ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Item received at Langley HWDC

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Re: Item received at Langley HWDC

Post by Snaggletooth »

rex786 wrote:
14 May 2022, 12:05
i m having the same freaking issue with my parcel
rex786 wrote:
14 May 2022, 22:31

It’s not lithium batteries…
Not actually the same issue as the previous poster, then. But it does look like a problem with the contents to me. What did you send?

rex786

Post by rex786 »

Snaggletooth wrote:
15 May 2022, 09:08
rex786 wrote:
14 May 2022, 12:05
i m having the same freaking issue with my parcel
rex786 wrote:
14 May 2022, 22:31

It’s not lithium batteries…
Not actually the same issue as the previous poster, then. But it does look like a problem with the contents to me. What did you send?
I’m not the sender
I’m the receiver waiting in Hong Kong for my package…
My friend in the UK sent me massage oil for hair loss and biotin skin care.

Is there any way that royalmail can launch an Enquiry into Langley in case one of the employees working there stole the package?
I don’t know how it’s like in the UK but here in Hong Kong when I worked at DHL long ago, there were occasionally parcels being stolen by the workers but they eventually got caught when the supervisors launched enquires..

Is there a similar system in the UK for royalmail to launch an Enquiry to see if someone stole the package there?
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Looking on the country guide page for Hong Kong on the RM website, looks like some medicines/pharmaceuticals require an import licence and flammable liquids aren't allowed into Hong Kong
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

When I worked in the Post Office, and customers were looking to send toiletries or pharmaceuticals outside of the EU, the general advice was not to bother. This is because they so frequently got seized or refused by customs at the other end, regardless of what it said in the country's customs rules.

As SP says, there are several ways this could have breached Hong Kong's rules. UK internal rules also mean that it must be packaged in a way that avoids leaks.

Looking at the tracking, I don't think it has gone on the plane yet. I suspect that it has been taken out of the mail system by Royal Mail for one of the following reasons:

1. RM suspect that the contents contravene HK customs rules, and the RM have taken it to one side while they consider whether it should be returned to sender or allowed to proceed. This happens frequently for borderline items.

2. The package started to leak, so it has been taken aside and destroyed, for the protection of other people's mail.
rex786

Post by rex786 »

Snaggletooth wrote:
16 May 2022, 20:52
When I worked in the Post Office, and customers were looking to send toiletries or pharmaceuticals outside of the EU, the general advice was not to bother. This is because they so frequently got seized or refused by customs at the other end, regardless of what it said in the country's customs rules.

As SP says, there are several ways this could have breached Hong Kong's rules. UK internal rules also mean that it must be packaged in a way that avoids leaks.

Looking at the tracking, I don't think it has gone on the plane yet. I suspect that it has been taken out of the mail system by Royal Mail for one of the following reasons:

1. RM suspect that the contents contravene HK customs rules, and the RM have taken it to one side while they consider whether it should be returned to sender or allowed to proceed. This happens frequently for borderline items.

2. The package started to leak, so it has been taken aside and destroyed, for the protection of other people's mail.
Would royalmail notify me what they would do to the package?
So far the only responses I get are “wait until 25 working days are over”
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

in the case of destroyed packages because of leaking - no. Their T&Cs say they don't have to inform you, there is no way to record it and ultimately if it did leak the chances are that one of the addresses if not both were made unreadable.

General https://www.royalmail.com/sites/royalma ... n-10.7.pdf
If we have reasonable suspicion that an Item contains Prohibited Materials, Restricted Materials which
do not comply with this Agreement or does not comply with Sanctions Laws we may:
3.22.1 open that Item or delay processing and delivery; and/or
3.22.2 deal with such Item in our absolute discretion (without incurring any liability whatsoever to
you or your Intended Recipient) including destroying or otherwise disposing of such Item in
whole or in part, or returning the relevant Item to you.
If we take one or all of the actions described in this clause, we are entitled to charge you the cost of
disposal and/or destruction, the standard Postage price and all other costs reasonably incurred by us.
International https://www.royalmail.com/sites/royalma ... sion-4.pdf
All countries have their own rules regarding prohibitions and restrictions on what they will allow in the
post. These rules vary from country to country, and sometimes apply to items which you may think
are ordinary. You are responsible for checking whether an item is prohibited or restricted in the
relevant country.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
rex786

