ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Wrong post code

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Myrtlemyrtle

Wrong post code

Post by Myrtlemyrtle »

Hello,
Hoping someone can help me. I’ve been waiting for an eBay package that was posted 2nd class signed for large letter. The tracking logged the package as being accepted at the Post Office on 24th October but the Royal Mail website can’t give any more information until a delivery is attempted. As 3 weeks had passed I went to my local sorting office in Chippenham and the staff were very helpful. They got a printout of the tracking which showed the postcode as SW14, which is incorrect. It should be SN14. It is at Jubilee MC, which I have assumed is in SW14. The eBay sender hasn’t put her address on the package so it can’t go back to her. The rest of my address is correct so I’m wondering if the parcel is likely to be delivered when someone checks the postcode. I don’t really know what to do next because it’s almost impossible to contact sorting offices directly so I can’t get anyone to track it down. Thanks for your help.

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Wrong post code

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

The jubilee Mail Centre is in Hounslow I think a TW postcode.

Most likely without a full address on it it will go to the lost letters section which is based in Belfast. You could contact Royal Mail Customer Services (who are very very busy at the moment).

However, under distance selling regulations in the UK, its the responsibility of the sender to make sure you get the item, as they addressed the item wrong then they should be taking all the actions needed for you to receive it, or give you a refund.

However you could try contacting @royalmailhelp on twitter or following the appropriate links here https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... ims_IVR_01
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Are both your address on eBay and PayPal both correct?
Myrtlemyrtle

Post by Myrtlemyrtle »

Thank you for your responses. I agree the seller should be doing all this chasing but they are not being very proactive. The address is correct with both PayPal and eBay. I’m quite surprised that someone hasn’t checked the postcode with the rest of the address. If the house number, street, village and town are correct then it would be easy to realise that Marshfield, Chippenham is SN14, not SW14. If may even have been misread as a capital N and W are pretty similar. My seller has since told me that she didn’t put her return address on the package so who knows where it will end up. I’ll give the link a try.
Thanks again
colin49

Post by colin49 »

contact Ebay as they should be able to sort out the seller or organise a refund