ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Strike Update 3rd week of mediation

07 Nov 2017, 20:05

We want to thank all London Reps and of course the Amazing loyal London Membership for their tremendous show of support today on National Gate Meeting today.

We are now in the third week of mediation and as yet there has been no significant progress.

The clock is ticking , if there is no progress next week than the mediator will provide her recommendations and if that is not good enough for the CWU than we will enter into the final two weeks of discussions in line with the agreed Agenda For Growth guidelines.

If there is no agreement after this two week process than the union can give two weeks notice for strike action.

Therefore strike action before Christmas remains a real possibility unless Royal Mail start attempting to reach a solution instead of continuing to propose the same things which led to the biggest National yes vote in Royal Mail’s history.

Royal Mail should remember the CWU are in the mediation process under duress and as a result of the High court Decision therefore the onus on Royal Mail to make a shift in their proposals.

Whilst the CWU want a Agreement , the fact remains we have a mandate from the members to achieve :

1. One pension scheme for all
2 A better pension scheme than Royal Mail are proposing
3. A Pay rise which is not linked to strings or changes to ways of working and is not dependent on performance related pay
4. Progress on the SWW
5. A fair deal for part timers including holiday pay and a more robust procedure to increase their contracted hours.
6. A independent review into the bullying culture within the workplace which is based on unrealistic workloads and unachievable targets
7. An extension of the legal guarantees until 2022.
8. Rejection of Royal Mail’s workplan which is based on moving the pipeline later , cancelling all flights (which don’t cross a sea )which maintains early starts. They do not want walks to go out on delivery until past 11 in the morning.
9 Rejection Royal Mail’s multi bundle delivery option.
10. Rejection of Royal Mail’s walk ownership model which removes the union from resourcing and revisions as it will be your responsibility to clear the work allocated you daily and with banking of hours and coverage of individuals within your team who are on leave or sick.
11. Rejection of Royal Mail’s desire to resource and introduce individual performance standards from their automated hours Data capture software ie recording of every minute you work and what they deem as efficient working.

These still remain the central issues in this dispute and are what is being discussed in the mediation process.

Whilst we hope for the best we have to also realise we are playing for high stakes about the very future of our industry.

So thank you for your continued support and we will continue to give you updates.

In the meantime be under no illusions this dispute is anything but over.

Regards

Martin Walsh Mark Palfrey John Simkins
London Divisional Reps

07 Nov 2017, 20:44

We are now in the third week of mediation and as yet there has been no significant progress.

No we're not.
So far all that has happened is that a mediator has been appointed and both sides have given their position to the mediator to digest, now that the mediator is apparently up to speed serious negotiations can take place, Royal Mail will of course make small compromises a little at a time and only when both sides decide they've moved as far as they can will the mediator step in and give their recommendations. After that both sides have up to a week to consider those recommendations and then there's a two week cooling off period. Only then can the union decide whether strikes are a viable option.

To continue to pretend that pre-Christmas strikes are a "real possibility" is deceitful. The members deserve honesty after giving the union a mandate that it chose to squander.It's pretty shabby if you ask me.

07 Nov 2017, 20:58

Fish we are in the third week that has been confirmed and therefore unless Royal Mail male a move than after 4 weeks the mediator has to provide recommendations which neither side has to accept or agree. unless there is progress than the CWU can than declare the mediation process has finished and than the last two weeks of talks kick in.

Based on that timeline strike action is possible before Christmas all be it the last week.

However it is now up to Royal Mail make a move. The timeline outlined is correct.

07 Nov 2017, 22:07

Repeat of previous post & post today concur with dingo.

EDITED

BULLETIN #22 Friday 27th October 2017

MEDIATION UPDATE
On Thursday 26th October 2017 the CWU’s negotiating team attended the first meeting of
the mediation process.

The CWU have made it clear that the clock is ticking on the mediation process and in line
with the provisions set out in the AfG Agreement we expect a summary report from the
Mediator with final recommendations to be produced within 4 weeks of her appointment.

So that will be Monday 20th November.... "Expect" being the operative word. "Within" meaning not beyond 4 weeks I assume.

08 Nov 2017, 00:56

I expect Royal Mail will show progress by tossing out a few more demands they never expected to get. I vote for team-working and clocking in and out of areas in mail centres.

