not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

VIDEO 5 - FINAL MESSAGE - WE CAUGHT UP WITH TERRY PULLINGER AND ROYAL MAIL'S SUE WHALLEY

13 Apr 2018, 12:39

VIDEO 5 - FINAL MESSAGE - WE CAUGHT UP WITH TERRY PULLINGER AND ROYAL MAIL'S SUE WHALLEY

13 Apr 2018, 16:39

" The touchstones are there, they are in the agreement they're between the lines of the agreement."

Thanks for that then Terry.

So management and us have to still read " between" the lines then.

Useless springs to mind. :sad:

13 Apr 2018, 16:54

enskied wrote:" The touchstones are there, they are in the agreement they're between the lines of the agreement."

Thanks for that then Terry.

So management and us have to still read " between" the lines then.

Useless springs to mind. :sad:

Only more loop holes, open to interpretation for RM management to exploit divide and conquer. Then bully, harass and intimidate unchallenged and free from accountability.
The agreements made with the CWU are never water tight and the posties get shafted as per usual.

13 Apr 2018, 22:26

What planet are these' people ' from?

14 Apr 2018, 08:30

Still can't believe people voted 9 -1 for this claptrap

14 Apr 2018, 08:58

redneck wrote:Still can't believe people voted 9 -1 for this claptrap

Yeh, never knew there were so many easily conned, delusional colleagues.
No foresight or real thought made before putting a cross on a piece of paper.
Nine to one ?, unbelievable !

14 Apr 2018, 13:30

Maybe it's time to start a new union. At least one that has some balls and doesn't bend over and take it from RM on a daily basis. Do these people really believe the carp that they are saying.

14 Apr 2018, 14:58

tommyrep wrote:

To be frank I think there are very few easily conned or delusional posties at Royal Mail. However, there are plenty of poorly informed ones who didn't have the foresight to actually read the agreement before they voted, and even worse I think that the campaign to get a large yes vote by the Union gave a false sense of security to those who had no intention of reading it.

There are some who read it, none of which in my estimation are happy with everything in the new agreement, but from an informed position they honestly believe that on balance the agreement was good enough to vote yes.

In the end, those who read the agreement and whether they voted yes, no or decided not to vote, at least they informed themselves and made a decision. But if you voted Yes, No or Not at all without even reading the agreement then I can only question why such people bask in the glory of ignorance. Ignorance of the agreement will only help management not you, and at least you can smell the bullcrap if you keep yourself informed.

14 Apr 2018, 15:20

TrueBlueTerrier wrote: even worse I think that the campaign to get a large yes vote by the Union gave a false sense of security to those who had no intention of reading it.

Our rep said "voting yes is a no brainer. There are loads of good things in it and from October we work an hour less". No idea how my office voted, but I doubt many read a thing and went with what the rep said!

14 Apr 2018, 16:56

The Area Reps came to ours with two days to vote.

Wonderful pension... but needs legislation, we will get it trust us.

You on delivery have it hard, far harder than the rest of the chain.

So, if that's true why is it not reflected in our pay packet?

We work harder.

Show me the money.

14 Apr 2018, 17:15

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
tommyrep wrote:

To be frank I think there are very few easily conned or delusional posties at Royal Mail. However, there are plenty of poorly informed ones who didn't have the foresight to actually read the agreement before they voted, and even worse I think that the campaign to get a large yes vote by the Union gave a false sense of security to those who had no intention of reading it.

There are some who read it, none of which in my estimation are happy with everything in the new agreement, but from an informed position they honestly believe that on balance the agreement was good enough to vote yes.

In the end, those who read the agreement and whether they voted yes, no or decided not to vote, at least they informed themselves and made a decision. But if you voted Yes, No or Not at all without even reading the agreement then I can only question why such people bask in the glory of ignorance. Ignorance of the agreement will only help management not you, and at least you can smell the bullcrap if you keep yourself informed.

On the basis you have mentioned, given the size of the numbers voting yes compared to those voting no, I firmly believe that very few actually read or understood the offer. Many have voted on the back of Union advice. Many had the view of getting back money as being more important than the true detail of the deal, which is far from being clear or guaranteed. So on that basis many have been conned, by that I mean the deal was portrayed as a being a winner, and it most certainly isn’t. Deluded ! many think it the deal of the century, that all is sorted and we have a bright rosy future in retirement and it most certainly isn’t.
The deal offer was over complicated by design, the pension part far from guaranteed and people assumed the Union had won a good deal. Conned and deluded members - given the size of the 9 to 1 vote figure, is an overwhelming vindication in the belief and trust members put in our leadership, because a Philadelphia Lawyer would find it hard to detail any real substance in the deal. Ifs buts and maybes.

14 Apr 2018, 21:24

Have been a union member for nearly 30 years but cancelled my membership yesterday . I have never felt so let down . I really believe they have no idea of what it is like to do a delivery now days or that they really dont care as they will still be earning 4 -5 times as much a year a postie earns a year.they are looking after them selves.

14 Apr 2018, 21:29

Navalron wrote:Maybe it's time to start a new union. At least one that has some balls and doesn't bend over and take it from RM on a daily basis. Do these people really believe the carp that they are saying.

Trouble is, would RM ever recognise a new union and if too many people leave the CWU, would they de-recognise the CWU leaving everyone without a union?

15 Apr 2018, 08:25

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Navalron wrote:Maybe it's time to start a new union. At least one that has some balls and doesn't bend over and take it from RM on a daily basis. Do these people really believe the carp that they are saying.

Trouble is, would RM ever recognise a new union and if too many people leave the CWU, would they de-recognise the CWU leaving everyone without a union?

Very good point.
The only way to change the way we are represented is to remove and replace what we have at the moment,with better more grass root people who will adhere to their original principles. Fight hard to protect members welfare and improve T&Cs.
It will take a very long time. There are too many career motivated people running the Union, like many other democratic organisations. People change, many good representatives in the beginning change not always for the better and complacency creeps in. We expect a lot from our Unions and it is not always easy against an organisation that thrives on any divisions. Their work is made easy with splits in our members, much easier with many non members. We proved what can be achieved with the 89% ballot vote and unity within any Union is paramount. Talk of leaving the Union only benefits RM and the downward spiral to total disaster is inevitable.
I do agree our leadership has lost the support and respect of many members and need to concentrate on protecting grassroot problems.

15 Apr 2018, 12:13

Sputters2017 wrote:Have been a union member for nearly 30 years but cancelled my membership yesterday . I have never felt so let down . I really believe they have no idea of what it is like to do a delivery now days or that they really dont care as they will still be earning 4 -5 times as much a year a postie earns a year.they are looking after them selves.

I personally have suggested on here a few times that full-time release reps, and CWU Officers should spend time in the function they represent to get a true understanding of the issues faced by posties. The suggestion is always shot down.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2