ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR ARRANGEMENTS 2017/18 INCLUDING PAY ARRANGEMENTS... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : SEVERE WEATHER THREADS : UPDATED 2017... HERE

High Court Date Thursday! 10.30am

09 Oct 2017, 18:36

The date is now Thursday , we are awaiting the time. We will be holding a demo at the High Court in protest. All are welcome obviously it will be in the Strand.

Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London WC2A 2LL at 10:30 on Thursday 12th October 2017.

In terms of whether Royal Mail will succeed or not is obviously down to Judge.

However let’s be clear Royal Mail have lost the workforce. Don’t underestimate how bad that has gone down with Moya and co as they have spent millions in the Big Conversation projects , WTLL , Employee Opinion Survey , My Bundle , One Plan and WCM. Yet they only managed to convince 10 thousand people to vote no.

Royal Mail have conceded and are offering further concessions as if they manage to get compulsory mediation than they simply cannot deliver their strategy and the last thing they will have is peace as there will be flashpoints in many offices.

I have been in Royal Mail for 34 years and in those years I have been involved in lots of local and National both official and unofficial and led a few but I have never seen such anger and resentment torwards the CEO and senior Board members over their proposals and their vision for the company. I don’t think many of those Directors will be here after this dispute.

Those who seem to think we should just accept whatever the company wants without argument or challenge ignore the fact that we have always come out of a strike better than we went into one on and we are already seeing concessions being made and offered.

What is a sad and damning indictment on Royal Mail is that a significant number of postmen and women want to take action regardless of whether Royal Mail are making concessions as they are so against the vision and actions of the Board.

High Court Date Thursday!

09 Oct 2017, 18:53

As always thanks for the update!

09 Oct 2017, 18:55

Thanks for keeping us informed. Thanks also for doing the demo - so many of us would be there if we were able, I'm sure.

09 Oct 2017, 21:37

Thanks for the update Dingo.
Appreciated

09 Oct 2017, 21:54

Can you disclose what concessions they are offering dingo.

10 Oct 2017, 08:46

As always Dingo thanks for the update

10 Oct 2017, 08:59

Thanks for the update, the company is at a cross roads and never in my 30 yrs as you have said Dingo have I felt so strongly about whats going on.

10 Oct 2017, 11:29

Just to let u know no matter what the outcome in court is 90 percent of.my office want to walk either way!

10 Oct 2017, 12:54

bigal383 wrote:Just to let u know no matter what the outcome in court is 90 percent of.my office want to walk either way!

Your point is why he board should be worried, I personally voted yes, I am no fan of strikes but the time has come to make a stand for now and forever more, we cannot continue like this ,the business seems to have irked its workforce like I've never seen. This could cost a few senior people their jobs and we need them replaced with people who aren't just playing at it

10 Oct 2017, 12:59

I'll be very interested to read the outcome of the case as I can't find anything within the AfG document that supports RM's claim that external mediation is mandatory in the circumstances that have presented themselves.

10 Oct 2017, 13:12

tone123 wrote:I'll be very interested to read the outcome of the case as I can't find anything within the AfG document that supports RM's claim that external mediation is mandatory in the circumstances that have presented themselves.

The section they are referring to is on page 15 and is 5.4 External mediation.

10 Oct 2017, 13:38

5.4 External Mediation
External Mediation will apply in the following circumstances:
• If a local disagreement remains unresolved after Stage 3 of the IR Framework there will be 7 days for national intervention, after which it will automatically be referred immediately for external mediation.
• Where the national parties fail to reach agreement on a point of principle relating to existing agreements that has been referred to them, it will be referred for external mediation after a period not exceeding one month from it being initially tabled by either party.
• Where there is a national disagreement relating to a matter that is not covered by existing collective agreements, it will be similarly referred if an agreed way forward is not found within one month.
• Where unballoted industrial action continues beyond 48 hours.

The External Mediator will be appointed from a jointly agreed panel managed by ACAS and will have no other connection with Royal Mail or the CWU. The mediator will be provided with all relevant papers and evidence, together with clear statements from each party on the issue that is in dispute and on which a recommendation is sought. Both Royal Mail and CWU will provide a representative to work with the Mediator to assist in understanding the issue in dispute, the background and the implications of any decision before it is made.
In considering the dispute and making recommendations, the External Mediator will take account of any regulatory and legal requirements, the terms and spirit of the Agenda for Growth, Stability and Long Term Success Agreement, other relevant national agreements, the needs of customers, the universal service obligation, and the need for appropriate efficiency supported by a climate of sustainable trust and collaborative decision making.
The External Mediator will produce recommendations within two weeks of having received all relevant papers and having met the representatives of each party. Although the recommendations from the mediator are nonbinding the expectation is that both parties will use the mediator’s recommendations to resolve their differences.

10 Oct 2017, 13:52

The Communications Union

VITAL UPDATE - SHARE AND GET BEHIND THE UNION

Dear Colleague

ROYAL MAIL GROUP LEGAL CHALLENGES

At 6pm on Friday the 6th October, the Union received two separate letters from Royal Mail’s solicitors stating they would be seeking an interim injunction to stop the Industrial Action notified to the employer for strike action to take place next week.

The first letter was in regard to potential legal proceedings and external mediation, which forms part of the process set out in the Agenda for Growth Agreement. In their letter the company acknowledges that the Agenda for Growth Agreement does not stop our members being able to take strike action. However, they claim that the external mediation process has not been fully exhausted, prior to us calling for industrial action.

The second letter was in relation to the company alleging the Union failed to take reasonable steps to notify our members of the ballot result.
Both letters required the Union to respond by noon today and to withdraw the notice for next week’s strike action. In response, we can confirm the Union will not be withdrawing the notice for strike action and following legal advice we will defend our position in court, if necessary.

Since the company’s initial letters were sent on Friday 6th October, we have now received two subsequent communications. Firstly, to notify us that Royal Mail will now apply to the court for an interim injunction in relation to their claim on mediation. Secondly, the company has withdrawn the legal challenge regarding our alleged failure to notify our members of the ballot result. In light of these developments we do therefore expect to be in court later this week.

It is very important that our Branches and Representatives convey the contents of this LTB to our members as soon as possible. Further information will be provided in due course.

Dave Ward
Tony Kearns
Terry Pullinger

10 Oct 2017, 13:55

It would be nice to think that Senior Management will be held accountable for this avoidable fiasco. :pray It's not personal, I don't know any of them, but I do blame them for trying to run this business into the ground in the pursuit of greed! :no no

I'd expect a company of this size to be led by Professionals who know what they're about. This current crop just don't seem up to the job. :cuppa

10 Oct 2017, 14:05

bigal383 wrote:Just to let u know no matter what the outcome in court is 90 percent of.my office want to walk either way!

Just a little warning to you and your colleagues in your office. You will be in breach of contract with all that entails. Plus, you could be held in contempt of court, with all that entails. Really depends on how much RM want to make an example of you.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 6   1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6