not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Facebook Video : WE CAUGHT UP WITH TERRY PULLINGER AND ROYAL MAIL'S SUE WHALLEY

09 Apr 2018, 11:52

09 Apr 2018, 13:24

nice video and nice to see mr pullinger/ms whalley sitting together !! and respect abounds for both-think they mean well as also ms green who appears to be on her way-will the new CEO want changes to agreement ?????
lot of rhetoric-no actual substance relating to the video -be nice if we just told in black/white what is wanted - new revision in our depot ongoing 8 months now and still not decided what we will all be doing ???
think we all aware we have to adapt/move with the times-but what is it thats needed from us ?? the job is physically tough-sickness/absence in over 50s is off the richter scale and lets be honest about that -its true
morale ?? i will let others answer that in relation to their depots/area-but sense job become a chore and means to an end for most of us now-it wasnt always like that !!
working as pairs we under time pressure -national tv ie itv/bbc 2 yrs ago reference tipping in general at xmas
both got public to answer -re royal mail answer -we dont tip the postman anymore ? we dont know who he is/what time he turning up/sometimes see 2/3 different people in the same week !! my point re that, is we have lost identity with our customer base !! we need to get it back
uks population increase by approx 200,000 each year according to national statistics but mail down ?? people living longer
only 1 in 6 people over 65 owns a computer and that age group getting more mail than ever !!!
i worked in 3 other industries before joing royal mail- fixation with part time route baffles me !!??
in light of my other careers-this the most un part time job i have ever seen/worked in !!!-
lot of us do care-its our futures-lets hope mr pullinger/ms whalley and our new CEO can ensure we go the right way

09 Apr 2018, 16:04

Oh FFS every day this week!

Saw Rd 1 today and really it was quite pathetic - talk about universal quantification i.e. a load of words which actually mean nothing! (apart from the trials re delivery methods). Was TP injected with botox during this screening? Not going to comment SW's contributions. Not impressed by either of the participants. But hey only 4 more to go this week if you believe the blurb :thumbup

09 Apr 2018, 16:31

It's not a love in. :roll: :roll: :cuppa

09 Apr 2018, 17:01

Well that was a pointless video!!

09 Apr 2018, 17:09

Keep drinking the water Sue...

09 Apr 2018, 18:40

Looked to me that she had something in that "water" dont think she looked as though she wanted to be there
probably desperate to get off camera and give TP another good kicking :mad

09 Apr 2018, 18:43

WTLL sorted this week then :left:

09 Apr 2018, 19:14

Im glad Terry found the discussions "theraputic" and that Sue Walley informed us that our pensions are important. Mail volumes declining :arrrghhh :arrrghhh Really, well why is the van stuff full of bags of mail everyday?? No other company really wants to deliver them because they don't have the network and staff. Its only profitable for us because we deliver both mail and packets.

And As for the changing of future history bit. The fourth industrial revolution, new technology, artificial intelligence...I'm intrigued.

09 Apr 2018, 19:16

Hope you are comfortable there Terry, hard life sat on your arse talking. Just to update you on how things are here - since the leadership accepted the 'special deal' and went on a month long love-in with the reps snd telling us all how wonderful it is... RM have seen this as a green-light to really turn the screw in the DOs with massive workloads and more casuals. IMHO they know the union will accept anything and aren't going to put up a fight - our office has had double/summer lapsing for 6 weeks or so and it's been carnage... Union do feck all about, it's left up to anyone who shouts loud enough to avoid taking it all out. Morale is rock-bottom.
Lots of cutting-off and many p*ssed-off customers some of whom are lucky if they get 2/3 deliveries a week.

Thanks for the 3 years of below inflation pay-rises,crap pension deal and so looking forward to doing more work in less time and finishing later.

I would post on the Facebook page but most dissenting posts just get deleted as happened during the happy clappy vote YES campaign.

09 Apr 2018, 19:37

BeamishStout wrote:Oh FFS every day this week!

Saw Rd 1 today and really it was quite pathetic - talk about universal quantification i.e. a load of words which actually mean nothing! (apart from the trials re delivery methods). Was TP injected with botox during this screening? Not going to comment SW's contributions. Not impressed by either of the participants. But hey only 4 more to go this week if you believe the blurb :thumbup

I thought that about her as well, body language is not good.

09 Apr 2018, 20:06

Hope you are comfortable there Terry, hard life sat on your arse talking. Just to update you on how things are here - since the leadership accepted the 'special deal' and went on a month long love-in with the reps snd telling us all how wonderful it is... RM have seen this as a green-light to really turn the screw in the DOs with massive workloads and more casuals. IMHO they know the union will accept anything and aren't going to put up a fight - our office has had double/summer lapsing for 6 weeks or so and it's been carnage... Union do feck all about, it's left up to anyone who shouts loud enough to avoid taking it all out. Morale is rock-bottom.
Lots of cutting-off and many p*ssed-off customers some of whom are lucky if they get 2/3 deliveries a week.

:Applause :Applause :Applause

09 Apr 2018, 20:49

Totally tits up in my neck of the woods . DDA, forget it ; Equality act ,forget it: SSow,forget it: USO ,forget it :H&S forget it. I could go on .
Management terminators let off the leash ,seek and destroy ,with no check ;total impunity and no redress ." First they came for....." it didn't end well.Ho Hum.

09 Apr 2018, 21:00

Is it really only three years?

09 Apr 2018, 22:01

I haven't watched the video and I won't bother doing so. We watched some of the 'vote yes' propaganda on WTLL and they are just a bunch of nodding donkeys and everything tends to appear rehearsed and stage managed with 'clap now' boards just out of view. SW seems really insincere and TP seems like he has lost a lot of weight which can indicate severe health problems. I hope he is alright. Initial thoughts on Moya leaving are that it will be good news for the business but previous actions of the new guy don't sound promising at all.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2