not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Visibility of the ballot paper envelope.

31 Mar 2018, 16:04

I was told today by our DOM that the envelope containing the ballot paper to vote for or against the agreement was not noticeably marked as being so. Therefore some posties didn't realise they had received the ballot paper or they assumed the envelope contained 'junk mail'. Union rep also mentioned the envelope wasn't that clearly marked.
I realise we should always open an envelope but sometimes you might just assume it is of no interest. Anyone else have a similar experience with the ballot paper mailing ??

31 Mar 2018, 16:08

I think mine had “ballot paper enclosed” printed on it.

31 Mar 2018, 16:10

Think the vote should be made null & void.
Deliberate attempt to skew the vote we have RM & the union bang to rights on this.

31 Mar 2018, 16:20

All I can say is that I knew immediately when the ballot form arrived in the post - don't know what was actually on the outer envelope but the arrival of mine coincided with the dates given by the CWU.

OK let us null and void the whole process then and have a re-run of the whole process with another vote! :arrrghhh :arrrghhh

After all it has only taken 1year + so why not string it out until 2019 - sort of like a brexit transition period. In fact why not wait until December 2020.....

31 Mar 2018, 16:46

gb93 wrote:Think the vote should be made null & void.
Deliberate attempt to skew the vote we have RM & the union bang to rights on this.

Give your head a wobble!

31 Mar 2018, 17:09

Another thread to remind me of just how many total muppets actually work for this company, like I even needed one.

31 Mar 2018, 18:06

number one wrote:

Give your head a wobble!

:Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy

31 Mar 2018, 18:26

Please explain how it was a deliberate attempt to skew the vote. I don't think it was but I do like to understand others opinions

31 Mar 2018, 18:57

Slightly off topic but what I found most amusing about the ballot paper was the fact that to be valid it had to be returned by "1st post on the 28/3 " Does this mean that our glorious leaders at the CWU still think we do 2 deliveries ?

31 Mar 2018, 19:05

mozilla wrote:Slightly off topic but what I found most amusing about the ballot paper was the fact that to be valid it had to be returned by "1st post on the 28/3 " Does this mean that our glorious leaders at the CWU still think we do 2 deliveries ?

I believe its a legally recognised definition, in that even though there is only 1 delivery a day it is still the first post that arrives.

31 Mar 2018, 19:35

I knew it was my ballot paper straight away, I voted against it! We lost, oh well, its not Brexit accept the result move on, lets get on and do our jobs, they can do all the changes they want, but I have a finish time whatever that might be during these new time of working together and thats what I'll be working til.

01 Apr 2018, 07:05

If it was unclear it was unclear for all voters and in theory would not have skewed the vote. Unless for some reason only "YES" voters open all their mail and "NO" voters all assume that everything they get from the CWU is junk mail without even opening it? :crazy:

01 Apr 2018, 08:42

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:

Please explain how it was a deliberate attempt to skew the vote. I don't think it was but I do like to understand others opinions

I think it was more a deliberate attempt at sarcasm.

01 Apr 2018, 08:45

It was quite clear we have to except the result

01 Apr 2018, 08:48

The only things I would say is

1. The copy of the agreement should have been sent out to members the minute it was drafted to give people the chance to digest it and put forward relevant questions at the gate meetings.

2. Ballot papers should be sent out on their own to avoid any confusion.

3. It would still have been a Yes vote.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3