not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Special Delivery help

03 Apr 2020, 12:45

Hi,

Cutting a long story short I'm waiting for a company to send me something in the post. They have told me they'll send it special delivery on the 9am Saturday service.

They've given me a tracking number beginning KM. Should special delivery start with S? Silly question perhaps but the last 3 things I've sent using Special delivery have done.

Also when I put the number into the website I get this message.... Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference KM........... . Please try again later

Does that mean it's not been paid?

How does it work if a company are sending special delivery - they're telling me it will be collected by Royal Mail later today.

A bit concerned as due to the coronavirus I dont think the usuall people are dealing with the post at this company.

Thanks

Special Delivery help

03 Apr 2020, 12:57

bolly17 wrote:Hi,

Cutting a long story short I'm waiting for a company to send me something in the post. They have told me they'll send it special delivery on the 9am Saturday service.

They've given me a tracking number beginning KM. Should special delivery start with S? Silly question perhaps but the last 3 things I've sent using Special delivery have done.

Also when I put the number into the website I get this message.... Sorry, we're currently unable to confirm the status of your item with reference KM........... . Please try again later

How does it work if a company are sending special delivery - they're telling me it will be collected by Royal Mail later today.

A bit concerned as due to the coronavirus I dont think the usuall people are dealing with the post at this company.

Thanks

From memory, K is a Special Delivery prefix.

If the item has not yet been scanned by Royal Mail it won't show on tracking yet. Unless they paid for it online or dropped it at a Post Office. Most businesses have an account where it won't show till its scanned and the invoice accepted.

Even though its a 9am delivery that guarantee has been changed to delivery by 1200.

Special Delivery help

03 Apr 2020, 13:08

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
bolly17 wrote:Hi,

Thanks

From memory, K is a Special Delivery prefix.

If the item has not yet been scanned by Royal Mail it won't show on tracking yet. Unless they paid for it online or dropped it at a Post Office. Most businesses have an account where it won't show till its scanned and the invoice accepted.

Even though its a 9am delivery that guarantee has been changed to delivery by 1200.

Thanks so much for your reply :) I'm a nervous person so always worry about everything unfortunately so you've helped put my mind at rest.
Usually if I buy special delivery online I have to take it to a post office. Is it normal for special delivery items to be picked up from companies? Are they scanned at the place they're taken to?

Special Delivery help

03 Apr 2020, 13:17

Yes, its common to accept special deliveries at businesses.

Special Deliveries should be scanned throughout their journey through the system but the most important one is "Ready for Delivery" IIRC, which is when the postie scheduled to do your address has it placed in their pigeon hole for them to collect, and then deliver on their way round.

Just to add - you won't be expected to sign for it, the postie will endorse the PDA CV19 after inputting your name, you collect it from where the postie has placed it keeping to the governments 2-metre rules.

Special Delivery help

03 Apr 2020, 13:21

Thank you so much

Special Delivery help

04 Apr 2020, 15:36

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:.....

Special Deliveries should be scanned throughout their journey through the system but the most important one is "Ready for Delivery" IIRC, which is when the postie scheduled to do your address has it placed in their pigeon hole for them to collect, and then deliver on their way round.

Might be just in our area but at several rural Delivery Offices we never scan SD's as 'Ready for Delivery' only tracked items.
SD's might get scanned at the preceding 'city/town' DO SD locker as the previous 'node' in the delivery chain, but we never scan them at the rural office
prior to delivery (we don't have SD locker/callers office in these rural locations either, again that function is at the preceding 'city/town' DO).

Special Delivery help

04 Apr 2020, 16:25

Wow what a great service especially considering what’s going on at the moment.
Picked up at 4:30pm yesterday and delivered today at 7am!

Thanks for your replies and for the hard work you are all doing to keep the service going :)

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1