not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT CWU : We have announced an industrial action ballot timetable in Royal Mail group - ballot papers will be dispatched on 24th September if no agreement is reached before then. HERE

Royal Mail toy, gift -- International Tracked and Signed

25 Aug 2019, 06:37

Hello, I have a toy arriving back from a toy hospital in the UK I sent it to. It was sent back to me via International Tracked and Signed. I live in Canada. I have been very frustrated with the lack of tracking updates since it left the UK. I am so, so anxious for my package to arrive. I have tweeted or DM Royal Mail, and didn't feel I was given much help, but at the same time. I understand that they aren't able to tell me a whole bunch because of the lack of tracking updates. Any advice? Please let me know. I am very, very anxious and worried for my package to arrive back home.

25 Aug 2019, 09:39

if there are no updates then it's stuck in Customs at either end. Eventually, once they have completed their checks it will be released and will start tracking.

25 Aug 2019, 18:44

There are no updates that I know of, at least, since I can't track this item in Canada. Are you sure it's still stuck in customs?

25 Aug 2019, 19:34

Olivia93 wrote:There are no updates that I know of, at least, since I can't track this item in Canada. Are you sure it's still stuck in customs?

Until it's released by Canadian Customs, it won't get scanned by Canada Post. AFAIK Canadian Customs are one of the strictest in the world. I believe they insist on the sender's address being on the front of the parcel as well as i believe that they take a photo of every item and I think they x-ray every item as well

25 Aug 2019, 19:40

Can you give me a link where I can find more info on AFAIK Canada customs? I searched and nothing comes up. I have only found something on the CBSA.

25 Aug 2019, 19:43

It sounds like it is stuck in customs from your description, but it would be easier to tell if you copied & pasted the tracking information or tracking number into here.

It would also be helpful to know what the toy was exactly, as toys are a frequent source of customs problems.

25 Aug 2019, 19:43

AFAIK = As Far As I Know

25 Aug 2019, 19:48

Here is my tracking number: RN602043265GB.

Here is a link to the toy: https://www.amazon.com/Build-Workshop-B ... B005CV3UO0

25 Aug 2019, 21:47

I can’t see any problem with the contents. But the tracking is consistent with an item that is stuck in customs.

25 Aug 2019, 22:20

I'm sure that's where it is, but isn't it possible it could be farther along than that? There's no way to know for sure with the lack of updates.

26 Aug 2019, 11:44

Olivia93 wrote:I'm sure that's where it is, but isn't it possible it could be farther along than that? There's no way to know for sure with the lack of updates.

It could be, but that would mean that no one was scanning the bar code as it progressed through the system. I can see that happening once as it goes through, but not a total absence of any scans.

26 Aug 2019, 13:54

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:if there are no updates then it's stuck in Customs at either end. Eventually, once they have completed their checks it will be released and will start tracking.

I think you're possibly a little bit confused. My item stopped tracking in the UK, and I won't be getting updates of any sort until it's delivered. It was sent on August 13, so it's now past the 5-7 business day mark, but just barely. It could still be in customs, but there's literally no reason for it to be unless they're backlogged. My item doesn't contain anything dangerous.

26 Aug 2019, 17:04

If items are stuck in customs, it is usually because they are waiting to be checked, not because there is a problem with the contents.

The last tracking point was when it left the UK.

26 Aug 2019, 17:45

Olivia93 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:if there are no updates then it's stuck in Customs at either end. Eventually, once they have completed their checks it will be released and will start tracking.

I think you're possibly a little bit confused. My item stopped tracking in the UK, and I won't be getting updates of any sort until it's delivered. It was sent on August 13, so it's now past the 5-7 business day mark, but just barely. It could still be in customs, but there's literally no reason for it to be unless they're backlogged. My item doesn't contain anything dangerous.

I agree with Snaggletooth - though you think there is nothing dangerous, illegal, restricted or prohibited, Customs won't know that till they check it. Though they don't check every item, they do carry out checks on a random sample regularly. That's what you have fallen foul of.

26 Aug 2019, 23:31

I just wanted to let you know that my dad called Canada Post, and someone was able to let him know the tracking info from their internal system. We will be calling right up until delivery. Thanks for the help.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1