Post by rex786 »

My parcel has been declared lost now
Is there any way I can get in touch with royalmail to help me enquire what happened to my parcel?
I can’t get in touch with my friend who is the sender.
Is there any other way for a receiver to ask royalmail to launch an Enquiry as to what went wrong with the parcel? I have been waiting since April now…
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

You can fill in a lost parcel form, but you are going to find some of the questions a bit difficult as recipient.
rex786

Post by rex786 »

The parcel went to China... instead of Hong Kong...
This has never happened before when I ordered using royal mail

How can royal mail make such a mistake...
Could they not distinguish between China and Hong Kong?!
The address written had the country section listed as “Hong Kong SAR China”
If it was supposed to be for China then it would be written out as China only... not Hong Kong SAR China...
It’s stuck in Shanghai now and I wonder if it will even make it to Hong Kong especially considering the fact that people in China barely use English in their day to day lives in anything at all.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

I lived in Hong Kong for 3 years, they get mail daily across the border direct from Guangzhou. So whilst it will cause a delay, it won't stop it from being delivered.

Also, china Post gets many items from the UK written in English and they have no trouble in delivering them in the vast majority of cases. I don't think it will cause a problem.
How can royal mail make such a mistake...
Human error, it happens there are processes in place to cope with it.
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
gt94sss2

Post by gt94sss2 »

rex786 wrote:
10 Jun 2022, 21:52
The address written had the country section listed as “Hong Kong SAR China”
No need to put SAR China on an item if it's going to Hong Kong. That probably caused the issue.

You will get the item in due course with a slight delay.

If you really want your address to include SAR China than you may want to add the post code 999077

Hong Kong doesn't use Post Codes but China Post sometimes uses 999077 to represent Hong Kong within its own systems so it may help them if this happens again
adam17284

Post by adam17284 »

Good morning,
Is any1 able to help? Just wondering if any1 is aware of any issues at Langley HWDC? I know its only been a couple of days since my tracking was updated (11/06/22 - 09.41), but I know they do normally process these within about 24 hours. It's just its quite urgent I get my package as soon as possible.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Cheers.
Littlepet

Re: Item received at Langley HWDC to go to Malaysia

Post by Littlepet »

Hi,

I have sent documents to Malaysia via International Track and Sign.

When I follow the tracking details it states that it is leaving Langley on 16 June. When I click through to the 'continue tracking', the link is dead.

Does this mean that the letter has left the UK and is already in Malaysia? Or a dead link? Or is the letter waiting in Langley still? Or Malaysia Postal Service have not received it and therefore no tracking info is shown?

Tracking ID RY280146002GB

Can anyone help with clarification?

Thanka
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Item received at Langley HWDC to go to Malaysia

Littlepet wrote:
21 Jun 2022, 15:20
Hi,

I have sent documents to Malaysia via International Track and Sign.

When I follow the tracking details it states that it is leaving Langley on 16 June. When I click through to the 'continue tracking', the link is dead.

Does this mean that the letter has left the UK and is already in Malaysia? Or a dead link? Or is the letter waiting in Langley still? Or Malaysia Postal Service have not received it and therefore no tracking info is shown?

Tracking ID RY280146002GB

Can anyone help with clarification?

Thanka
It looks like it is customs in Malaysia, but it's only 9 days from when it was sent, with Covid still hampering deliveries and customs worldwide I wouldn't be worried yet. If it is in customs it's a case of waiting for it to be released - the forecast at https://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/RY280146002GB estimates about another 6 days (but that's an unofficial estimate).
Littlepet

Post by Littlepet »

Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.👍