ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

A post of hope & reassurance

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
chrissywaters

Re: A post of hope & reassurance

Post by chrissywaters »

Hi,

Came to this site having experienced some delays in a package im expecting sent from US.

It was sent from US on 29th March via US POSTAL. UPS tracking says it was prcoessed through a facility on 5th April but no updates for last 12 days.

Royal Mail tracking last update is 30th March saying item is leaving US and more info will be updated when it arrives in UK.

I contacted UK Customs today and they say if item was being held in customs they would have contacted buyer looking for fees so don't believe delay is with them.

SO im confused as to how it could have arrived in UK 12 days ago and there be no update since???

But looking at this thread im thinking maybe this is not so unusual after all?? Does anyone have any recent examples of these kind of delays? I see some posts from mid 2020 duirng pandemic but wondered if these delays were still being experienced at all?

Grateful

Post by Grateful »

Hi, just thought I’d update my thread to say I’m having fun & games with 4 packages coming via USPS from various parts of the USA at the moment.

Package 1 was posted on 6/5/21 and arrived at San Francisco International Airport on 11/5/21.

I’ve had no updates since.

Package 2 was posted on 10/5/21 and arrived at Jamaica New York International Distribution Center on 15/5/21.

I’ve had 3 daily “In Transit” updates since.

Package 3 was posted on 13/5/21 and arrived at Gary, Indiana, Distribution Center on 14/5/21.

Package 4 was posted on 15/5/21 and was processed through Los Angeles International Distribution Center on 17/5/21.

I also have a 5th package which was posted on 18/5/21 but I’ve had no update to say it’s in the hands of USPS.

It seems that USPS are not currently scanning packages (mine at least). Watch this space!
NickRMCustomer

Post by NickRMCustomer »

Hey,

I know the frustraton of parcels seeming to disappear and sometimes think it was better before tracking, when you just waited for things to arrive.

I'm in a similar situation - see my post a few days back. I had a parcel come from the US at the end of April, it was at my door in 7 days (USPS/Royal Mail) like clockwork - the latest one is stuck on
Departed. Your item departed a transfer airport in HEATHROW, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM on May 12, 2021 at 8:37 am.
The item is currently in transit to the destination. (This is an item coming into the UK btw).

... but I think this means it's in the UK, probably piled up with the backlog (at least that's what I hope).

Parcels from the US are often sent using various couriers as well as USPS and RM - you might want to check the tracking here, as I often find about 4 companies will have been tracking it - you might get an idea where it is from another carrier?? Just a thought ...

https://parcelsapp.com/en
Grateful

Post by Grateful »

Hi Nick, thanks for the reply.

Yes I know it’s frustrating, it’s why I started my thread to show that eventually it usually sorts itself out.

As I’m now having fun with several packages at once, I thought I’d post up their progress as others may be going (or may go) through similar and it might help put their minds at rest 👍
Grateful

Post by Grateful »

Grateful wrote:
19 May 2021, 17:08
Hi, just thought I’d update my thread to say I’m having fun & games with 4 packages coming via USPS from various parts of the USA at the moment.

Package 1 was posted on 6/5/21 and arrived at San Francisco International Airport on 11/5/21.

Package 2 was posted on 10/5/21 and arrived at Jamaica New York International Distribution Center on 15/5/21.

Package 3 was posted on 13/5/21 and arrived at Gary, Indiana, Distribution Center on 14/5/21.

Package 4 was posted on 15/5/21 and was processed through Los Angeles International Distribution Center on 17/5/21.

I also have a 5th package which was posted on 18/5/21 but I’ve had no update to say it’s in the hands of USPS.

It seems that USPS are not currently scanning packages (mine at least). Watch this space!

UPDATE ON PACKAGE 2

I’ve just received two updates in quick succession.

The first was another “In Transit” (for the 4th day in a row).

The second was a... “Processed through a facility in the United Kingdom”!

I had no notification it either arrived or left an airport in America and no notification it had left a transfer airport at Heathrow (which I usually get). I usually get 2 “Processed through a facility in the United Kingdom” updates before delivery is then made, so one more to go (which usually follows the first quite quickly) then I will receive Package 2! Hurrah!, only 4 others to go! 😂

That said, this is the only package that has had regular tracking updates of some kind. The others just stopped updating completely.
Grateful

Post by Grateful »

Grateful wrote:

UPDATE ON PACKAGE 5

In addition to the update on Package 2 (in my previous post) I have, today, received an update on Package 5 stating my “ item has arrived at the USPS facility in SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER”.

