26 Sep 2020, 17:08
I have recently encoutnered an issue with my parcel. To put it simply, the mail tracking service says that my items as been delivered and signed for by "C19". I then went down to reception to check if my package arrived and the receptionist has said that nothing for me has arrived, nor did he ever recall signing anything. I checked through the website in case there is something I missed and the only thing I can think of is that Royal Mail 1st Class have been known to scan items "twice" one for when it's recieved and another for when it's delivered. However, the tracker is claiming that the delivery is complete and so does eBay where I purchased the item from and I am also unsure waht it means when it gets "scanned" as in, does it get two signatures or something similar? I am feeling confused right now and if anyone has had a similar experience or knows the term "C19" on the signature, please let me know and it would be highly appreciated.
26 Sep 2020, 17:42
1. No one signs for Royal mail deliveries because of the Covid situation. The postman gets the persons surname that accepts it, enters this name in the PDA and then enters by hand the local code for Covid delivery.
2. C19 is probably the local code for a Covid delivery - XP1, CV19 are others.
3. It may be worth calling customer services when they are open they can see from their screen where it was scanned.
4. Only 1 signature is required in normal times.
5. You have hit a gap. 1st class signed for is not a tracked service for Royal Mail but for some reason EBay accepts it as such.