Then we'll be left with pensions - which is tough, admittedly. And shift changes, which to an outsider, no matter how experienced doesn't sound like a big deal. You don't want to work from nine to five, like most of the world? And you really can't adjust your shift patterns by two hours?

08 Nov 2017, 05:05

However it is now up to Royal Mail make a move. The timeline outlined is correct.

That's nice.
I'll just wait for the "Real progress made...talks extended" thread to start and post in that one.
End of next week okay or will we hang on until the end of the month?

08 Nov 2017, 05:38

If we strike before Christmas, I will devour my hat on a public livestream.

Even if the call was made, do you think people are going to strike the week before Christmas?

08 Nov 2017, 10:02

Christmas is just another day, within a week it's gone and we are back in the s**t.

08 Nov 2017, 13:50

fishtank wrote:

That's nice.
I'll just wait for the "Real progress made...talks extended" thread to start and post in that one.

I think 2 week extension will be the words. Cheese and biscuits and maybe a glass of port by the log fire.
We have heard it all before and deal of the century might come into play as well
I just don't understand why they don't take the pension out of the negotiations and get on with the pay rise.
It's certainly not going to happen one pension for all as any layman can see it will be unaffordable going forward unless there is a more aggressive and risk taking way of investing our funds

08 Nov 2017, 17:42

fishtank wrote:

That's nice.

I'm with the fishy.
When do you think they will drop the £££££ carrot? :roll:

08 Nov 2017, 18:23

General Mannerheim wrote:
fishtank wrote:

That's nice.

I'm with the fishy.
When do you think they will drop the £££££ carrot? :roll:

What a £1000 manky carrot some would sell their own mothers for it but they would be shooting themselves in the foot at the same time as a pension for all would benefit your lifetime not just this Christmas!

08 Nov 2017, 18:28

I can't believe they're still banging on about a xmas strike. No way. I'm as die-hard as most when it comes to union support but no way in hell do I want to strike in xmas week. There are kids who need their stuff delivered.

It's xmas ffs. It may just be commercial shite to some people but not to me. It's bleedin xmas week ffs. I'd personally hate to be a cause of ruining that. I'd need to face those kids the week after. Sorry Jimmy, you didn't get your xmas gift because I want more money. Good grief.

I'd be well up for striking when it's holiday brochures and new year sales. That's a whole different market so far as I'm concerned.

08 Nov 2017, 18:30

cloherty1976 wrote:
fishtank wrote:

That's nice.

I think 2 week extension will be the words. Cheese and biscuits and maybe a glass of port by the log fire.
We have heard it all before and deal of the century might come into play as well
I just don't understand why they don't take the pension out of the negotiations and get on with the pay rise.
It's certainly not going to happen one pension for all as any layman can see it will be unaffordable going forward unless there is a more aggressive and risk taking way of investing our funds

If you "just don't understand why they don't take the pension out of the negotiations and get on with the pay rise" you don't understand that those are far from the only two issues and if they were both are too important for one to be taken out of the negotiations. :roll:

08 Nov 2017, 18:43

wannabeek wrote:I can't believe they're still banging on about a xmas strike. No way. I'm as die-hard as most when it comes to union support but no way in hell do I want to strike in xmas week. There are kids who need their stuff delivered.

It's xmas ffs. It may just be commercial shite to some people but not to me. It's bleedin xmas week ffs. I'd personally hate to be a cause of ruining that. I'd need to face those kids the week after. Sorry Jimmy, you didn't get your xmas gift because I want more money. Good grief.

I'd be well up for striking when it's holiday brochures and new year sales. That's a whole different market so far as I'm concerned.

Sentiment should not cloud your judgement as it has we are not the one's who have procrastinated for over two years of talks whilst breaking every agreement ever made in the past yet find's one that suit's them! Thing is all this could have been agreed or put to a vote sooner with greater involvement of the management side it is they who should apologise for their own failure in communicating with the union and the workforce it represents it highlights a FAILURE IN COMMUNICATION WHICH IS A DAMMING INDICTMENT FOR A COMMUNICATIONS COMPANY!

08 Nov 2017, 18:45

wannabeek wrote:I can't believe they're still banging on about a xmas strike. No way. I'm as die-hard as most when it comes to union support but no way in hell do I want to strike in xmas week. There are kids who need their stuff delivered.

It'll be a shame if the kids don't get there presents but not as much a shame as me visiting a soup kitchen when my pension gets ripped off !

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4