ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

2020 Pay deal, What would we like/accept

01 Apr 2018, 11:27

Would like 10% pay rise
Mon-fri 8am to 3pm
Parcel deliveries only sat & sun done on volunteer overtime on time & half.
Of course no compulsory redundancies.
This is not an attempt at sarcasm a genuine way I would like things to go.

01 Apr 2018, 11:33

Have always been pro the six day delivery model in past because of the job losses scenario but have changed my mind providing no compulsory redundancies.
1. Gives older colleagues a chance to get out on decent terms if wish.
2. Gives colleagues left a better work life balance & opportunities for pt to increase hours.
3. The savings RM make on wage bill & profits of delivering on a sunday will pay for 10% pay rise.

01 Apr 2018, 12:02

1. An end to line managers
Do we really need them? I think the business is much better suited to having 'supervisors' who go out and do deliveries. Should us posties really be spending 20 minutes arguing with managers about leaving a loop or two when its obvious that the work is going to be taking an hour past their time?

2. A permanent 6 month review of part-timers hours
It never happens does it? Part-timers coming in early unpaid to prep their own duties doesn't actually help their cause but it does reflect perhaps where hours may need to be put in

3. Working 8 till 3pm 5 days a week
Something tells me that RM would still prefer it if we were working 9 till 5 though. One wonders if the pipeline will only actually work if we finish later :hmmmm

4. Every Saturday off
I must be dreaming if this is ever going to happen! I think the best we can possibly get is having 1 in 3 Saturdays off

01 Apr 2018, 16:18

I don't think Saturday will ever be dropped as part of the working week. It does seem with the CWU saying the service obligation is safe that we won't drop down to a purely five day operation now. If we did its likely the fixed days off would be Sunday & Tuesday. We have always been told Tuesday would be the fixed day off if it did ever happen.

01 Apr 2018, 17:22

Never did understand this nonsense from people about Tuesday would be a day off for everybody. Can you imagine saying to all our business customers ( both those who we deliver for and to) “sorry we are shut on a working day so are unable to provide you with a service”. Would never happen in a million years and yet so many people peddle this story.

02 Apr 2018, 11:29

always wanted SAT off but not since park and loop.

My body can no longer work 5 days in a row, I really struggle with long weekends.

02 Apr 2018, 15:24

Pension changed to 69 1 % pay rise 31 hour week

02 Apr 2018, 16:57

Crikey' you're ahead of the game. Let's get to grips with the latest deal of the century first.

02 Apr 2018, 18:32

6% payrise
7am-7pm Delivery window (full time will be 35hrs and this would give people better flexibility when they work. Nobody will be forced to change hours)
7 day service (paid out on overtime)
All overtime paid at time and a half
The ability to book annual leave in December
Able to take your pension after 30 years service with no sacrifice.

02 Apr 2018, 21:03

monday to friday would be a great start

03 Apr 2018, 05:51

number one wrote:6% payrise
7am-7pm Delivery window (full time will be 35hrs and this would give people better flexibility when they work. Nobody will be forced to change hours)
7 day service (paid out on overtime)
All overtime paid at time and a half
The ability to book annual leave in December
Able to take your pension after 30 years service with no sacrifice.

All overtime paid on time would be a start for me mate

03 Apr 2018, 17:10

I can not see us ever getting Monday to Friday.
But could see us only. Doing tracked and specials at weekends which would give more Saturday off across The offices.
I would like to see more done for The ageing work force possibly transfer to mail Centers this might cut down the ill health retirement that’s happing in ever Do.
But more likely more work indoor and big out door delivery’s. :Boo hoo!

03 Apr 2018, 17:25

enzio wrote:But could see us only. Doing tracked and specials at weekends which would give more Saturday off across The offices.

It won't be too many years now until there's more Tracked packets then non-Tracked
enzio wrote:I would like to see more done for The ageing work force possibly transfer to mail Centers this might cut down the ill health retirement that’s happing in ever Do.

No chance, I wouldn't be surprised to see RM look at some sort of parcel sorting automation in MCs within the next decade

03 Apr 2018, 19:43

Judging by the last agreement most would except two manky carrots as long as it is part of back pay!

03 Apr 2018, 21:26

k979aaa wrote:Judging by the last agreement most would except two manky carrots as long as it is part of back pay!

Bitter much?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3