ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Item received at Langley HWDC

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Thetinypig

Re: Item received at Langley HWDC

Post by Thetinypig »

Thank you for the prompt reply.
It was from the Reebok website and is fully legitimate. Although I have contacted them I am yet to get a reply.
Is it possible that it is stuck in customs?
Thanks

PDN

Post by PDN »

I was expecting an item shipped from Netherlands to my address in Diego Garcia, British Indian Ocean Territory(BIOT) back in August. I was told I would received it three weeks, but to this day, I have not received it yet. Tracking numbers: RU856650445NL and RU856650437NL. The tracking states items were shipped, arrived in customs in UK back in early September, then shipped back to Netherlands for a few weeks, now it’s back at customs in UK, then at the HWDC in Langley. What’s the deal with my packages???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

PDN wrote:
11 Oct 2021, 01:25
I was expecting an item shipped from Netherlands to my address in Diego Garcia, British Indian Ocean Territory(BIOT) back in August. I was told I would received it three weeks, but to this day, I have not received it yet. Tracking numbers: RU856650445NL and RU856650437NL. The tracking states items were shipped, arrived in customs in UK back in early September, then shipped back to Netherlands for a few weeks, now it’s back at customs in UK, then at the HWDC in Langley. What’s the deal with my packages???
My guess is that the equivalent of RM in the Netherlands think that they have to send it via the UK. I don't believe that RM has any services to Diego Garcia so RM are returning it to the Netherlands.

Does mail for Diego Garcia normally go via another country?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Thetinypig wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 20:40
Thank you for the prompt reply.
It was from the Reebok website and is fully legitimate. Although I have contacted them I am yet to get a reply.
Is it possible that it is stuck in customs?
Thanks
Its possible, but after this length of time unlikely.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

SpacePhoenix wrote:
11 Oct 2021, 01:44
PDN wrote:
11 Oct 2021, 01:25
I was expecting an item shipped from Netherlands to my address in Diego Garcia, British Indian Ocean Territory(BIOT), back in August. I was told I would received it three weeks, but to this day, I have not received it yet. Tracking numbers: RU856650445NL and RU856650437NL. The tracking states items were shipped, arrived in customs in UK back in early September, then shipped back to Netherlands for a few weeks, now it’s back at customs in UK, then at the HWDC in Langley. What’s the deal with my packages???
My guess is that the equivalent of RM in the Netherlands think that they have to send it via the UK. I don't believe that RM has any services to Diego Garcia so RM are returning it to the Netherlands.

Does mail for Diego Garcia normally go via another country?
I think it's better for the OP to go to an official RM site like Twitter @royalmailhelp This is an obscure issue that most posties would never have come across before. In fact, that may be why it is perhaps being missorted by someone at HWDC.

Diego Garcia is in British Indian Ocean Territory but has a substantial American base there. Officially, I believe Royal Mail has a Mail Centre there (its code is IODGAB), so I'm not sure if it's routed via USPS, or we have a direct route, or perhaps it goes through India.

There is an article about the Post Office of Diego Garcia https://www.dvidshub.net/news/361929/ma ... fice-world
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
fairy133

Post by fairy133 »

Hello, I am hoping someone could help.

I sent something from the UK to the USA. Tracking tracks up to Sunday 31st October "05.57 Item Leaving UK LANGLEY HWDC"

But it stops there, all USPS website says is "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece"

It doesn't say it's been received by USPS. Can anyone shed any light if this could be held up at HWDC or has it really got lost given there is no update since 31st October?

Any help would be very much appreciated as the item is sentimental. Thank you so very much x
Mrekss88

Post by Mrekss88 »

I got the same problem. I understand that christmas period and covid but its 3 weeks now. Im worried a bit…
Hwdc received on 26th of november… never happened before!
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

Mrekss88 wrote:
15 Dec 2021, 12:31
I got the same problem. I understand that christmas period and covid but its 3 weeks now. Im worried a bit…
Hwdc received on 26th of november… never happened before!
It sounds like the issue in this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=103354

If not, we are going to need a bit more information to help, like the full tracking, possibly the contents of the item.
nataliawojaczynska

Post by nataliawojaczynska »

Hello I posted two packages to Poland on the 5th of December and the tracking number on Royal Mail website says that the packages have been at LANGLEY HWDC on the 8th of December and were leaving the UK on the same day yet when I check the tracking on Polish postal service it says the package is still at Langley HWDC. I have been posting to Poland during lockdown and have never had it stuck for this long and the tracking information is quite confusing as You can see. I am getting a little bit worried if the packages have not been lost ? They should reach their destination by next Monday but it does not seem to be possible since they are not moving at all. Can someone help me please ?
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

Again, difficult to help with this without the full tracking information.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

The next tracking event will be once Polish customs have released it to the local postal operator
Wronka93

Post by Wronka93 »

Hi i send parcel to Poland on 24th november 25th already was at LANGLEY HWDC and then nothing im worried the parcel is lost its been 3 weeks now there any way to find out whats is goin on or just be patient :confused :confused
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Patience is probably the best idea. Poland is having problems so it may be held in the UK till thry grt capacity to send it, or it may indeed be in Poland and caught in their backlog.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... t-bulletin
Latest Update: 3 Dec 2021
End date: Ongoing
Incident: Coronavirus

Original Incident
Polish Post has updated that the situation has not improved with service quality as restrictions remains for operations and delivery staff. The processing and delivery of all mail types continue to be affected and the Post is unable to guarantee meeting delivery standards.
stanloi

Post by stanloi »

Hi

I have a package that says “Item has left our International Processing Centre
Heathrow Worldwide DC, United Kingdom”

I have added a screenshot. This was from the 14th December. I am wondering is it likely to be stuck in customs, I do not see a released from customs or presented to customs. I have had a couple of packages since but not that one.

I’m just not entirely sure if it’s stuck or lost or held up.
Wondering if someone can just take a look at my attachment and give their thoughts.

Totally appreciate it’s a busy time of year on top of everything else.

Thanks
IMG_4770.jpg
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

stanloi wrote:
20 Dec 2021, 21:02
I am wondering is it likely to be stuck in customs, I do not see a released from customs or presented to customs.
The tracking will never make any reference to customs, they don't do any tracking there. The last two tracking points do show that it has passed out of customs to Royal Mail.

Some international services don't get any tracking between that point and delivery, and it is the busiest time of the year. However, it might be worth contacting RM customer services to ask why it hasn't reached you yet.