I had no update stating USPS had picked up the package to start with.

Still nothing on Packages 1, 3 or 4.
NickRMCustomer

Post by NickRMCustomer »

@Grateful.

They are really are moving incredibly slowly through USPS.

I have just checked my very delayed one. According to USPS (and also Asendia now), it arrived in the UK on 12 May, but according to Royal Mail it is still "Leaving the originating country".

I probably follow the tracking patterns too closely, but I've never had a situation where the parcel hits at Heathrow, but there is absolutely no recognition of it in the Royal Mail system.

Does anyone have any ideas why I wouldn't see the usual "Received by Langley" tracking comment? Isn't this where the Customs checks take place?
Grateful

Post by Grateful »

Grateful wrote:
20 May 2021, 03:41
Grateful wrote:

UPDATE ON PACKAGE 2

I’ve just received two updates in quick succession.

The first was another “In Transit” (for the 4th day in a row).

The second was a... “Processed through a facility in the United Kingdom”!

I had no notification it either arrived or left an airport in America and no notification it had left a transfer airport at Heathrow (which I usually get). I usually get 2 “Processed through a facility in the United Kingdom” updates before delivery is then made, so one more to go (which usually follows the first quite quickly) then I will receive Package 2! Hurrah!, only 4 others to go! 😂

That said, this is the only package that has had regular tracking updates of some kind. The others just stopped updating completely.

Well, I never got another update but Package 2 was delivered today. It seems to me that neither USPS or Royal Mail are being as diligent with their scanning as they usually are.

Still no further updates on packages 1, 3, 4 or 5.
Grateful

Post by Grateful »

NickRMCustomer wrote:
21 May 2021, 20:04
@Grateful.

They are really are moving incredibly slowly through USPS.

I have just checked my very delayed one. According to USPS (and also Asendia now), it arrived in the UK on 12 May, but according to Royal Mail it is still "Leaving the originating country".

I probably follow the tracking patterns too closely, but I've never had a situation where the parcel hits at Heathrow, but there is absolutely no recognition of it in the Royal Mail system.

Does anyone have any ideas why I wouldn't see the usual "Received by Langley" tracking comment? Isn't this where the Customs checks take place?
Hi Nick, as my post above showed, I never got the “Heathrow” update either. First time for me too. Neither USPS or Royal Mail seem to be scanning like they usually do.
fitzsy

Post by fitzsy »

Hi,

I think I'm in the same situation as you. Does this look familiar?

Tracking via USPS website:

May 15, 2021, 6:42 am
Arrived
SAN FRANCISCO, UNITED STATES
Your item arrived at an origin transfer airport in INTERNATIONAL, SAN FRANCISCO, UNITED STATES on May 15, 2021 at 6:42 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
May 14, 2021, 4:12 pm
Processed Through Regional Facility
SAN FRANCISCO CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Arrived at Regional Facility
May 14, 2021, 10:49 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
May 13, 2021, 3:28 pm
USPS in possession of item
PITTSBURG, CA 94565

Tracking via Parcel Force:

Date Time Location Tracking event
14/5/2021 16:12
Delivery Agent - SAN FRANCISCO…+Delivery Agent - SAN FRANCISCO
Prepared for despatch to the UKView an extended tracking event description
Despatched to the UK
13/5/2021 15:28
Delivery Agent - UNITED STATES AMERICA…+Delivery Agent - UNITED STATES AMERICA
Collected

No update for 8 days since "May 15, 2021, 6:42 am
Arrived
Your item arrived at an origin transfer airport in INTERNATIONAL, SAN FRANCISCO, UNITED STATES on May 15, 2021 at 6:42 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

:no no
Grateful

Post by Grateful »

fitzsy wrote:
23 May 2021, 23:52
Hi,

Arrived
Your item arrived at an origin transfer airport in INTERNATIONAL, SAN FRANCISCO, UNITED STATES on May 15, 2021 at 6:42 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
PITTSBURG, CA 94565

Despatched to the UK
Collected

Arrived
Your item arrived at an origin transfer airport in INTERNATIONAL, SAN FRANCISCO, UNITED STATES on May 15, 2021 at 6:42 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

Yes, that’s where I am with one of my packages.

Over the weekend I did some digging and found out some interesting and potentially relevant information.

