not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT CWU : We have announced an industrial action ballot timetable in Royal Mail group - ballot papers will be dispatched on 24th September if no agreement is reached before then. HERE

Potentially Missing International Tracked and Signed Parcel

28 Aug 2019, 10:01

Hi,

I have sent an international tracked and signed parcel to Germany on the 16th of August and since that day the status on tracking is that it has been received at Swindon Mail Centre.

I would appreciate any help on this as the parcel contents are irreplaceable and somewhat sensitive (photography film).

I have been informed several times over the phone that only after the 13th of September can this be looked at but my goal here is to ensure the parcel is delivered or even returned.

Appreciate any help that can be provided.

(happy to provide tracking information if required)

28 Aug 2019, 14:05

Something similar came up before:

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... lm#p847254

28 Aug 2019, 15:04

Thanks for the suggestion.

However, the flammable risk does not apply to this product as it is acetate based not nitrate, therefore not flammable like the last one.

Do you think it could still be flagged up just on the basis of the shape of the contents?

An identical parcel (in every way, from packaging to contents) sent a few days prior to this one arrived as expected.

28 Aug 2019, 15:45

Might be a little iffy:

https://www.royalmail.com/germany

It lists as a prohibited item:

Photographic or cinematographic products

It's probably going to be dependent on what German customs deem negatives to be class as

28 Aug 2019, 15:52

I had not noticed that, ever. Thanks for the information.

The films were bought and sent from Germany with a courier (can't remember which) and are simply being returned to be processed.

Would that explain why the tracking stopped at "Delivered to Swindon Mail Centre"?

29 Aug 2019, 06:59

miguefferreira wrote:Do you think it could still be flagged up just on the basis of the shape of the contents?

I don't think we have seen too many photographic film examples on here, but you can draw comparisons with watches. Some watches contain lithium batteries, which cause problems, and others don't have a battery at all. But all watches seem to get stopped and examined, with the mechanical ones allowed to continue, usually after a delay.

miguefferreira wrote:Would that explain why the tracking stopped at "Delivered to Swindon Mail Centre"?

I would expect it to have got a stage further, but occasionally scans do get missed.

29 Aug 2019, 10:02

Again, thank you and everyone that has provided some information on this.

I just don't know enough about the procedures (enough, in reality, is barely anything at all).

But having received and sent various packages of film from and to Germany, with the last one sent just a few days prior with exactly the same contents and wrapping and it was delivered on time and without any perceived complications, the delay on this one has caused me great concern over the whereabouts of the parcel.

I have had issues with the tracking before, either by a damaged label of fault in the system, but it still moved along faster than this particular parcel. I am wondering about the odds of a parcel sitting "still" for this long and still reaching its destination.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1