ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

the impending vote

11 Feb 2018, 17:32

my view on this is simple . delivery are going to get hammered again . I thought we were on a crest of something special . well weve been let down once again .no sign of workloads,walks changing,late starts ,no concern for families school kids. same old story union hand in hand . sorry union its a DEFINITE NO VOTE from me ,pathetic to say its a great deal . if it is WHO FOR ?

the impending vote

11 Feb 2018, 17:34

I MUST STRESS THIS IS FIRST TIME I FELT STRONGLY ENOUGH TO POST ANYTHING IN FEW YEARS ;

the impending vote

11 Feb 2018, 17:37

It's a great deal for the business, that was evident in the share price after the deal was made public.

the impending vote

11 Feb 2018, 17:38

I'm the same total shocking

the impending vote

11 Feb 2018, 18:08

What amazes me is the union are trying to sell us this as a 12.33% pay rise. We MIGHT get a reduction in out working week and therefor an increase in our hourly pay but it is a MIGHT. We will not be seeing a 12.33% pay rise in our wages we will see a 7% pay rise in financial terms. I come into work to earn money not to work less hours, I can't go to my mortgage company or utility provider when they put their prices up and say " I'm working less hours now so I'll pay the same as I was when I worked more hours and call it a fair deal" If I wanted to work less then 39 hours I would either reduce my hours or I would get another job where I had to work less hours, as I already said I come into work to earn money. I would rather still work 39 hours and have an actual pay rise of 12.33%
For the union to they to sugar coat the pay deal as a 12.33% pay rise is a tactic I would expect to see from Royal Mail.

the impending vote

11 Feb 2018, 19:16

Let me see

A pay rise which is less than inflation - basically a pay cut.
35 hour week sometime in the future...depending on targets/trials met year by year...which many offices will not reach for years...if ever.
New rubbish pension where many will lose thousands per year when retired from current pension...latest in a long line of CWU pension screw ups.
Part-timers screwed again.
No mention of bullying & harassment...a major factor and growing problem...especially in DO's - which RM/CWU know full well is happening.
Lot's of wishy washy vague wording in agreement...maybes,could,might etc etc.
RM getting pretty much what they wanted/expected to get...with lot's of room in the future for more.
RM paying millions to shareholders and making 100's of millions in profit...from our hard work and labour.

Thank you CWU superb job again...well done

the impending vote

11 Feb 2018, 19:34

as we all know from before with the deal of the century , delivery got well shafted with all year lasping and since then collections , 2d scanning , increased tracked and parcels , bigger deliverys , and we all know that with less hours the job will be impossible to do , which will lead to more arguments and more pressure on staff , then see if the culture has changed then when posties want to finish on time :left: , what the cwu should had done is said to royal mail the loss of hours still stands as agreed so its down to you to get the indoor work decreased to compensate the hour lost in oct , until then the hours stay at 39 hours until the work indoor is shortened , and staff should be paid 1 hour o/t until they have, and can you see this happening before Oct :crazy: and thats if this deal did get voted in , which I doubt it :thumbdown

the impending vote

11 Feb 2018, 23:30

The CWU hierarchy will try and sell this as a good deal to explain away all the dithering talks that have lasted months.
OK the members gave a massive mandate that RM had to take into consideration, but they have fell for the same old crap that has really meant letting down the members while tying to look as if they don't have egg on their faces.
It is not a good deal, but usual carrot dangling RM methods will probably sway the day on members who have no real foresight. This I expect from RM, not rubber stamped as a good deal for delivery staff.
A deal with far too many loopholes that as past deals have proven to work for RM against OPGs on delivery. Ifs and buts!
I never thought I would say this as a life long union member, assuming a union held our best wishes of members at the root of all negotiations. This was an opportunity to speak up for a downtrodden membership and they have failed miserably.
Bullying, harassment, intimidation etc, - that members suffer daily, will continue in overdrive, we really are toothless lions.
Thank you CWU leaders, you have failed in your duty again and the guys in delivery have been s..t on again from an even higher height! A massive NO, and I hope other members can see through this Union backed smokescreen, it shames me to be taken for a ride yet again.

the impending vote

12 Feb 2018, 00:12

I'm voting NO, 39 pages of twaddle no substance, its all smoke and mirros.

the impending vote

12 Feb 2018, 00:50

I think the pay deal, which I know is less than inflation is acceptable.....I am worried about "Data Capture" and their idea of more efficient "Resource to workload" cos we ALL know what that means!
But I can accept all that as a compromise position.(I can accept working to my time)
What really worries me is the pension.....My state pension age (along with many others no doubt) is 66, I really can't see me being able to work till 67 to get my full (new) RM pension.
My current aim is to work till 65 and then get through to state pension age on my RM65 benefits.
NO-WAY will I be capable of doing a walk at 67 FFS.

the impending vote

12 Feb 2018, 08:43

Can dingo come on and confirm or deny that we would not be able to claim from the new pension scheme,until we are 67 years old.The union have been very vague on this,and many collegues are worried this could be true.If true it would be extremely devious on the unions part,to deliberately not highlight something so important.

the impending vote

12 Feb 2018, 09:30

It is important individuals realise all your service before 2008 in the final salary scheme is payable with no deductions when you reach 60 and the CARE scheme which replaced the final salary scheme in 2008 and will close on the 31st March you can receive age 65 without any deductions.

The new scheme which is subject to secondary legislation but both Royal Mai and the CWU are confident they will receive it soon has 67 normal retirement age all be it there is an option to pay an extra 1% and Royal Mail will match with 1% which will enable an individual to possibly go at 65 without deductions.

Remember the 67 only applies to the years you do after 31st March 2018.

the impending vote

12 Feb 2018, 09:55

Does the maximum 45 years reset from April ? Meaning someone can pay in over 45 years?

the impending vote

12 Feb 2018, 10:26

dingo wrote:It is important individuals realise all your service before 2008 in the final salary scheme is payable with no deductions when you reach 60 and the CARE scheme which replaced the final salary scheme in 2008 and will close on the 31st March you can receive age 65 without any deductions.

The new scheme which is subject to secondary legislation but both Royal Mai and the CWU are confident they will receive it soon has 67 normal retirement age all be it there is an option to pay an extra 1% and Royal Mail will match with 1% which will enable an individual to possibly go at 65 without deductions.

Remember the 67 only applies to the years you do after 31st March 2018.

Dingo, can you confirm that the 'transition' pension is payable at 65 and can be taken at 60 without reductions ?

the impending vote

12 Feb 2018, 11:21

Northbynorthwest,your question is what i meant to ask.Please dingo,can you answer norwests question.We need to have clarity,and it sometimes feels like we are getting a polititions answer.Dingo you are by far the best and reliable source of info on this forum,so would be grateful for your answer;as to whether the pension is payable at 65,and can be taken at 60 without reductions
Thanks

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2