not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Eligible colleagues for pay rise and back pay????

06 Apr 2018, 15:40

Does anyone know who isn't eligible for the pay rise and back pay?
I've worked for RM for 6 months and I'm in the dark to whether I'm eligible.

Thanks

06 Apr 2018, 16:00

if you work for Royal Mail you are.

Its a typical legal statement to cover their backs if someone tries to take them to an ET when they aren't eligible.

06 Apr 2018, 19:38

What would happen if you leave the company. Would you still receive the back pay payment?

07 Apr 2018, 05:01

cavendish9027 wrote:What would happen if you leave the company. Would you still receive the back pay payment?

If you were in RM employment from October 1st 2017 and left the business in the interim to payment date and left the company on good terms you would still receive the back pay payment.
There is nothing in the negotiators agreement that back dated pay is confined to employees who are in RM employment on the date that back dated pay is to be paid.

07 Apr 2018, 16:07

rehabron wrote:
cavendish9027 wrote:What would happen if you leave the company. Would you still receive the back pay payment?

If you were in RM employment from October 1st 2017 and left the business in the interim to payment date and left the company on good terms you would still receive the back pay payment.
There is nothing in the negotiators agreement that back dated pay is confined to employees who are in RM employment on the date that back dated pay is to be paid.

I asked this question at an area conference meeting and the reply I got from the top table that seated Pullinger was you had to be “in post” to receive the back pay.

07 Apr 2018, 18:54

number one wrote:
rehabron wrote:

I asked this question at an area conference meeting and the reply I got from the top table that seated Pullinger was you had to be “in post” to receive the back pay.

Beggars a simple question ! Why !!!
Why would Pullinger accept the denial of money owed to all be it EX members ? It’s not right.
Why ? They are surely entitled to the back dated rate, they DID work for it after all.
Our leadership are played like pawns, no better than useless and easily conned.
Like the poor deal will prove to be the start of more grief to the remaining members.

07 Apr 2018, 19:43

tommyrep wrote:
number one wrote:
rehabron wrote:

Why would Pullinger accept the denial of money owed to all be it EX members ? It’s not right.
Why ? They are surely entitled to the back dated rate, they DID work for it after all.
Like the poor deal will prove to be the start of more grief to the remaining members.

I agree, I asked on behalf of a colleague who was considering handing in their notice. Once I told them this they have delayed it.
I am only the messenger

08 Apr 2018, 15:27

It just goes to show what RM think of their past employees,however long their service was. :no no

08 Apr 2018, 15:44

tommyrep wrote:
number one wrote:
rehabron wrote:

I am sure the employment tribunals will order RM to back pay their former employees who left after 1st of October 207.
After all, we will all get a weeks pay as backdated pay, more or less. Rm got it on the cheap.

09 Apr 2018, 06:14

Crap. Even after you've, left, contact payroll and they will sort it out. It takes a few weeks as they will be dealing with staff still employed but you will get it. This union has gone right downhill when they can't even tell the troops the correct information. No wonder the membership is rapidly dropping :evil/mad :arrrghhh .

14 Apr 2018, 16:47

I have put of retiring because of this issue. There should be a definitive answer from RM/CWU.

14 Apr 2018, 16:53

rehabron wrote:There is nothing in the negotiators agreement that back dated pay is confined to employees who are in RM employment on the date that back dated pay is to be paid.

But from my perspective, there is nothing in the agreement that states the opposite which is why I am taking no chance with any tribunerals - only 3 weeks to go though :thumbup

01 May 2018, 05:29

BeamishStout wrote:
rehabron wrote:There is nothing in the negotiators agreement that back dated pay is confined to employees who are in RM employment on the date that back dated pay is to be paid.

But from my perspective, there is nothing in the agreement that states the opposite which is why I am taking no chance with any tribunerals - only 3 weeks to go though :thumbup

One of the most well used phrases in agreements and ET is " FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT" I think that aptly sums up the clarity of who is eligible for back dated pay.
If it is not made abundantly clear in the agreement that who is eligible and who is not which covers the period from the 2nd October 2017 to current and although no longer in RM employment but was in post from 2nd October 2017 then this is wages that are owing to you and delayed to circumstances you were not in control of.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1