ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Special Delivery to DVLA - No tracking information

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
arruor

Post by arruor »

Hi All, I wondered if anyone would be so kind to help.
I am struggling to find information about my shipment to DVLA sent with Special Delivery Guaranteed by 1pm on 23rd Auguts 2019. The tracking number is SF637976869GB.
The tracking page says: "Your Item was received by Swansea Mail Centre on 24-08-2019 and is now due for delivery today." but 24th is already gone.

I realise that 26th was Bank Holiday and I was expected to have some update(s) on or after 27th, at least. I tried to contact Swansea Mail Centre for additional information but with no success. I already contacted DVLA for details about receiving my shipment but they're unable to give me such information (regarding the volume of mail which they had, okay that's fair enough).

Any help or advice would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Dimitar

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

It will have been delivered by Swansea MC.

Because DVLA are such a big department, and because of that they get a lot of mail that either needs a signature or scanning. (probably 1000s per day)

Because of that sometimes the tracking doesn't update as normal items would, and it can take a while for it to show up properley,

In essence, this is normal because they get so many, though may be worth checking with DVLA themselves.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."
arruor

Post by arruor »

Thank you for your response, TrueBlueTerrier.
I am a little bit concerned because I struggled so hard to sort out all the necessary paperwork for DVLA (it's about importing a vehicle and I sent originals of some documents which are really hard to obtain duplicates) and previous few times I hadn't had any troubles with First Class tracked or Special Delivery to DVLA. And tracking information was updated correctly and on time.
As I just want to confirm that the shipment was not lost or stuck in Swansea MC, would you mind telling me what are my options:
- Contacting them by phone call to 08456 112322, there will be some service charges IMO.
- Contacting them by phone call to 03456 1021 and waiting for free spot on the queue
- Driving to Swansea and contacting them in person, if there are public counter
- Just waiting to see what will happen

Any help or advice would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Dimitar
arruor

Post by arruor »

Update: As I manage to contact Royal Mail and speak with their representative(s) an investigation for confirmation of delivery was started.
Please close the topic if it's necessary.

Many thanks for TrueBlueTerrier for his/her quick and adequate response.

Thank you.

Dimitar
aesposito

Re: Special Delivery to DVLA - No tracking information

Post by aesposito »

Hi, I have exactly the same issue.
Arruor, can I ask you how you sort this out?
Or is anyone that can help with this?