ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Fake post-office apps are trying to steal your money - avoid these now

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR

Fake post-office apps are trying to steal your money - avoid these now

Post by POSTMAN »

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/fakespy- ... pp-malware" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Security researchers have discovered a new strain of malware that masquerades as postal services from multiple countries.

According to information-security firm Cybereason, a new campaign involving FakeSpy -- an Android information-stealer that previously attacked victims in South Korea and Japan -- is now targeting users in the US, UK, Germany, France, China, Taiwan and Switzerland.

In its new campaign, FakeSpy victims receive a message claiming to be from a local postal service. However, the content of the message is fake and includes a malicious link.

The text messages purport to be from legitimate postal services such the U.S. Postal Service, the Royal Mail (UK), Deutsche Post (Germany), La Poste (France), Japan Post (Tokyo), Yamato Transport (Japan), Chunghwa Post (Taiwan) and Swiss Post (Switzerland).

Once users click on the link in the text message, they’re taken to what looks like a convincing website of a postal provider. Here, they’re asked to install an Android app from this company, but it’s actually the FakeSpy APK.

Read more at the link above.
I Wrote
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.

Celgar

Re: Fake post-office apps are trying to steal your money - avoid these now

Post by Celgar »

A lot more instances of this being reported to us posties by 'recipients' in recent times
Royal never charge you for asking to have an item redelivered after a P739 docket has been left at your address. If you are ever asked for a charge to redeliver your mail this is a scam and you should not answer & delete the email.
We deliver grey cards to your address if you have an item of mail with either insufficient postage charges or customs charges required to be paid before delivery.
We deliver red cards if an item of mail needs to be collected due to an unsuccessful delivery attempt. You can also contact us if this happens and arrange redelivery on a day of your own choice.
Royal Mail will never phone or email you about the above issues. If you receive communication other than paper cards it will not be from Royal Mail and you should disregard it.
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.