ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE


London CWU Update on Talks

09 Jan 2018, 16:31

National Update on 4 Pillars

Today we were advised by the National Officers that substantial progress has been made on all the 4 Pillars Issues.

The progress is now sufficient enough to start drafting the words of a potential agreement. Anyone who has been involved in negotiations before will know that agreeing a set of words which both parties are content with is often more difficult than agreeing the principles of an agreement.

Additionally our National Officers are aware that Royal Mail have to also agree to resolve the problems of resourcing and changing the culture within the workplace.

This has been even more highlighted since Christmas where a combination of high vacancy levels , high sick leave and the limits of the working time Directive Agreement has led to an increase in the use of casuals , more managers on delivery , work rolling from one day to the next and an increase in unfair treatment of staff.

The CWU are meeting Royal Mail over the next 3 days to concentrate on getting a solution on Resourcing and culture. Further talks are planned for next week.

Real detail on the issues cannot be provided at this point as the union’s principle remains that nothing is agreed until we have an agreement on all the issues however we can confirm that on all the following substantial progress has been made and the following principles established :

One Pension Scheme and an agreed Wage in Retirement scheme will be in place and also if needed transitional arrangements.

Progress on pay which is based on a percentage increase flowing through to all pay and allowances. This will be for a two year period.

Talks on extending the legal guarantees are on-going but progress has been made.

SWW an hour off and a timeline for 35 still to be finalised.

Pipeline - Real progress has been made on the Pipeline. If you analyse Royal Mail’s original Pipeline proposals of a 9-5 duty than the current position of the negotiations is a world away from what Royal Mail originally proposed. .

In fact talks have progressed to such an extent where we believe if there is an agreement that members concerns over significant later finishes will be largely allayed.

We realise that members and reps are frustrated that they do not have the full details of all the issues , however we will endeavour to update you further when we get further information.

It is clear that progress has only been made because of your support.

Finally remember you will get the final say on any agreement by the way of an individual member vote.

In the meantime our National Officers need our continued support whilst in the negotiations.

Keep the faith !

Martin Walsh Mark Palfrey John Simkins
London Divisional Reps


Unofficial Update on Talks

09 Jan 2018, 16:44

so we are in the same place as the last update then :arrrghhh , 2 year deal ? by time this is sorted we will be in the same boat again then.

Unofficial Update on Talks

09 Jan 2018, 17:00

Thanks for the update but a couple of concerns;-

SWW an hour off and a timeline for 35 still to be finalised.

Pipeline - Real progress has been made on the Pipeline. If you analyse Royal Mail’s original Pipeline proposals of a 9-5 duty than the current position of the negotiations is a world away from what Royal Mail originally proposed. .

In fact talks have progressed to such an extent where we believe if there is an agreement that members concerns over significant later finishes will be largely allayed.


Assume the hour off the working week will be by changing start times, makes little sense as our office is failing to get all packets sorted on a tuesday ( so yes we will be stuffed again Wednesday ), due to lack of time and staff. As for the comment about concerns 'largely allayed' so that means there will be movement on later finish times as not 'completely allayed' - most people don't want to be finishing after 230 as it is.

I assume we will be balloted on the whole package rather than having input on individual proposals....

London CWU Update on Talks

09 Jan 2018, 17:10

More meetings on resourcing problems, how many more meetings needed for the CWU to realise that RM are taking the piss with this(said meetings and any outcome agreement)these meetings have been going on for years!

London CWU Update on Talks

09 Jan 2018, 17:17

We already finish at 15:00 and 15:15 official finish times

London CWU Update on Talks

09 Jan 2018, 17:24

What makes me laugh is the negative comments : like no further forward well since November Royal Mail have moved on all the following :

There is going to be one pension scheme

All pay will be pensionable including for the majority of staff who were in the Pops scheme and will have all their pay in the future pensionable !

There will be a genuine pay rise flowing through to all pay and pensionable allowances instead of a lump sum.

There is an hour off the working week and for part timers this is the equivalent of 2.6% pay rise.

Royal Mail did not want to extend the legal guarantees so they can franchise , sell off parts of the country or outsource work ! No they are !

They wanted to cancel all the flight which carried Mail to enable early starts now they are not !

They wanted a 9-5 Delivery Window now they don’t !

They wanted everyone to move to a last letter of 15:30 now they don’t !

They wanted to walk ownership and now they don’t

They wanted teamworking so you cover sick and annual leave and now they don’t !

They wanted to have automated Data Capture which records every minute indoors and what your doing and now they don’t !

And you say there has been no progress ?

Get real these are serious negotiations with a privatised company who wants to cut cost and the CWU on behalf of you are pushing them back !

Keep the faith support the CWU

London CWU Update on Talks

09 Jan 2018, 17:24

Is anyone else suspicious of them trying to drag it out into the new financial year ?

London CWU Update on Talks

09 Jan 2018, 17:39

nudenut wrote:Is anyone else suspicious of them trying to drag it out into the new financial year ?

For what purpose?

London CWU Update on Talks

09 Jan 2018, 17:53

Very well said Dingo :Applause . But our finishing times will be later then they are now, by the sounds of things.

London CWU Update on Talks

09 Jan 2018, 17:57

one pension scheme. does this mean its staying open then?...no closure?

London CWU Update on Talks

09 Jan 2018, 17:57

i wouldnt trust or believe a single word or agreement rm are involved in
shower of lying corrupt bullying bastards the lot of them
i will be agreeing to f**k all

London CWU Update on Talks

09 Jan 2018, 17:58

seaside wrote:Very well said Dingo :Applause . But our finishing times will be later then they are now, by the sounds of things.

only by a fanny hair.

London CWU Update on Talks

09 Jan 2018, 18:03

gary1975 wrote:We already finish at 15:00 and 15:15 official finish times


Same here....for 7 years. I can't see RM settling for us to only be pushed back to 3.30 if other offices near MCs are put back between 30 mins and an hour. Our DOM even wanted the local rep to agree to us finishing at 3.45 not so long ago. He didn't.

London CWU Update on Talks

09 Jan 2018, 18:05

seaside wrote:Very well said Dingo :Applause . But our finishing times will be later then they are now, by the sounds of things.


Seems to me this has been conceded as a gimee to the Royal Mail director whom came up with in the first place a bit of a face saving exercise for her.
All walks will have to be risked assessed, no delivering in the dark :whistle

London CWU Update on Talks

09 Jan 2018, 18:07

deltaforce wrote:
nudenut wrote:Is anyone else suspicious of them trying to drag it out into the new financial year ?

For what purpose?

You tell me ! I don't know I'll have a stab at more funds available next financial year :hmmmm
This just seems to be dragging on and on....

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 6   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6