not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Parcel stated as delivered but not

27 Sep 2020, 00:04

I bought a computer mouse from china for about £7. It arrived in the UK and was lost. The item was stated as delivered, but wasn't: PN402770585GB

An hour before the stated delivery time, I had another delivery from china for some batteries. That was put through my letterbox with no problems. Both items were using the royal mail 48 service. It's not clear why the two items would arrive separately an hour apart. Is this normal?

I was in all day and absolutely sure no attempt was made to deliver the missing item. Also, I believe the item would be too big to put through the letter box if they tried. So, they would have to knock on the door or put a missed delivery card through. Neither happened. I have called the local delivery office about it. They said they would investigate and give me a response in 5 days.

What happens now? Have I lost £7 + the long call costs? I raised a dispute with the shop, but it really wasn't their fault.

27 Sep 2020, 08:31

It sounds to me like Royal Mail have delivered it to the wrong address.

UK law states that it is the seller’s responsibility to get the item to you. Failure of their sub-contractor (RM in this case) is their problem, not yours. You need to claim from the shop, and if that fails, from the credit card you paid with.

27 Sep 2020, 11:24

Thanks.

The shop refused responsibility and did their best to get me to cancel the dispute. When their time ran out, aliexpress stepped in and gave me a full refund. The call to the delivery office cost me £5. In the end I am the loser and RM have profit coming out of their ears. They get a free mouse and a spanking new £5 note for giggles. I really don't have much hope on their investigations.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1