ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR ARRANGEMENTS 2017/18 INCLUDING PAY ARRANGEMENTS... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : SEVERE WEATHER THREADS : UPDATED 2017... HERE

ROYAL MAIL RESPONDS TO MEDIATOR'S REPORT ON PAY AND PENSIONS

07 Dec 2017, 09:48

https://postandparcel.info/91235/news/i ... f-76859157

Royal Mail has responded to the report prepared by Professor Lynette Harris, the mediator for the talks between Royal Mail and the CWU on the pay and pensions.

In a statement sent to Post&Parcel today (6 December), Royal Mail said: “The mediation process was helpful in bringing Royal Mail and the CWU together to advance the discussions. Mediation has helped both parties to better understand their respective positions.

“The mediator’s report made a number of recommendations. These are not legally binding on either side but have been useful in framing further discussions. Royal Mail and the CWU are continuing talks with the aim of reaching agreement on the full range of issues under discussion. Agreement on certain issues is more advanced than on others but all issues remain open for negotiation and final agreement. Further announcements will be made in due course.”

Royal Mail then set out a summary of the mediator’s recommendations:

Pensions
Royal Mail and the CWU should commit in principle to the future introduction of a Collective Defined Contribution (CDC) scheme with a Defined Benefit element.

To support the introduction of a CDC scheme for all, Royal Mail and the CWU should establish a Pensions Forum. The Forum will have responsibility for lobbying the Government to make the necessary legislative and regulatory changes so that a CDC scheme can be established, and for overseeing its governance.

In the meantime: For members of the Royal Mail Pension Plan (RMPP), Royal Mail should implement – from 1 April 2018 – a Defined Benefit cash balance scheme on the terms already proposed by the Company.

In addition, existing Royal Mail Defined Contribution Plan (RMDCP) members with five years’ or more continuous service in the standard section of RMDCP should have the option of joining the Defined Benefit cash balance scheme.

Royal Mail should auto-enrol current and future members of RMDCP to the top tier of contributions (10% from the Company and 6% from the member).

Pay and the working week
From April 2017, an increase of 2.6% including base pay, overtime and allowances.

From April 2018, an increase of 2% to base pay.

During 2018-19, a one hour reduction to the working week (currently 39 hours) on the condition that Royal Mail and the CWU work together on a range of initiatives, including delivery methods trials, automated hours data capture and later delivery times.

Delivery times
Last delivery time should move back by 30 minutes to 3.30pm in urban areas and 4.30pm in rural areas.

Royal Mail and the CWU working more closely to advance the Agenda for Growth objectives
Royal Mail and the CWU need to work more closely together to improve working culture.
Review the Agenda for Growth agreement in 2019, as planned.

07 Dec 2017, 11:46

Appears like the mediator has sided with all of RM proposals including delivering the mail in the dark/evening for a part of the year. Going on past performance I won't be surprised if the union accepts all this s*** on our behalf. At the very least we need to bin the idea of an hour off our working time, which will result in more unpaid work, in return getting to chance to deliver in the dark. Personally I would say we need to immediately ballot for strike action but sadly I'm not optimistic for a better result from that avenue either. On balance we probably have to make our stand here. :Boo hoo!

07 Dec 2017, 12:41

POSTMAN wrote:During 2018-19, a one hour reduction to the working week (currently 39 hours)

Not a chance in hell of that working, all shifts go down to the wire as it is, it'll probably just result in more stuff going out to DOs later

07 Dec 2017, 13:55

The 39 hour week may well come in but I expect it would mean the banking of any hours unworked later starts or both that imo would not be good for posties. At least the talks look like they are moving us closer together striking must be a last resort as we all lose then.

07 Dec 2017, 14:06

The Pension doesn't sound too promising to me as it mentioned "cash balance" not dissimilar to defined contribution, it's not clear on if you will get a guaranteed defined benefit pension or they give the money and tell you you go the annuity market which is very bad right now, in which case beware of the pension equity vultures circling round cold calling RM staff, this is what happened to former TATA steel workers.

07 Dec 2017, 14:28

Why not have the last letter 330 in British summertime reverting to 3 in winter ?? As it gets darker earlier. Surely if rm are serious about health and safety this could be a possibility??

07 Dec 2017, 14:48

they have the tools manpower systems network everything to get a last letter time of 13.00
but its not about times its about costcutting and saving to boost bonus payouts and appease shareholders dividends
f**k their proposals i would strike

07 Dec 2017, 15:29

hans solo wrote:they have the tools manpower systems network everything to get a last letter time of 13.00
but its not about times its about costcutting and saving to boost bonus payouts and appease shareholders dividends

So could deliveries get everything done in 4 hours? Some squencing batches won't be scheduled to be finished until around 09:00

07 Dec 2017, 15:43

SpacePhoenix wrote:
hans solo wrote:they have the tools manpower systems network everything to get a last letter time of 13.00

So could deliveries get everything done in 4 hours? Some sequencing batches won't be scheduled to be finished until around 09:00

Honestly, please at some point come over onto deliveries, it will open your eyes.

We know you believe that they can't get the mail shifted in time if they cut hours and that you believe one wave sequencing won't work for Mail Centres

But for the sanity and health and safety of delivery colleagues, something has to give. At the moments it's our bodies that are giving up and that may sound melodramatic, but it isn't, its the truth.

With all the knowledge and expertise available hopefully MCs will come up with solutions rather than throwing their hands in the air and leaving Deliveries at their mercy.

07 Dec 2017, 15:53

So what’s in it for the part timers?!!!

07 Dec 2017, 15:57

Kids get out of school at 3:30pm, but Royal Mail want me to be delivering my last letter then. It may only be 30 mins later (so they say) but for many people it is a very important 30 minutes

07 Dec 2017, 16:30

eldritch1987 wrote:Kids get out of school at 3:30pm, but Royal Mail want me to be delivering my last letter then. It may only be 30 mins later (so they say) but for many people it is a very important 30 minutes

:Applause spot on. I believe there should be no movement of our finish times, its late enough as it is. Sometimes We have to draw a line on some issues and say thats not up for negotiations.

07 Dec 2017, 16:42

The union needs to grow a pair... As stated from the above nothing good for part timers again the full timers will get more pressured because they want the rest of the office on part time pay... Good luck full timers

07 Dec 2017, 16:46

bigal383 wrote:The union needs to grow a pair... As stated from the above nothing good for part timers again the full timers will get more pressured because they want the rest of the office on part time pay... Good luck full timers

That's not even worth responding to. Yes I see the irony.

07 Dec 2017, 16:49

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:and that you believe one wave sequencing won't work for Mail Centres

You can have one wave but if you want it you'll have to be prepared for plenty more stuff coming through manual. One wave is physically impossible

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3