ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Item received at Langley HWDC

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Item received at Langley HWDC

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

MegsMum wrote:
21 May 2021, 11:35
I contacted the seller about my package (remember? The one that has been swallowed up at HWDC) and they've sent another one. They only sent it 3 days ago, but it has already arrived at my local depot. Funny, that - I reckon someone at Langley took a fancy to the first one and it will never surface :mad
Can I just point out that accusing someone in the postal chain of stealing, on a forum for postal workers, isn't really fair. Yes it can happen, and probably does, after all, there are 140,000 posties in the UK, but it's not going to garner any sympathy or induce anyone to advise you if you have any further problems. Perhaps you didn't see my post indicating other customers are having issues with the tracking from USPS.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."

NickRMCustomer

Post by NickRMCustomer »

It is well documented that Customs are checking batches of parcels as SpacePhoenix points out; there does also appear to be a lot of issues with items clearing Customs at the moment, whether that be the massive increase in volume as people buy online as they can't travel overseas or the difficulties with interpretation of how to apply charges to goods from the EU, etc.

It is frustrating when some items sail through (as my past one did) and the latest has been sat apparently in the UK for about two weeks, but Royal Mail don't think it's here yet - but if you check the news, the backlogs are huge.

If you believe your parcel has been lost under suspicious circumstances there is a process you can use to raise this. This is RM staff forum as well, as TrueBlueTerrior says - my postman has been a legend for years, there can be problems, but remember there are lots of carriers involved in getting mail into the Country
Victoria.UK

Post by Victoria.UK »

Dear Sir/ Madam,
I sent the parcel from London to Lithuania (Vilnius) on 1st April 2021, tracking No RN773162017GB. It is still in Langley. Is it any chance it could be delivered or I shouldn't expect?
Regards,
Vic
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

According to the tracking, it left Langley on 02 April. So the problem is at Lithuanian customs. Either they have long delays (we wouldn’t know) or they have kept it because the contents are not allowed to enter Lithuania.

Are you the sender? If so, you should make a claim from Royal Mail.
bet365dan

Post by bet365dan »

Hi,

A rather large item was sent from Thailand containing 12 colourful Thai shirts (similar to Hawaiian shirts) on the 09/04/21 and arrived at Langley HWDC on the 14/04/21 at 08.57am. I've spoken to Royal Mail and they state the item has now been classified as lost. The advisor stated it may be that the address label may have been damaged in transit. It was destined to an address in Gibraltar (where we live) and the post code is GX111AA, however as everyone in Gibraltar has the same postcode, it does not populate on a postcode generator. I would be grateful if anyone who works at the warehouse has any further information on this parcel. I can supply both addresses if required and the tracking number is RO129154156TH. Many Thanks.

Dan.
NickRMCustomer

Post by NickRMCustomer »

Hi @bet365dan,

It sounds like you are in one of those trickly situations that are more common with Parcel Force than Royal Mail in my experience. As your item RO129154156TH is showing as being recieved at Langley HWDC that would suggest it had cleared through Customs and been passed on to RM.

However, I thought Gibraltar had it's own Postal Service - I wasn't aware that RM processed Post for Gibraltar - I'm sure somewhere here will know the arrangements though.

I have never had an item formally declared as lost, so that is quite interesting. Even if the address label had fallen off - would there not be an option for you to provide details of the tracking number, the contents, possibly the contents also contain your name and address - so RM could determine the parcel was intended for you and move it on through the system.

Hopefully one of the RM experts here will have some ideas for you?

Could GX111AA have been mistaken for a UK postcode, so the item was sent to Heathrow rather than being sent on GibPost? Just a thought ... hopefully they'll find something for you.
Victoria.UK

Post by Victoria.UK »

Snaggletooth wrote:
26 May 2021, 06:44
According to the tracking, it left Langley on 02 April. So the problem is at Lithuanian customs. Either they have long delays (we wouldn’t know) or they have kept it because the contents are not allowed to enter Lithuania.

