not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE


National LAT'S

07 Mar 2018, 17:02

Please note some of the offices on the list have been recently removed, if you know who has been removed or if it's your office please let us know so we can update the thread.

There are 232 offices affected.

Offices off the list:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

National LAT'S

08 Mar 2018, 18:50

Our office is NOT on this list, I have raised this with a local Rep and been assured that if our office is NOT on the list it means that there is no change to our start time.

Can anyone on here confirm this reasoning please?

Or should I be worried!!

National LAT'S

08 Mar 2018, 19:32

ewancurze wrote:Our office is NOT on this list, I have raised this with a local Rep and been assured that if our office is NOT on the list it means that there is no change to our start time.

Can anyone on here confirm this reasoning please?

Or should I be worried!!

If you're not on the list then there is no change...at the moment tho, who knows what's round the corner and when.

National LAT'S

08 Mar 2018, 19:37

Are these LAT because of the SWW or is it part of something else??

National LAT'S

08 Mar 2018, 20:05

postslippete wrote:Are these LAT because of the SWW or is it part of something else??


No.

"Later Acceptance Times" is being driven by Royal Mail looking for new business and trying to get more of the "Next Day" delivery market.

National LAT'S

08 Mar 2018, 20:34

ewancurze wrote:Our office is NOT on this list, I have raised this with a local Rep and been assured that if our office is NOT on the list it means that there is no change to our start time.

Can anyone on here confirm this reasoning please?

Or should I be worried!!

SWW at MCs could well trigger later start times at DOs eventually

National LAT'S

08 Mar 2018, 22:32

Thanks for the replys :thumbup

National LAT'S

09 Mar 2018, 11:17

TrueBlueTerrier. delivery market wrote:
postslippete wrote:Are these LAT because of the SWW or is it part of something else??


No.

"Later Acceptance Times" is being driven by Royal Mail looking for new business and trying to get more of the "Next Day" delivery market.

So most of the offices that don’t change how are they going to be able to get more of the Next Day delivery market where as those are later finish will . Some a complete farce to me if Royal Mail are after Next Day deliver market surely everyone would be later finish not certain offices. Seems a case of divide and conquer.

National LAT'S

09 Mar 2018, 13:03

tmac wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier. delivery market wrote:
postslippete wrote:Are these LAT because of the SWW or is it part of something else??


No.

"Later Acceptance Times" is being driven by Royal Mail looking for new business and trying to get more of the "Next Day" delivery market.

So most of the offices that don’t change how are they going to be able to get more of the Next Day delivery market where as those are later finish will . Some a complete farce to me if Royal Mail are after Next Day deliver market surely everyone would be later finish not certain offices. Seems a case of divide and conquer.


That's exactly whats going to happen over the next few years. Offices not on the list are only having their start and finish times change delayed, not cancelled.

It Will happen in every office.

National LAT'S

09 Mar 2018, 13:30

What’s the point in some offices being put back by 1 minute some 3 minutes some 5 minutes . Can’t get much post delivered in that time

National LAT'S

09 Mar 2018, 17:17

Royal Mail wanted to do the pipeline and LAT acceptance on the cheap. They want to cancel most of the flights which carried Mail which would have meant due to USO moving towards a 9-5 Delivery window.

The yes vote changed that. Royal Mail than accepted that to make money through the Later Acceptance Product than it had to go with the normal dispatch times. Those offices who would had a big impact from the LAT products has had that amended through such things as laying on sprinter vans etc.

Remember Royal Mail wanted all 100% of the Later Acceptance product to go on normal deliveries which would have meant significantly later finishes. Now they have agreed roughly 80% will be delivered by delivery staff and the remaining 20% will be delivered by alternative arrangements and there will be initially 152 sites where a range of options for delivery , distribution and SA which can deliver up to 19:00.

Who knows what the future holds but the present certaininly meant Royal Mail had to change their plans.

National LAT'S

09 Mar 2018, 19:25

This may of been asked,
we have been told that LAT time changes are guaranteed for three years. Does that also mean if your times haven't changed that is also guaranteed for three years ?

National LAT'S

09 Mar 2018, 20:13

dingo wrote:Royal Mail wanted to do the pipeline and LAT acceptance on the cheap. They want to cancel most of the flights which carried Mail which would have meant due to USO moving towards a 9-5 Delivery window.

The yes vote changed that. Royal Mail than accepted that to make money through the Later Acceptance Product than it had to go with the normal dispatch times. Those offices who would had a big impact from the LAT products has had that amended through such things as laying on sprinter vans etc.

Remember Royal Mail wanted all 100% of the Later Acceptance product to go on normal deliveries which would have meant significantly later finishes. Now they have agreed roughly 80% will be delivered by delivery staff and the remaining 20% will be delivered by alternative arrangements and there will be initially 152 sites where a range of options for delivery , distribution and SA which can deliver up to 19:00.

Who knows what the future holds but the present certaininly meant Royal Mail had to change their plans.



So I initially vote NO for later finish times which then gets changed to perhaps half an hour later than present finish times, which is obviously better than a 5pm finish. But then one is left wondering what will be the next excuse RM are going to find to get us to start and finish later. An hour or two of the working week perhaps? Because it seems to me this is the road that we are being forced towards.

So would it be worth putting in a grievance with RM because I am unable to work past 3pm?? Maybe I could make up the time instead by starting earlier? So for example, if RM change our office's LAT to 3.20pm, then perhaps I could come in and work 20 minutes earlier so that I can finish at 3pm?

National LAT'S

09 Mar 2018, 20:28

Yeah and how many of us Postie's are going to want to deliver up to 1900 and knock on doors in the dark ???? Someone in RM is barking up the wrong tree there. RM also seems to think that if we deliver in the later part of the afternoon there will be more customers in and therefore less items on P739. Postie's know we are far more likely to find customers in if we attempt delivery earlier in the morning. I would not personally advocate going back to delivering in the dark in the early morning as we once used to do. That was a right pain. But staying where we are or maybe a little earlier is when we should starting actual delivery.

National LAT'S

09 Mar 2018, 21:11

Celgar wrote:Postie's know we are far more likely to find customers in if we attempt delivery earlier in the morning. I would not personally advocate going back to delivering in the dark in the early morning as we once used to do. That was a right pain. But staying where we are or maybe a little earlier is when we should starting actual delivery.


If anything you'll end up delivering later. Once the SWW comes in, it'll mean that in MCs we'll start an later, so the work will be processed later and probably go out to DOs later

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 2   1, 2