ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

"Delivery Attempted"

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Powrigan

"Delivery Attempted"

Post by Powrigan »

I have been in all day and believe me you cant miss the buzzer!

I have received other parcels this week including one that was with Parcel Force and they all managed to buzz the door and drop off the parcels with no issues whatsoever.

I checked the app to get idea where the van was and it was not in the area I live. Next moment the app was changed to "Delivery Attempted" when it clearly wasn't. The app now says returned to Depot and obviously due to the driver not turning up I have not received a Missed Delivery card.

I appreciate the driver may be behind time because of the light scattering of snow, but I would rather be told to expect the delivery on another day than the driver lying on the app. Will the delivery reattempted? or will I now have to go to the depot to pick it up?

2yearpostie

Re: "Delivery Attempted"

Post by 2yearpostie »

Wasnt aware the royal mail app told you where the driver was, you sure its royal mail delivering?
The driver wouldnt have been lying it may be that a few streets from where you live the road is impassible and they are not allowed to take another route for insurance reasons. They will attempt to deliver your package on the next working day.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

2yearpostie wrote:
16 Jan 2021, 14:01
Wasnt aware the royal mail app told you where the driver was, you sure its royal mail delivering?
The driver wouldnt have been lying it may be that a few streets from where you live the road is impassible and they are not allowed to take another route for insurance reasons. They will attempt to deliver your package on the next working day.
AFAIK RM's tracking doesn't have that ability yet, though I expect that they'll add that functionality eventually (quite a few couriers seem to have that ability already)
MrsSurti

Post by MrsSurti »

So what do you do when you've had 1 parcel delivered by the postman and not the other. Somehow he's managed to miss us, and not leave a card at all.

I waited the whole day for this, after a 2 month wait with international shipping, to then receive this.

How am I to have access to this parcel?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2yearpostie

Post by 2yearpostie »

MrsSurti wrote:
07 May 2021, 08:13
So what do you do when you've had 1 parcel delivered by the postman and not the other. Somehow he's managed to miss us, and not leave a card at all.

I waited the whole day for this, after a 2 month wait with international shipping, to then receive this.

How am I to have access to this parcel?
https://www.royalmail.com/receiving-mai ... ivery/book

Here you go, Book a redelivery here and they will bring it back out.