not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT CWU : We have announced an industrial action ballot timetable in Royal Mail group - ballot papers will be dispatched on 24th September if no agreement is reached before then. HERE

Royal Mail Signed For Delivery delayed/Missing

10 Sep 2019, 16:34

Hi. I had a parcel sent from my solicitors's office that had my passport. It was sent via Royal Mail's First Class Signed For delivery. The tracking shows as parcel booked in at post office on 03/Sep/2019. It still hasn't been delivered to me and no tracking information is available after that. I understand that they should have used First Class recorded delivery service but its too late now. The tracking status is showing 'We've Got it' from last Wednesday. Not sure what to do. Please, any help will be much appreciated.

11 Sep 2019, 11:35

Contact Royal Mail customer services and they should start an investigation.

Royal Mail "Signed for" are not tracked so no update from when the post office scanned it is normal for that service. However, a week onward and no delivery is unusual.

Yesterday, 00:03

'Signed For' is the new name for the RM service that used to be called 'Recorded'.
I'm a postie and I trust RM and think we provide an excellent service. Having said that if I was going to post something important which is hard to replace such as a current passport or something that was time sensitive such as an application with a cheque in it I would use the 'Special Delivery' service from RM as that is insured and is fully tracked and kept separate from the rest of the mailstream. The 'Signed For' service is more useful if you want to check that the 'recipient' has received the item. This would cover 'recipients' such as the HMRC who often cannot be trusted and will lose letters on their end then blame either you or the RM.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1