ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Representing Longridge Area Colchester

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
Merlin End

Post by Merlin End »

What is going on? No sign of a post person this week apart from some tracked deliveries. Checked CCTV to see if we had missed someone. I know the frames are full at Eastgates and post has been stored in the car park in cages. No acceptable RM. I have missed a long awaited for hospital appointment and my wife is missing now 2 weeks work information for her merchandising job. Perhaps a "manager" can explain. I have heard that management are stopping more than one person traveling in a van which is stopping the postman getting to their walks. Comments please

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Merlin End wrote:What is going on? No sign of a post person this week apart from some tracked deliveries. Checked CCTV to see if we had missed someone. I know the frames are full at Eastgates and post has been stored in the car park in cages. No acceptable RM. I have missed a long awaited for hospital appointment and my wife is missing now 2 weeks work information for her merchandising job. Perhaps a "manager" can explain. I have heard that management are stopping more than one person traveling in a van which is stopping the postman getting to their walks. Comments please
Comment: This isn't an official site so you are unlikely to get a "manager" to respond.

As to the 2 in a van, up till this week, it would not be local managers "stopping more than one person travelling in a van" it was national Royal Mail Policy as we were considered at high risk of contamination and spreading the virus. However, from this week they have changed that policy and made it Voluntary.

For an official answer you may wish to write to the CEO at RM HQ, or for a Customer Service perspective you can try the call centres (long wait times as they are working remotely) or twitter @royalmailhelp.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."