means that you are bound by the contract, so, for example, you may not have any right to return to work early.
You will also need to protect yourself from unexpected developments. For example, what if you are made redundant while on sabbatical? What if you want to extend or curtail your career break? What if you don't want to come back? What if your job no longer exists and you're offered a different one? All these things must be considered before you take your sabbatical.
What does the law say about my employment while I'm on a career break?
Be aware that while you are on sabbatical, you are still legally employed by the company, even if you're not being paid. That means they can state when you can go and return, what you can and can't do on a career break (eg other paid work), and can make you redundant.
If you're ready for your sabbatical, have a look at career breaks here. If you're an employer, visit our employers' section for more ways we can help you.

30 Apr 2018, 15:49

You just said it. YOU ARE NOT BEING PAID. Therefore no pay never mind pay rise will be forthcoming.. End of....

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1