ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

LTB 143/18 - VOTE YES TO THE FOUR PILLARS AND PAY AGREEMENT

10 Mar 2018, 14:33

No. 143/18

9th March 2018

Dear Colleague,

VOTE YES TO THE FOUR PILLARS AND PAY AGREEMENT

This week the CWU’s National Officers completed the National Unit Reps Tour with Briefings held in the Midlands, South Wales/South West and Northern Ireland. Over the course of the last three weeks, the Tour has addressed over 2,000 local CWU Representatives to explain the Four Pillars and Pay Agreement, answer any questions and encourage the biggest possible turnout and YES vote in the forthcoming membership ballot which opens on Monday 12th March 2018 and closes on Wednesday 28th March 2018.

It is vitally important that we build on the magnificent strike vote and use the ballot to send another strong message to the employer that we support the Agreement we have campaigned hard to secure.

For every CWU Representative and Officer at all levels of the Union, the key task now is to encourage every member to vote, secure a high turnout and deliver the largest possible YES vote that will demonstrate our continued collective strength and underline our commitment to the Four Pillars and Pay Agreement.

Support National Gate Meeting Day

The CWU are holding a National Gate Meeting Day on Monday 12th March 2018 where we are asking every single office in the UK to hold a members’ meeting to explain the Agreement and secure a resounding YES vote. It doesn’t matter if your office is large or small; show your support for the Union and please do all you can to make the day a success.

Photos should be sent with the representatives/office name via WhatsApp to 07583 725 644, emailed to info@cwu.org or posted on Twitter using #PowerOfTheUnion.

Yours sincerely

Terry Pullinger
Deputy General Secretary (Postal)

18LTB143- Vote Yes to the Four Pillars and Pay Agreement http://emails.cwu.org/t/d-l-oirkjkt-ztkjiuyil-i/

View Online http://emails.cwu.org/t/d-l-oirkjkt-ztkjiuyil-d/

10 Mar 2018, 14:57

Whatever. It's a NO from me.

10 Mar 2018, 18:31

It’s a no for me . Terry and Co.

10 Mar 2018, 19:52

Yet another vague agreement that is open to all manner of different interpretations from different managers up and down the land.

39 pages and nothing other than the first part of the pay rise is guaranteed.

No from me I am afraid. :thumbdown

10 Mar 2018, 20:18

ermmm,a no here too

10 Mar 2018, 20:53

There seems to be a strange response from the staff I've spoken to who started after 2010. I expected most of them to be pro the agreement because it allegedly improves their pension situation but most of them seem unconvinced by the prospect of losing their pension freedoms and being tied to a scheme until 67. I think most younger people value flexibility over a potential long-term solution and frankly don't see themselves working for Royal Mail in 30 years time. The fact that the DC scheme has performed very well in recent years may also be a factor.

Is it possible the union and royal mail negotiators who in the main are a bunch of middle aged men have misjudged the mood of the only people who could feasibly profit from the closure of the DB pension?

10 Mar 2018, 21:37

Shove it where the sun don't shine. Shafted again. If this is the best you can do after over a years negotiation then I'm walking away from this joke of a union.

10 Mar 2018, 22:07

Smacks of desperation. Please vote for a real terms pay cut ; please vote for a defined contribution scheme to limit company costs; please vote for nothing done on bullying ;please vote for nothing done to protect seniority;please vote for nothing done to enforce the terms of previous national agreements. Looks like our once proud union has forgotten That it exists to protect and improve our terms and conditions. Why have a gate meeting ,just incorporate it into WTLL the message is the same. Welcome to the CWStaff Association ,not a cusp though ,been creeping in for years.

10 Mar 2018, 22:51

Nothing has ever come good without sacrifice be that days lost or our terms and conditions and how many days pay did we lose to get this great deal the cost will come down the line for all of us in the not too distant future!

10 Mar 2018, 23:02

BELIAL wrote:Smacks of desperation. Please vote for a real terms pay cut ; please vote for a defined contribution scheme to limit company costs; please vote for nothing done on bullying ;please vote for nothing done to protect seniority;please vote for nothing done to enforce the terms of previous national agreements. Looks like our once proud union has forgotten That it exists to protect and improve our terms and conditions. Why have a gate meeting ,just incorporate it into WTLL the message is the same. Welcome to the CWStaff Association ,not a cusp though ,been creeping in for years.

so will you continue to pay your weekly subs to the CWStaff association.

11 Mar 2018, 00:11

Wouldn't Millidge like to know :chuckle see through or what.

11 Mar 2018, 00:19

aiden01 wrote:
BELIAL wrote:Smacks of desperation. Please vote for a real terms pay cut ; please vote for a defined contribution scheme to limit company costs; please vote for nothing done on bullying ;please vote for nothing done to protect seniority;please vote for nothing done to enforce the terms of previous national agreements. Looks like our once proud union has forgotten That it exists to protect and improve our terms and conditions. Why have a gate meeting ,just incorporate it into WTLL the message is the same. Welcome to the CWStaff Association ,not a cusp though ,been creeping in for years.

so will you continue to pay your weekly subs to the CWStaff association.

Why does he have to? Just saying he does not think the agreement is worthy of his vote hardly make's him anti union just the opposite everybody apart from management want a strong union and with that will come differing opinions from everybody!

11 Mar 2018, 01:51

Voted no

11 Mar 2018, 10:29

It annoys me the CWU are urging people to vote yes. I think a lot of the workforce will vote yes just because they’re told to without actually reading the agreement. At this point they should just keep quiet and let us make our own mids up.

11 Mar 2018, 10:36

Why wait until the ballot opens to send out the agreement? Are they hoping members vote first then read second?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4