ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Item received at Langley HWDC

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Adam_720

Item received at Langley HWDC

Post by Adam_720 »

Hello, my tracking has been stuck at Langley hwdc since 21st December, normally items are processed within a few hours so I’m not sure what’s going on, no customs charges to pay etc. So is anyone else in the same position as me or if your item has recently been in Langley how long did it take to get processed.
Thanks for your help

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Item received at Langley HWDC

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

There are huge delays at HWDC at the moment. It's Royal Mail international hub and they had to close the border recently for a few days.

Some customers posting on this section have been waiting for 4 weeks and in some cases longer. Basically, Covid, Border closures and Christmas was the perfect storm and Customs is struggling to get through the stuff.

It will eventually be released but on this unofficial site thats all we can advise, and to be honest, even bugging Royal Mail won't expedite matters. All I can advise is to be patient.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Adam_720

Post by Adam_720 »

Still haven’t got an update, any news on the backlog and the situation at Langley, I see lots of people having the same issues as me. Mines been received at Langley hwdc 21st December
ironmonkey

Post by ironmonkey »

I am in the exact same boat however mine is since 3rd Jan.

you are correct normally they are processed within a few hours and then leave Langley then delivered.

What i dont understand is other people i know who have ordered items from outside UK have had their parcel received at langley and cleared in a matter of hours despite their tracking showing it arrived in langley AFTER mine did and then tracked out the same day.

If there was a big backlog surly all parcels would be treated the same or am i missing something?

Can i ask where your parcel is coming from?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

ironmonkey wrote:
08 Jan 2021, 10:47

What i dont understand is other people i know who have ordered items from outside UK have had their parcel received at langley and cleared in a matter of hours despite their tracking showing it arrived in langley AFTER mine did and then tracked out the same day.

If there was a big backlog surly all parcels would be treated the same or am i missing something?
Customs do random checks on random bundles so its possible that later items will overtake older items that customs have selected.

When the backlog is huge then to cut down compensation claims they will try to process new items before already failed items. Its not fair and not something I agree with, but when managers are under pressure it can happen.

To be frank 3 Jan isn't a huge delay so I don't think it will in a batch that's been held back by Royal Mail, but may have been by Customs.
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
ironmonkey

Post by ironmonkey »

Thanks for the reply. Thing is i thought that once an item is scanned into "LANGLEY HWDC, United Kingdom, Item Received" that it has been handed over to Royal Mail and that "customs" has already scanned and checked the items?

I understand that customs do not scan parcels and the recipient is none the wiser while the process happens?
ironmonkey

Post by ironmonkey »

OK UPDATE, received the item on Saturday!!

Look at the tracking below. there was NO tracking which usual looks something like "leaving langley HWDC" to arrived and local MC - then arrived at local DO. to which it would finally be marked as delivered.

I know there is missing a scan, but really how can this be that it missed all of these scans and only tracks when the item was dropped through my door?

2021-01-11 11:35 MyTown DO, Delivered by

2021-01-04 11:11 LANGLEY HWDC, United Kingdom, Item Received

2020-12-13 13:59 China, Item Leaving overseas
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Human error - out of the millions of parcels we deliver daily its not bad.

What probably happened is that it was erroneously put into the non tracked stream rather than the tracked. Also its possible that it wasn't a a fully tracked service.
Adam_720

Post by Adam_720 »

Just had this update after being stuck in Langley over a month, any idea what’s happened? It’s an inbound parcel says it’s being dispatched overseas?

Item Received. Your item has been received at a Royal Mail site, international processing centre. Your item is being prepared for despatch overseas
redrook

Post by redrook »

I am in a similar situation, my incoming parcel from the US has been at HWDC for 14 days now. In that time I have had three other parcels (2 from USA, one from Sweden) go through HWDC ok. I am getting a bit concerned about it, are long delays still happening at random?
Business15

Post by Business15 »

Is it normal for a parcel to Italy to be delayed via the Tracked business service for 48 days?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Business15 wrote:
28 Feb 2021, 15:39
Is it normal for a parcel to Italy to be delayed via the Tracked business service for 48 days?
Answering the question as asked: No it's not normal, but even though we are not in normal times It would be an unusual length of time even now.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Business15 wrote:
28 Feb 2021, 15:39
What was the exact service used? There's "International Tracked" and "Tracked". The "Tracked" service is only valid within the UK. "International Tracked" is the one needed if an item is going abroad and needs tracking.

Could you post the tracking number? It should state on the tracking page the exact service that was used
Business15

Post by Business15 »

International Tracked as its sent to Italy.
redrook

Post by redrook »

I am expecting a parcel shipped by USPS First Class Package International. It arrived at HWDC on 10 Feb and has not yet been delivered, so it's about five weeks now. Any idea what could be going on with it? I know that the postcode is missing from the USPS sticker, but the full address is written on the box in marker (the sender was a bit of a numpty). I am wondering if this has confused the automated system and it is sitting in a cannot process pile or something similar. A human could quickly figure it out though.