ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

ITEM STUCK AT LONDON AMU

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
ferdi88

ITEM STUCK AT LONDON AMU

Post by ferdi88 »

Hi everyone!

I'm expecting a watch from a friend in the UK to Sweden. My parcel info is stuck on the following:

2020-07-28 12:09
LONDON AMU, Item Leaving the UK

2020-07-28 05:46
LANGLEY HWDC, Item Leaving the UK

2020-07-28 00:17
LANGLEY HWDC, Item Received by Royal Mail

2020-07-27 18:34
Dorset MC, Item Despatched to Heathrow Worldwide DC

2020-07-27 18:10
Dorset MC, Item received at

2020-07-27 16:20
Sender preparing item

What is London AMU? My local tracking still says that the parcel is in the UK.

Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

ITEM STUCK AT LONDON AMU

Post by Snaggletooth »

AMU = Address Management Unit. They seem to deal with some outbound international mail, possibly when HWDC are busy.

According to the tracking you supplied, this item is no longer in the UK. However, the last location it was tracked was in the UK (important difference).

This doesn’t seem to be stuck: it was put on the plane yesterday. In fact, it seems to be making very good progress considering that there is a Covid-related reduction in the number of flights, and that watches are often held-up for extra checks before being put on the plane.
ferdi88

ITEM STUCK AT LONDON AMU

Post by ferdi88 »

Thank you for your imput!
ZENABID85

Re: ITEM STUCK AT LONDON AMU

Post by ZENABID85 »

Hi All,
I am waiting for a parcel from Bristol MC UK to Delhi, INDIA

Doc. no. RV921835362GB

20/11/2020 10:34:00 United Kingdom LONDON AMU Item Bagged
19/11/2020 06:18:00 United Kingdom LANGLEY HWDC Item Bagged
18/11/2020 19:58:00 United Kingdom Bristol MC Item Booked

from 20/11/2020 it is stuck at LONDON AMU and thereafter there is no status can anyone tell me about the status of that.

Thanks

Zainul Abdin
Mail ID : zenabid85@gmail.com
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
Khan007

Post by Khan007 »

Hi

I posted a letter to India via Royal mail and the status is showing as Item is bagged. It has been nearly 3 weeks and the letter has not reached the recipient yet. How do I track it?

Thanks
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Khan007 wrote:
29 Dec 2021, 15:45
Hi

I posted a letter to India via Royal mail and the status is showing as Item is bagged. It has been nearly 3 weeks and the letter has not reached the recipient yet. How do I track it?

Thanks
you can't track it to know its current location, only where it was last scanned. As you sent it around the 8 Dec (3 weeks ago) that was the last posting date for Christmas it has probably been delayed in Customs. If India Post scan UK item it will show up in tracking when they scan it. Otherwise it may never be scanned.
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Khan007 wrote:
29 Dec 2021, 15:45
Hi

Thanks
What's the tracking number?
Edytao

Re: ITEM STUCK AT LONDON AMU from 30th November, important documents with all my personak details!!

Post by Edytao »

From the 2nd december status od my parcel didn't change.
I send a letter with cery important documents inside where are all my personal details and my family. It's ridiculous!
I called Royal Maila again today and they said that probably it's list and I can make a claim. So eaht? I will get let say 20pounds refund for a letter with documents which codted me 350pounds and it is no responsibility for that? Nothing?
I can't believe what a mess... What I can do?!
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Re: ITEM STUCK AT LONDON AMU from 30th November, important documents with all my personak details!!

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Edytao wrote:
04 Jan 2022, 18:33
From the 2nd december status od my parcel didn't change.
I send a letter with cery important documents inside where are all my personal details and my family. It's ridiculous!
I called Royal Maila again today and they said that probably it's list and I can make a claim. So eaht? I will get let say 20pounds refund for a letter with documents which codted me 350pounds and it is no responsibility for that? Nothing?
I can't believe what a mess... What I can do?!
What's the tracking number?
Edytao

Post by Edytao »

RN814081292GB
Edytao

Post by Edytao »

Please if it's possible to find out what happened because in other case I have to book a flight to Poland next week...
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Edytao wrote:
05 Jan 2022, 09:21
Please if it's possible to find out what happened because in other case I have to book a flight to Poland next week...
Unfortunately not we are not an official site we can only give advice based on our own understanding of the system.

But Poland is reporting delays so it may be with them, or customs, but they have not yet scanned it https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... t-bulletin
Start date: 19 March 2020
Latest Update: 3 Dec 2021
End date: Ongoing
Incident: Coronavirus

Original Incident
Polish Post has updated that the situation has not improved with service quality as restrictions remains for operations and delivery staff. The processing and delivery of all mail types continue to be affected and the Post is unable to guarantee meeting delivery standards.
kattrin

Post by kattrin »

Hi,

I'm wondering if your documents have reached Poland in the end? If not, did you receive any compensation? I'm facing a similar issue with a v important document that left London AMU but hasn't made any progress through the network yet (also sent to PL).
magister

Post by magister »

kattrin wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 20:56
Hi,

I'm wondering if your documents have reached Poland in the end? If not, did you receive any compensation? I'm facing a similar issue with a v important document that left London AMU but hasn't made any progress through the network yet (also sent to PL).
Hi,

same problem here with letter to Poland. Sent out 05.01 and from 07.01 stuck at London AMU. Two weeks no movement at all.