ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

A post of hope & reassurance

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
gaffzilla

Re: A post of hope & reassurance

Post by gaffzilla »

I don’t want to complain, I just want my package. I’m not asking because I think RM are a shower of bar stewards, I don’t. I just want to know what’s going on. If there’s a huge backlog - fine - tell me. I’ll wait. And don’t be surprised if I say I don’t have time to look through all the other threads, if the info is elsewhere I’ve not seen it.

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

gaffzilla wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 22:27
I don’t want to complain, I just want my package. I’m not asking because I think RM are a shower of bar stewards, I don’t. I just want to know what’s going on. If there’s a huge backlog - fine - tell me. I’ll wait. And don’t be surprised if I say I don’t have time to look through all the other threads, if the info is elsewhere I’ve not seen it.
Therein lies the problem, we are not an official Royal Mail site so we cannot answer for them we can only give you an insight into the operation. That naturally means we can only give local pictures and get a general feel for the posts customers make.

We suggest looking at other threads because everyone who posts in here do so after doing a full day of work and they do so on a voluntary basis. As I suggested before we have been getting reports, especially from a customer called "Business15" that the scans by USPS have been unreliable, inaccurate and incomplete. If you are looking for a definitive answer then I am afraid you are best doing so through official channels.

As it says on every page of the site: For the Posties by the Posties with no recognition or support from Royal Mail
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
gaffzilla

Post by gaffzilla »

You see that’s where I get confused. USPS seems to have done its job. The last time they scanned it was when it came off the plane on the 15th April 2021, then - nothing. So now RM is still waiting for it and doesn’t even know it’s in the U.K. while it’s actually probably in the same building at Langley? How do they even have room to store a 7/8 week backlog? Anyway, all I can do is wait and wonder 😊

LZ994454400US where are you?
gaffzilla

Post by gaffzilla »

This appears to be a very comprehensive history of what happened to it before it went awol. It takes about 90 seconds to load. The package contains a prototype replica of a 17th century candle lantern which I was sent for evaluation.

https://www.packages24.com/track?number=LZ994454400US
gaffzilla

Post by gaffzilla »

IT'S 60 DAYS TODAY SINCE MY PACKAGE FROM THE USA CAME OF THE PLANE AT HEATHROW AND DISAPPEARED INTO THE UNKNOWN.

Is this a record? Where's Norris McWirter when you need him? :Very Happy :dance :nana
Grateful

Post by Grateful »

Haven’t been on in a while but thought people might take some comfort (I say some because I still haven’t received the package yet) from the following.

A package was posted to me from America on 8th June from Missouri.

By 10th June (2days) it had arrived at the “renowned” Chicago International Distribution Center.

For the next 4 days (11th, 12th, 13th & 14th) I received the generic “ In Transit to Next Facility” update.

The package then went off the radar for 18 days when it resurfaced at San Francisco International Distribution Center (completely the wrong direction!) on 2nd July.

It then went on to reach San Francisco International Airport on 3rd July (1 day later).

It then disappeared again for 16 days when it resurfaced on 19th July with the update “ Your item departed a transfer airport in HEATHROW, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM ”.

The following day (20th July) I got the update “ Your item was processed through a facility in UNITED KINGDOM” and the Royal Mail tracking system confirms “ Item Received, LANGLEY HWDC, United Kingdom”.

3 days later I’ve had no further updates and usually, once it has been received in Langley, it usually flies through the next stage which is “ Item has left our International Processing Centre” within a few hours and is then generally delivered the next day.

So to summarise it’s been in transit to me so far for 45 days and for 37 of them have been off the radar (no updates), but it has made it to the UK.

My questions are the following

Is Langley before or after customs? Can we get a definitive answer?

What might the hold up be in Langley? A friend of mine had a package arrive in Langley 2 hours after mine on 20th from Australia and his package was delivered to him yesterday.

Can Langley be contacted at all?

The package contains a metal keyring tool, nothing sinister.

Thanks in advance 👍
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

Grateful wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 19:00
Customs is inside Langley.
Item Received, LANGLEY HWDC, United Kingdom
This tracking point indicates that it has passed from the customs side to the Royal Mail side at Langley.
Grateful wrote:
Several people have claimed on here to have spoken to Langley on the phone, but whenever we ask for them to post the number they used, we never get a reply.
Grateful

Post by Grateful »

Snaggletooth wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 20:53
Grateful wrote:
Customs is inside Langley.
Item Received, LANGLEY HWDC, United Kingdom
This tracking point indicates that it has passed from the customs side to the Royal Mail side at Langley.
Grateful wrote:
Several people have claimed on here to have spoken to Langley on the phone, but whenever we ask for them to post the number they used, we never get a reply.

Thanks for the reply.

Given that it has cleared customs, can you give any insight at all as to why it hasn’t continued its journey like all the other packages I’ve received?

Edit:

For instance, this morning (24th July) I’ve had 2 Packages delivered, one via Miami and the other via New York. Both arrived in Langley after the package I’m chasing, yet both went through the system in the usual way?
Snaggletooth
EX POST OFFICE

Post by Snaggletooth »

It could be all sorts of things. In particular, it could be random Covid-related problems (e.g. Artic drivers getting pinged).
Grateful

Post by Grateful »

My package finally got delivered!

50 (count them) 50 days from posting to delivery.

This is the longest I’ve had to wait for a package to be delivered to me after posting from America.

To summarise:

A package was posted to me from America on 8th June from Missouri.

By 10th June (2days) it had arrived at the “renowned” Chicago International Distribution Center.

For the next 4 days (11th, 12th, 13th & 14th) I received the generic “ In Transit to Next Facility” update.

The package then went off the radar for 18 days when it resurfaced at San Francisco International Distribution Center (completely the wrong direction!) on 2nd July.

It then went on to reach San Francisco International Airport on 3rd July (1 day later).

It then disappeared again for 16 days when it resurfaced on 19th July with the update “ Your item departed a transfer airport in HEATHROW, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM ”.

The following day (20th July) I got the update “ Your item was processed through a facility in UNITED KINGDOM” and the Royal Mail tracking system confirms “ Item Received, LANGLEY HWDC, United Kingdom”.

I then heard nothing until 7 days later (27th July) when I got a further “ Your item was processed through a facility in UNITED KINGDOM” update.

The following day (Today 28th July) the Royal Mail tracking system confirmed it had arrived at my local delivery office and there was a customs fee to pay.

I waited for the card to be delivered outlining the customs fee, drove to the delivery office, paid and received my package 😁

So, all in it was 50 days from posting to delivery with lots of “disappearances” along the way but it got here. I must confess this is the first package I thought was lost after the long absences in America but it all turned out fine in the end.