not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

pay & pension -compare these deals

10 Feb 2018, 22:27

Deal 1 - 5% 2yr pay deal, effectively a pay cut(RPI was average 3.5% last year and is currently 4.1%). Year 3 potentially worse at 2%.
- Lose your DB pension and switch to DC pension, losing members thousands in retirement income every year(there may be DB lump sum element to this in the future but who knows when or if).

Deal 2 - 23% 1yr deal (taking total remuneration to £1.9M p.a.)
- including a £200,000 lump into your pension pot (maybe DC aint that bad !)

I want to work for the company that's offering deal 2. Oh wait a min.......

With executive pay at lottery win levels and increasing year on year, £280M to shareholders this year and profits due to rise to £680M
WTF kind of union with a 90% strike mandate could ask you to vote for a pay and pension cut whilst the fat cats at the top and the city spivs cream off £Ms ?

10 Feb 2018, 23:08

hermon wrote:Deal 1 - 5% 2yr pay deal, effectively a pay cut(RPI was average 3.5% last year and is currently 4.1%). Year 3 potentially worse at 2%.
- Lose your DB pension and switch to DC pension, losing members thousands in retirement income every year(there may be DB lump sum element to this in the future but who knows when or if).

With executive pay at lottery win levels and increasing year on year, £280M to shareholders this year and profits due to rise to £680M
WTF kind of union with a 90% strike mandate could ask you to vote for a pay and pension cut whilst the fat cats at the top and the city spivs cream off £Ms ?

Lol ours

What there trying to do to our pensions is day light robbery

11 Feb 2018, 10:42

End of they will vote it through
Its a formula that works for management and union .

11 Feb 2018, 10:59

We are the union
Rise up

Let's stop this shocking deal

Wage for retirement my arse

11 Feb 2018, 18:55

Yamr1 wrote:We are the union
Rise up

Let's stop this shocking deal

Wage for retirement my arse

What about a no confidence vote on Ward?

11 Feb 2018, 19:12

hermon wrote:Deal 1 - 5% 2yr pay deal, effectively a pay cut(RPI was average 3.5% last year and is currently 4.1%). Year 3 potentially worse at 2%.

Good post but if you think our boss is on a good deal just google Persimmon homes and see what their CEO is awarding himself. Not sure what the brickies are on.

11 Feb 2018, 19:20

rambo1 wrote:

Good post but if you think our boss is on a good deal just google Persimmon homes and see what their CEO is awarding himself. Not sure what the brickies are on.

I'll tell you, £110milion bonus for the boss. And that's in a company who expect to generate £950m in profit last year. Doesn't make our moya look so greedy now. Oh and they have roughly the same dividend yield as royal mail at today's share price.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1