ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

A post of hope & reassurance

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
xenomorph

Post by xenomorph »

Grateful wrote:
xenomorph wrote:Was yours stuck on "Item has left our International Processing Centre" on the RM tracker?
Or was it "Item Received" at Langley?

Item left sounds like it has cleared customs so from that point on it should not take long to get to delivery office right?

Hi, my understanding is that when it shows it has left the international processing centre it has cleared customs.

For both of my original packages they showed as being received at Langley and leaving the international processing centre on the same day.

As you can see, one of my original packages took 3 days from leaving the international processing centre to arriving at my local delivery office but that may fluctuate from time to time and even area to area due to the pandemic.

I hope your package arrives with you soon, I'm sure it will :thumbup
Yes that what I think but someone on my thread said that means it has reached customs not left it.
Which makes no sense.
Mine left customs Tuesday and no updates. My local delivery office is only hour away from HWDC.

Grateful

Post by Grateful »

xenomorph wrote:
Grateful wrote:
xenomorph wrote:Was yours stuck on "Item has left our International Processing Centre" on the RM tracker?
Or was it "Item Received" at Langley?

Item left sounds like it has cleared customs so from that point on it should not take long to get to delivery office right?

Hi, my understanding is that when it shows it has left the international processing centre it has cleared customs.

For both of my original packages they showed as being received at Langley and leaving the international processing centre on the same day.

As you can see, one of my original packages took 3 days from leaving the international processing centre to arriving at my local delivery office but that may fluctuate from time to time and even area to area due to the pandemic.

I hope your package arrives with you soon, I'm sure it will :thumbup
Yes that what I think but someone on my thread said that means it has reached customs not left it.
Which makes no sense.
Mine left customs Tuesday and no updates. My local delivery office is only hour away from HWDC.

I'd have to bow to their superior knowledge of what the updates mean.

I'm sure yours is being held up somewhere but will eventually wriggle its way free and get delivered.
Grateful

Post by Grateful »

Grateful wrote:So, I recently posted about a package sent to me from Indiana...
Grateful wrote:...My second package was posted in the Indiana area on 13th May and took 5 days to reach the infamous Chicago IL International Distribution Center (Google it!) on 18th May.

It took a further 3 days to arrive at O'Hare International airport, Chicago on 21st May and did not depart to the UK until a further 4 days later on 25th May.

In all, that stage of the process took 12 days.

It then departed a transfer airport at Heathrow on 26th May and was processed through a facility in the UK on 29th May. No further updates were made on the USPS tracking system, which again is unusual.

At the same time, Royal Mail Track & Trace had my package leaving the USA on 19th May (6 days before the USPS system said so) and being received at Langley HWDC on the morning of 29th May, a gap of 10 days without an update on the Royal Mail system. It then showed as leaving the processing centre on the morning of 29th May (in line with what the USPS tracking system said) and arriving at my local delivery office on the morning of 1st June (exactly the same time as my 1st package above).

Again, due to the Coronavirus, you need to pay online, which I did, and the package was also delivered today, 3rd June. Unlike the above package, there has been no final USPS update to confirm delivery.

So, for this package, according to USPS, it took 13 days to go from America to Heathrow and 8 days to go from Heathrow to my house...

I have recently had another package sent to me by the same seller.

This one was posted by them on 5th June and this time took 4 days (instead of 5) to reach the infamous Chicago IL International Distribution Center (Google it!) on 9th June.

It only took 1 day to arrive at O'Hare International airport, Chicago on 10th June (compared to 3 days last time) and departed to the UK just 1 day later on 11th June (compared to 4 days later last time).

In all, this stage of the process took 6 days compared to 12 days last time.

It then departed a transfer airport at Heathrow on 12th June, so let's see how long this package takes to clear customs and get delivered to me (last time it was 8 days).

Just had an update to say my package has been "processed through a facility".
Last edited by Grateful on 16 Jun 2020, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.
xenomorph

Post by xenomorph »

Grateful wrote:
Grateful wrote:...My second package wa posted in the Indiana area on 13th May and took 5 days to reach the infamous Chicago IL International Distribution Center (Google it!) on 18th May.

It took a further 3 days to arrive at O'Hare International airport, Chicago on 21st May and did not depart to the UK until a further 4 days later on 25th May.

It then departed a transfer airport at Heathrow on 26th May and was processed through a facility in the UK on 29th May. No further updates were made on the USPS tracking system, which again is unusual.

