not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Is my signed for package lost forever?

07 Apr 2020, 10:43

I won a great item on Ebay but it is seemingly lost. It was posted second class signed for on the 18th March and a tracking number was provided.

Now I know the seller can possibly claim back the money and refund me and have suggested he fill in the claims form, but I would really love the item!

I have attempted to request a redelivery despite no signs that an attempt has been made, in the hopes it was sitting around at my local delivery office.

Does anyone Have any advice? it was posted from St Giles Post Office OX2 6HA and I suppose should have arrived at the Queen Elizabeth delivery office SL4 1AA and sent to me a few days later. But for the last 20 days, it just says ' More information will be available once delivery has been attempted.'

I would love to hear any suggestions or theories on what could have happened. This item is something I have been trying to buy for a year! Kind regards.

07 Apr 2020, 15:24

Apparently, the post office registered the postcode wrong as the seller just checked the receipt. It should have said SL4 2EQ but instead said SI4 2EQ (which doesn't exist)...the seller says he has emailed royal mail. Anyone got advice?

07 Apr 2020, 15:30

alexd123 wrote:Apparently, the post office registered the postcode wrong as the seller just checked the receipt. It should have said SL4 2EQ but instead said SI4 2EQ (which doesn't exist)...the seller says he has emailed royal mail. Anyone got advice?

As long as the actual parcel has the correct address and postcode, the receipt being wrong will create no issues on the delivery side.

Although its a long gap there is still a chance its caught up in a backlog somewhere. Parcels are above Christmas levels at the moment. If they do send a replacement then I would accept the first one that arrives and refuse the 2nd or subsequent ones. They will then go back to the sender. The sender should claim from Royal Mail.

07 Apr 2020, 16:43

Postie with my customer head on.

I posted a small packet on 24 March, just over 150g weight and smaller than A4, by first class. I put it straight into the system in the office, not via a post box. It arrived today, 07 April. I had given up on it, but knowing what things are like at our office and reading about other places, I am pleased it got there. Just posting this to illustrate that there are big delays at random places.

07 Apr 2020, 19:25

alexd123 wrote:Now I know the seller can possibly claim back the money and refund me and have suggested he fill in the claims form, but I would really love the item!

Distance selling rules apply, so you can claim from the seller regardless of whether he puts a claim in or not. I realise that you would rather have the item, but that is your fall back. You might want to check eBay's terms & conditions in case there is a maximum time for making a claim.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1