not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

No mail delivery for a week

05 Apr 2020, 16:27

I was hoping you all might be able to give me some advice/point me in the right direction for help here, as I've spoken with RoyalMailHelp on Twitter to no avail - was given generic advice on delayed deliveries that didn't fully answer my question!

I live in a mixed-use complex of buildings - probably 60% of the units are used as office space and the rest as private residences. It's gated and when the businesses aren't open (so normally on nights and weekends), the gate is locked, though residents can open it when buzzed from the intercom beside the gate. I assume because the gate is locked and because it would be easy to mistake the complex as being solely businesses, we never have mail delivered on Saturdays (or at least we've never had a Saturday delivery for the two years I've lived here). Normally this isn't a problem, but now because all of the offices in the complex are shut, the gate has been locked for the past week and we've had no mail deliveries. I've had several parcels (two containing medicine that I'm going to need imminently) held at my local depot, stating that they're 'ready for delivery' for a week now and am unsure who to contact about this and whether the issue can be fixed. I understand that posties are under a lot of stress right now and am happy to wait through any service delays, I'm just a bit concerned that I won't be able to receive any mail at all for the foreseeable future.

As I said, I spoke with the Royal Mail Help account on Twitter and they mentioned that deliveries are delayed at the moment, but didn't answer my question about the lack of deliveries - is there anywhere else I can go for help? Thanks in advance for any advice!

05 Apr 2020, 17:59

It's hardly a Royal Mail problem if the gate is locked. Contact the building owner, or landlord maybe?

Do you have a concierge?

Find out who locks the gate and why, when people need to get in.

05 Apr 2020, 18:02

Don't know if this will just give a generic phone number but it might be worth looking up the delivery office that covers where you live and trying the phone number it gives.
https://www.royalmail.com/services-near-you#/

05 Apr 2020, 18:30

NewPostieUK wrote:It's hardly a Royal Mail problem if the gate is locked. Contact the building owner, or landlord maybe?

If you read the post it says.

though residents can open it when buzzed from the intercom beside the gate

That means it's simply a secure entry residence and the mail should be delivered or attempted.

It might be if the gate is usually open the postie is unaware of the intercom

It sounds simplistic but I would try a clear sign on the gate with instructions to use the intercom.
Also a visit or phone call to your local delivery office if you can get a hold of their number.

05 Apr 2020, 23:00

Woody Guthrie wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:It's hardly a Royal Mail problem if the gate is locked. Contact the building owner, or landlord maybe?

If you read the post it says.

though residents can open it when buzzed from the intercom beside the gate

That means it's simply a secure entry residence and the mail should be delivered or attempted.

It might be if the gate is usually open the postie is unaware of the intercom

It sounds simplistic but I would try a clear sign on the gate with instructions to use the intercom.
Also a visit or phone call to your local delivery office if you can get a hold of their number.

Cheers - I'll put a sign out tomorrow and try ringing the delivery office!

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1