At the same time, Royal Mail Track & Trace had my package leaving the USA on 19th May (6 days before the USPS system said so) and being received at Langley HWDC on the morning of 29th May, a gap of 10 days without an update on the Royal Mail system. It then showed as leaving the processing centre on the morning of 29th May (in line with what the USPS tracking system said) and arriving at my local delivery office on the morning of 1st June (exactly the same time as my 1st package above).

Again, due to the Coronavirus, you need to pay online, which I did, and the package was also delivered today, 3rd June. Unlike the above package, there has been no final USPS update to confirm delivery.

So, for this package, according to USPS, it took 13 days to go from America to Heathrow and 8 days to go from Heathrow to my house...

This one was posted by them on 5th June and this time took 4 days (instead of 5) to reach the infamous Chicago IL International Distribution Center (Google it!) on 9th June.

It only took 1 day to arrive at O'Hare International airport, Chicago on 10th June (compared to 3 days last time) and departed to the UK just 1 day later on 11th June (compared to 4 days later last time).

It then departed a transfer airport at Heathrow on 12th June, so let's see how long this package takes to clear customs and get delivered to me (last time it was 8 days).

Yeah that means same as "Item has left our International Processing Centre" on RM tracker.
Thats where mine is stuck still. :(
Grateful

Post by Grateful »

Grateful wrote:
Grateful wrote:...My second package was posted in the Indiana area on 13th May and took 5 days to reach the infamous Chicago IL International Distribution Center (Google it!) on 18th May.

Just had a further update confirming that my item was processed through a facility in COVENTRY TRANSIT PARCELFORCE, UNITED KINGDOM.
Last edited by Grateful on 16 Jun 2020, 12:11, edited 1 time in total.
Grateful

Post by Grateful »

Grateful wrote:
Grateful wrote:

Just had a further update confirming that my item was processed through a facility in COVENTRY TRANSIT PARCELFORCE, UNITED KINGDOM.

Two further updates overnight...

"Your item has arrived at the delivering post office in UNITED KINGDOM"

"Your item is out for delivery at 7:00 am on June 16, 2020 in UNITED KINGDOM"
clashcityrocker

Post by clashcityrocker »

Spare a thought for someone I spoke to today who a year after ordering something from the US and believing the item was lost, he received an email telling him the item was now leaving customs.
A year.
Hope springs eternal.
Why not phone up Robin Hood
Grateful

Post by Grateful »

clashcityrocker wrote:Spare a thought for someone I spoke to today who a year after ordering something from the US and believing the item was lost, he received an email telling him the item was now leaving customs.
A year.
Hope springs eternal.

Wow, a year! :crazy:

Mind you, if it's a true scan and the package really is on the move, it does show that there's always hope. :pray

Grateful wrote:
Grateful wrote:
Grateful wrote:

Two further updates overnight...

"Your item has arrived at the delivering post office in UNITED KINGDOM"

"Your item is out for delivery at 7:00 am on June 16, 2020 in UNITED KINGDOM"

The package was delivered to me today at lunchtime.

So, two separate packages posted a month apart containing the same products (there was an error in the number posted in the first package), posted by the same supplier from the same location.

The first package took 21 days door to door, the second package took 11 days door to door.

No rhyme or reason why that should be apart from the problems being caused by the pandemic.

To use a phrase that seems all the more relevant given current events, keep the faith! :thumbup
smarty

Post by smarty »

In the same situation here with a parcel sent from the USA on 21st May. The tracking info has been saying the same 'departed transfer airport in Heathrow' for the last 10 days but nothing since.
But from reading posts on this forum, with others in the same situation it does reassure me somewhat that it still will arrive at some point.
Im sure all at the Royal Mail are doing the best they can under the current circumstances. :Very Happy
Joling111

Post by Joling111 »

Hi all, I’m new on this and this is my first time receiving a package from the US so I was hoping anyone could help me please. A friend of mine sent some treats (twinkies, pop tarts) just a couple boxes of them stuff it was sent priority express with USPS and they have been VERY slow with delivering my parcel so far it took 9 days to reach LA airport and depart and after that I’ve had no update to say it’s landed at Heathrow and now I’m thinking that maybe it’s lost? Any help would be greatly appreciated and if any more details are needed please jjst let me know, thanks in advance for any information anyone can give me! Also I know it is Parcelforce who deliver it when it does finally come to the U.K. but I was still just hopeful anyone can help
This is the tracking updates,
Tracking History

