not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Package vanished?

12 Aug 2019, 15:51

Oi mateys, I bought an item on ebay and the seller shipped the item to me through your services, the problem is that my package has been stuck with the same status (02:28am / Item Leaving the UK / LANGLEY HWDC) for 5 days. The parcel has been with royal mail for 7 days, I would like to know happened to it considering it says on your website that it takes from 3-5 days to get to me.

Package vanished?

12 Aug 2019, 15:52

What's the contents? Any lithium batteries inside it (and if so how are they packed within the package? What country is it going to?

Package vanished?

12 Aug 2019, 16:46

The packages contains a processor (i7 4790) and it is suposed to go to Portugal

Package vanished?

12 Aug 2019, 16:58

Can't see any mentions of processors on the country guide for Portugal so probably no problems with Portuguese Customs. What's the tracking number?

Package vanished?

12 Aug 2019, 17:05

Here it is: RN574603863GB

Package vanished?

12 Aug 2019, 19:04

smoky wrote:... my package has been stuck with the same status (02:28am / Item Leaving the UK / LANGLEY HWDC) for 5 days.

It is stuck in Portuguese customs. It isn't that unusual. UK customs randomly select batches for extra checks when going in the other direction.

Package vanished?

12 Aug 2019, 19:28

Whats the average time it takes to be realeased from customs? I understand that they can hold it as long as the want, but it would be nice to get an average release time. Cheers.

Package vanished?

13 Aug 2019, 08:35

I don’t think I have ever seen statistics for UK customs, let alone overseas customs services. But an average would be meaningless anyway, because they seem to apply different levels of checking to different batches.

Package vanished?

13 Aug 2019, 10:16

its due to be delivered today https://gls-group.eu/EU/en/parcel-track ... 74603863GB

How long to deliver?

14 Aug 2019, 13:03

Hi my tracking number is RR345970241TR
My item has been held at Langley HWDC since 7/8/19, is this unusual that is hasn’t been delivered yet? It is only a small purse coming from Turkey.

How long to deliver?

14 Aug 2019, 15:05

Marja22 wrote:Hi my tracking number is RR345970241TR
My item has been held at Langley HWDC since 7/8/19, is this unusual that is hasn’t been delivered yet? It is only a small purse coming from Turkey.

It's probably stuck in customs (and could possibly have a customs charge). UK customs choose random batches of mail for more detailed checks, your item could well be in one of those batches

How long to deliver?

15 Aug 2019, 19:04

SpacePhoenix wrote:

It's probably stuck in customs (and could possibly have a customs charge). UK customs choose random batches of mail for more detailed checks, your item could well be in one of those batches

Also got a parcel stuck at Langley HWDC (at least I believe so) since the 7th Aug. How long normally does it take to clear? I am getting frustrated with the delay :(
A further question, it's a $300 phone but the seller declared it as $18. I'm ok with paying VAT, but can anything else happen, such as them sending it back to seller or seizing it? Seller declared it as a 'gift'
Funnily enough its still 'in transit' from Singapore according to RM tracker, but phoning them, they confirmed its with customs according to their internal systems. Is this normal?

How long to deliver?

15 Aug 2019, 19:40

apanskov wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:

Also got a parcel stuck at Langley HWDC (at least I believe so) since the 7th Aug. How long normally does it take to clear? I am getting frustrated with the delay :(
A further question, it's a $300 phone but the seller declared it as $18. I'm ok with paying VAT, but can anything else happen, such as them sending it back to seller or seizing it? Seller declared it as a 'gift'
Funnily enough its still 'in transit' from Singapore according to RM tracker, but phoning them, they confirmed its with customs according to their internal systems. Is this normal?

I think there was a fairly recent thread where it mentioned something about problems with lithium batteries coming from or passing through Singapore.

In any case there's a fairly good chance that there'll be customs charge to pay, keep an eye out for a grey card in the post

Package vanished?

15 Aug 2019, 20:32

I’m in the same situation , I had a package returned from Norway and it’s been 10 or so days now and it still says it’s in transit. Is it likely to be at customs or is it more likely to be lost by now ? I’ve emailed Royal Mail too but as you know it takes 5-10 days for a response .

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1