I posted it in a separate thread here...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=100659&p=941841&sid ... ea#p941841

I hope that helps 👍
Ashleighlouwatts

Post by Ashleighlouwatts »

Hiya!

I am also having some issues. I paid for priorty international shipping from the USA to the UK. I will post the updates as below.

May 20, 2021, 8:10 pm
Departed
NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
Your item departed a transfer airport in JOHN F KENNEDY INTL, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES on May 20, 2021 at 8:10 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
May 20, 2021, 12:22 pm
Arrived
NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
May 18, 2021, 3:45 pm
CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
May 18, 2021, 3:42 pm
May 14, 2021, 8:13 pm
GRAND RAPIDS MI DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
May 14, 2021, 12:46 pm
SCHOOLCRAFT, MI 49087

So far, no updates. It's really frustrating when I have paid hundreds of pounds for delivery within 5/7 business days to receive absolutely no updates. Parcelforce are stating is not been "exported" from the USA yet according to the website so I have absolutely no idea where or what is going on with my parcel. Eughhhh. This is definitely going to stop me buying from the USA or especially using USPS and Parcelforce.
fitzsy

Post by fitzsy »

Grateful wrote:
24 May 2021, 05:33
fitzsy wrote:
Hi,

Arrived
PITTSBURG, CA 94565

Despatched to the UK
Collected

Arrived

Over the weekend I did some digging and found out some interesting and potentially relevant information.

I hope that helps 👍
Appreciate that.

The universal tracking portal says estimated date of arrival at post office is between today and 31 May.

What actions have you taken to allocate your parcel?

Cheers!
Grateful

Post by Grateful »

fitzsy wrote:
24 May 2021, 13:00
Grateful wrote:
24 May 2021, 05:33
fitzsy wrote:
Hi,

Arrived
PITTSBURG, CA 94565

Despatched to the UK
Collected

Arrived

I hope that helps 👍
Appreciate that.

The universal tracking portal says estimated date of arrival at post office is between today and 31 May.

What actions have you taken to allocate your parcel?

Cheers!

Package 1 of mine is the one that was similar to yours. Until today, the last update I had was that it had arrived at San Francisco Airport on 11th May. Today I had 2 “processed through a facility in the United Kingdom” updates which means I’ll probably get it tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

I had no “Heathrow” update again, very odd and it took 13 days between updates!
Grateful

Post by Grateful »

Ashleighlouwatts wrote:
24 May 2021, 11:28
Hiya!

I am also having some issues. I paid for priorty international shipping from the USA to the UK. I will post the updates as below.

May 20, 2021, 8:10 pm
Departed
NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
Your item departed a transfer airport in JOHN F KENNEDY INTL, NEW YORK, UNITED STATES on May 20, 2021 at 8:10 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
May 20, 2021, 12:22 pm
Arrived
NEW YORK, UNITED STATES
May 18, 2021, 3:45 pm
May 14, 2021, 8:13 pm
GRAND RAPIDS MI DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
May 14, 2021, 12:46 pm
SCHOOLCRAFT, MI 49087

So far, no updates. It's really frustrating when I have paid hundreds of pounds for delivery within 5/7 business days to receive absolutely no updates. Parcelforce are stating is not been "exported" from the USA yet according to the website so I have absolutely no idea where or what is going on with my parcel. Eughhhh. This is definitely going to stop me buying from the USA or especially using USPS and Parcelforce.

I wouldn’t bother with priority shipping, in my experience it doesn’t arrive much quicker, if at all quicker, than First Class Package International. Priority packages are also usually handled by Parcelforce who may well charge you further fees.

In addition, Chicago is usually a nightmare for packages to get through, they are usually really slow and often updates disappear. For it to get through Chicago in 4 days is a result!

Overall it has been 10 days so far for your package, on average mine take between 14-16 days so I wouldn’t worry about it not arriving. I haven’t lost a package yet in 3 years and I buy from all over America regularly.

It appears that they are not being scanned out of America or into Heathrow at present. They normally are but my last 3 packages haven’t been and I don’t know why.

As a result it could well be in the UK and the next update you get will be “Processed through a facility in the UK”. As it’s priority, it will be handled by Parcelforce so will go to their depot before being delivered to you. As I mentioned earlier, there may be further fees to pay before delivery occurs, there may not.

I wouldn’t be worried at all looking at your updates, but as I say I don’t think priority is worth it.

Hope this helps 👍