ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

How much will they offer?

27%
1>250
12%
250>500
34%
500+
27%

Total votes : 261

Lump sum incoming

12 Oct 2017, 16:40

So after winning their injunction and holding off strike action for another 7 weeks (Nov 30th), what’s the betting we are offered a lump sum to not strike over Xmas pressure?

I’ll stick a poll up for a bit of fun but as far as I’m concerned they can shove it where the sun doesn’t shine.

#RiseUp

Lump sum incoming

12 Oct 2017, 16:52

What MOYA offering anything such a tight arse god she worked half of us to death and she wants the pensions of us all next thing we will have funeral plans directly took out of our wages with 900% APR so she can send the bailiffs in just in case we have any money left over after a life of work.

Lump sum incoming

12 Oct 2017, 16:52

weary_posty wrote:So after winning their injunction and holding off strike action for another 7 weeks (Nov 30th), what’s the betting we are offered a lump sum to not strike over Xmas pressure?

I’ll stick a poll up for a bit of fun but as far as I’m concerned they can shove it where the sun doesn’t shine.

#RiseUp

they have to give 2 weeks notice of a strike so that would be week commencing 11th dec right in the middle of xmas pressure

Lump sum incoming

12 Oct 2017, 16:54

viking1488 wrote:
weary_posty wrote:So after winning their injunction and holding off strike action for another 7 weeks (Nov 30th), what’s the betting we are offered a lump sum to not strike over Xmas pressure?

#RiseUp

they have to give 2 weeks notice of a strike so that would be week commencing 11th dec right in the middle of xmas pressure

The judge has given 5 weeks of mediation so I accounted for the 2 weeks notice.

Lump sum incoming

12 Oct 2017, 16:56

weary_posty wrote:
viking1488 wrote:

#RiseUp

The judge has given 5 weeks of mediation so I accounted for the 2 weeks notice.

:thumbup

Lump sum incoming

12 Oct 2017, 17:22

Christmas bonus looking like it's f***ed then. ;)

Lump sum incoming

12 Oct 2017, 17:54

Newbie001 wrote:Christmas bonus looking like it's f***ed then. ;)

They can stick the Xmas Bonus where the sun don't shine. This is my future. Heard a few Olds talking today, they don't give a s**t as it does not affect them,most looking for IHR as well.. Selfish gits.

They get nothing from me from now on. This Company is s**t.

Lump sum incoming

12 Oct 2017, 23:42

The employer has messed up big time here. A strike during Christmas Pressure is not good ! ! ! And how angry am I about those flawed individuals at the top and their "Injunction" ? I am very very angry. . . you will destroy this magnificent institution if you carry on as you are ! ! !

Lump sum incoming

13 Oct 2017, 06:25

enskied wrote:

They can stick the Xmas Bonus where the sun don't shine. This is my future. Heard a few Olds talking today, they don't give a s**t as it does not affect them,most looking for IHR as well.. Selfish gits.

Genuine question, if its so bad at Royal Mail why don't you walk out and get another job? Or failing that (and considering the realities of jobs not being as easy to come by as they once were) start looking and applying such that you can continue working until that new job is secured, then walk away.

Lump sum incoming

13 Oct 2017, 11:02

Dear loyalsnail, even senior royal mail management sneer at your attitude, or at least any normal thinking human!

Lump sum incoming

13 Oct 2017, 12:55

loyalsnail wrote:
enskied wrote:

Genuine question, if its so bad at Royal Mail why don't you walk out and get another job? Or failing that (and considering the realities of jobs not being as easy to come by as they once were) start looking and applying such that you can continue working until that new job is secured, then walk away.

Genuine answer - because then all jobs will be in a race to the bottom.

Genuine Question: Why is it so wrong to stay and fight for better conditions, more recognition and a better job.

Lump sum incoming

13 Oct 2017, 15:46

ANTO wrote:Dear loyalsnail, even senior royal mail management sneer at your attitude, or at least any normal thinking human!

It was a genuine question, there are a lot of people with strong anti Royal Mail feelings, yet they still work for the company. Why? Is it the camaraderie between workers, the hours, the pay? Why do people who hate their job so much not at least look elsewhere (as was an option I included in my statement)? Are people looking but just not able to find anything better, or indeed anything at all? I'm genuinely interested.

Lump sum incoming

13 Oct 2017, 15:56

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
loyalsnail wrote:
enskied wrote:

Genuine answer - because then all jobs will be in a race to the bottom.

Genuine Question: Why is it so wrong to stay and fight for better conditions, more recognition and a better job.

It's not wrong to do so but to have such extreme views based upon a perception of where the company is going as opposed to where it is is a little... Extreme.

I know what they say, for evil to prosper all it takes is for good men to do nothing but my partner works for the NHS... Capped rises if she's lucky, my Old Man hasn't had a pay raise at all in eight years... Is the CWU fighting the good fight for the benefit of all? Maybe. Do they need to demonize Senior Management? I'd argue not.

Lump sum incoming

13 Oct 2017, 16:04

loyalsnail wrote:
enskied wrote:

I think you've got the wrong end of the proverbial stick, it's not the job people hate,when we are outside of management control ( in the main), outside,it's a brilliant job, it's all the politicking and constant changing for no good reason ,that a lot of us hate. Remember we get demonised by management, we're all lazy,stupid,thieving etc, well a fish rots from the head.
Last edited by rubberbond on 13 Oct 2017, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.

Lump sum incoming

13 Oct 2017, 16:08

rubberbond wrote:
loyalsnail wrote:
enskied wrote:

I think you've got the wrong end of the proverbial stick, it's not the job people hate,when we are outside of management contro ( in the main) outside it's a brilliant job, it's all the politicking and constant changing for no good reason ,that a lot of us hate. Remember we get demonised by management, we're all lazy,stupid,thieving etc well a fish rots from the head.

Some people don't like change and can't except it.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2