Are you the sender? If so, you should make a claim from Royal Mail.
Thank you for the quick answer, I appreciate it!
Yes, I'm the sender. Thank you for the advice to make a claim. I will.
Have a good day!
bet365dan

Post by bet365dan »

Hi NickRMCustomer,

Thanks for your response the other day regarding my parcel. However, we had a ticket today regarding a packet to collect from the Gib Post Office. And surprise, surprise it was actually the parcel from Thailand that we have been waiting for!! It took 5 days to arrive at Heathrow from Thailand and 54 days to get from Heathrow to Gibraltar!! I think they must be having some major problems at Langley perhaps. The tracking status still states that the parcel has arrived at Langley, but nothing else, so really not sure what went wrong. At least this is a sign that even though they are having problems, eventually the parcels arrive. So, please be patient everyone that hasn't received their parcels yet!!

Regards,
Daniel.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

bet365dan wrote:
28 May 2021, 18:09
Hi NickRMCustomer,

Thanks for your response the other day regarding my parcel. However, we had a ticket today regarding a packet to collect from the Gib Post Office. And surprise, surprise it was actually the parcel from Thailand that we have been waiting for!! It took 5 days to arrive at Heathrow from Thailand and 54 days to get from Heathrow to Gibraltar!! I think they must be having some major problems at Langley perhaps. The tracking status still states that the parcel has arrived at Langley, but nothing else, so really not sure what went wrong. At least this is a sign that even though they are having problems, eventually the parcels arrive. So, please be patient everyone that hasn't received their parcels yet!!

Regards,
Daniel.
Only thing I can think of is maybe it has to clear UK customs before it gets released to HWDC who then forward it on to Gibraltar. No idea if UK customs deal with all the customs stuff for Gibraltar or if Gibraltar have a separate customs
Mandan86

Post by Mandan86 »

Hello.
Sorry to bother you with this but I to have a package stranded at Langley but the tracking info keeps switching back and forth between customs and we've got it.i was just wondering if thats normal?
The number is LT926031407NL I would be very grateful if someone could help me?thank you so much
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Mandan86 wrote:
12 Aug 2021, 01:33
Hello.
Sorry to bother you with this but I to have a package stranded at Langley but the tracking info keeps switching back and forth between customs and we've got it.i was just wondering if thats normal?
The number is LT926031407NL I would be very grateful if someone could help me?thank you so much
Looking at the timings:

Friday 30 July 2021
17:00
Item Received
LANGLEY HWDC, United Kingdom
17:00
Item at UK customs
LANGLEY HWDC, United Kingdom

One of them is almost certainly a scan in the wrong mode and then it's been scanned again in the correct mode
Mandan86

Post by Mandan86 »

So would that mean it's in customs or on it's way?thank you for your help
Benjy1044

Post by Benjy1044 »

my parcel from china to the uk, still hasn't updated
LZ968841635CN
Royal Mail says it is in transit, when china post says it arrived on the 31st, its now the 13th (an hour to the 14th) and no update on tracking, I would of thought it would at least say it arrived at Langley, anyone have any suggestions, thoughts or knowledge to share about this,
Thetinypig

Post by Thetinypig »

Hello,
My parcel has been stuck at hwdc for 3 months now. Should I just keep being patient?
Tracking: UU152001494CN
China post
Thanks
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Thetinypig wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 10:03
Hello,
My parcel has been stuck at hwdc for 3 months now. Should I just keep being patient?
Tracking: UU152001494CN
China post
Thanks
According to https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/UU152001494CN it's not a tracked service
This is the final status. Carrier doesn't provide further tracking updates.
To be frank, both US and China tracking seem to have problems at the moment. My guess its either been misdelivered or (and China is known for it) you may have been scammed.

I would look into a Charge-Back if you paid by card, or contact the seller and claim non-receipt.

Good luck.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."