June 28, 2020
8:47 am
Departed,
LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES

June 26, 2020
2:49 am
Arrived,

June 20, 2020
10:08 pm
Processed Through Regional Facility,
LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

June 20, 2020
10:07 pm
Arrived at Regional Facility,

June 20, 2020
6:16 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility,

June 20, 2020
Inbound Out of Customs,

June 20, 2020
6:15 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility,

June 19, 2020
12:49 pm
VAN NUYS CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

June 19, 2020
11:39 am
USPS in possession of item,
GLENDALE, CA 91205
smarty

Post by smarty »

Not much time has passed since your item was posted so I would be waiting a while longer before worrying. Between leaving the US and arriving in the UK mine took 8 days going by the tracking info.

Mine on the other hand hwas posted in the USA on 21st May, it has now supposedly been sitting at Heathrow since the 14th June with no more updates. Whats worse I have since ordered 2 other items from the USA (only 10 days ago) and have receieved them both already using the same service. Im going to have to try contacting them to see whats going on. :sad:
Joling111 wrote:Hi all, I’m new on this and this is my first time receiving a package from the US so I was hoping anyone could help me please. A friend of mine sent some treats (twinkies, pop tarts) just a couple boxes of them stuff it was sent priority express with USPS and they have been VERY slow with delivering my parcel so far it took 9 days to reach LA airport and depart and after that I’ve had no update to say it’s landed at Heathrow and now I’m thinking that maybe it’s lost? Any help would be greatly appreciated and if any more details are needed please jjst let me know, thanks in advance for any information anyone can give me! Also I know it is Parcelforce who deliver it when it does finally come to the U.K. but I was still just hopeful anyone can help
Tracking History

June 28, 2020
Departed,

June 26, 2020
Arrived,

June 20, 2020

June 20, 2020

June 20, 2020

June 20, 2020
Inbound Out of Customs,

June 20, 2020

June 19, 2020

June 19, 2020
GLENDALE, CA 91205
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING

Post by SpacePhoenix »

It might be waiting for an internal flight between LA and Chicago as I believe all mail from USPS going out of the US goes via Chicago
Joling111

Post by Joling111 »

Thank you for both of your replys hopefully you receive yours soon smarty I guess I will just wait and see maybe it is just sat in a waiting bay not yet scanned in Heathrow so fingers crossed they speed the process up a bit.
Calfitz89

Post by Calfitz89 »

smarty wrote:Not much time has passed since your item was posted so I would be waiting a while longer before worrying. Between leaving the US and arriving in the UK mine took 8 days going by the tracking info.

Mine on the other hand hwas posted in the USA on 21st May, it has now supposedly been sitting at Heathrow since the 14th June with no more updates. Whats worse I have since ordered 2 other items from the USA (only 10 days ago) and have receieved them both already using the same service. Im going to have to try contacting them to see whats going on. :sad:
Joling111 wrote:Hi all, I’m new on this and this is my first time receiving a package from the US so I was hoping anyone could help me please. A friend of mine sent some treats (twinkies, pop tarts) just a couple boxes of them stuff it was sent priority express with USPS and they have been VERY slow with delivering my parcel so far it took 9 days to reach LA airport and depart and after that I’ve had no update to say it’s landed at Heathrow and now I’m thinking that maybe it’s lost? Any help would be greatly appreciated and if any more details are needed please jjst let me know, thanks in advance for any information anyone can give me! Also I know it is Parcelforce who deliver it when it does finally come to the U.K. but I was still just hopeful anyone can help
Tracking History

June 28, 2020
Departed,

June 26, 2020
Arrived,

June 20, 2020

June 20, 2020

June 20, 2020

June 20, 2020
Inbound Out of Customs,

June 20, 2020

June 19, 2020

June 19, 2020
GLENDALE, CA 91205
I am in the same situation except my parcel has been there since May30th...the parcel was originally sent from USA on April17th...

Like you loads of others posted after have arrived since
Tomkat

Post by Tomkat »

Thanks for this post has helped me understand a little bit what's going on. I'm currently waiting for extremely expensive package from Poland gift for my unwell son in hospital. And I've had no update since it left Poland on the 1st of july. Meant to be 3 day delivery but after seeing this I think it's probably in customs waiting to be passed on