ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Is my package lost???

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
lily55

Is my package lost???

Post by lily55 »

Hello everyone :Very Happy
I'm wondering if someone can help me ?
The 29th June2020 I posted a small important package to my daughter in Greece. Seeing the importance of the package, I paid for tracking and signature upon arrival.
I have checked with the tracking number on a daily basis and all I can see is : "At 03:02am 30th June 2020 Item Leaving the UK LANGLEY HWDC" and absolutely nothing since. There are no updates, nothing !! The recipient has still not received it.
I have tried to locate the package in Greece and other countries but the tracking number is a UK Royal Mail number which is not recognized abroad.
What's the use of paying the expenses of tracking when the tracking is useless!
Is there any way to locate the package ?
Thank you all for your kind help.

Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Is my package lost???

Post by Snaggletooth »

It sounds like it is stuck in Greek customs, which is the one stage where it is impossible to track items. Many countries have delays in customs at the moment, including the UK.

There are several other potential problems, one of which is that you have sent something which is not allowed in Greece. If you want to rule this out, you could tell us what the contents are.
lily55

Is my package lost???

Post by lily55 »

Good morning Snaggletooth,
Thank you for your response.
It's a small package containing my daughter's eye glasses. Not sunglasses!! But her eyesight glasses which she really needs.
Is there any way to trace them ?
She has tried on her side in Greece to trace them but they have told her that it's not possible because the tracking is the UK one [ RN623886721GB ].
Thank you Snaggletooth for your kind help.
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Is my package lost???

Post by Snaggletooth »

Glasses should not cause a problem.

With regards the tracking, what service did you use? It should be printed on the receipt from the Post Office.
lily55

Is my package lost???

Post by lily55 »

I used this link :
https://www3.royalmail.com/track-your-item#/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Is my package lost???

Post by Snaggletooth »

I actually meant is it International Tracked, International Tracked & Signed, or something else?
lily55 wrote:She has tried on her side in Greece to trace them but they have told her that it's not possible because the tracking is the UK one
Items sent priority mail from the UK often travel with private couriers at the other end when sent to other European countries, so the national postal operator won't necessarily be able to help.
lily55 wrote:Is there any way to trace them ?
The tracking is working on the Royal Mail site. It was last seen on Saturday, and it appears to have cleared customs.
Updated on: Saturday 01 August
02:30pm
Item Received
Greece

Tuesday 30 June
03:02am
Item Leaving the UK
LANGLEY HWDC

Tuesday 30 June
12:47am
Item Received by Royal Mail
LANGLEY HWDC
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Is my package lost???

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Try the tracking number at : https://gls-group.eu/EU/en/parcel-tracking" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They might be handling it in Greece.

A good tracking site to use with items that are either going abroad or coming from abroad is: https://www.17track.net/en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;