not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

PLease help - No-one at the PO has seen this error message

03 Apr 2020, 15:09

PRE ADVICE ITEM PASSED - RECEIVED WITH ERRORS

Can some assist me?.. I sent two Special Delivery (next day) packages both 5 hours apart from my local PO. On the same day (ie 3 days ago) The status on both (ie 3 days ago) was 'Item being prepared for delivery'.

When I went to my local sorting office (who were brilliant I have to add) they delved deeper and both of them had an error message that no-one had seen before "Pre Advice Item Passed. Received with errors"

This clearly happened at the local post office because ...the messages in sequence and also the time line of the messages make no sense at all, were as follows: 1) 10:18am Accepted at Post Office 2) 10:29 Pre Advice Item Passed.Received with errors 3) 10:29 Accepted at Post Office (again??)

Meanwhile no-one knows where my packages are nor understands the error messages.

Other than the fact that I probably need to make a claim does anyone understand any of this?

Thank you

Freddy

03 Apr 2020, 17:32

post office entered wrong address into system?

03 Apr 2020, 17:53

2yearpostie wrote:post office entered wrong address into system?

Er, how would the system know that? The address database has lots of gaps.

Given that another poster reported the same error message today, I would suggest that there is a fault with one or more of: RM’s tracking system, PO’s till system, or the software link between the two. If so, this shouldn’t affect delivery times.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1