not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

If a tracked item goes missing who must claim compensation?

09 Aug 2019, 12:42

I has sold an item on ebay and the buyer is saying they havn’t recieved the item. I sent it tracked (regular 2nd class with a 2d barcode) and the tracking number says it was successfully delivered a few days ago. I provided the tracking info to the buyer and they have said they went to their local delivery office and royal mail confirmed to them that the postman scanned it as delivered a few days ago and they can action a gps search and compensation claim but the buyer reckons it must be initiated by myself as compensation will be paid to myself.

They are basically asking for a refund and then for me to claim the compensation from royal mail. Is this correct? I assumed that if i have proof of postage and proof of delivery then that was my part complete as a seller and it would be up to the buyer to sort out compensation?

09 Aug 2019, 13:49

Sorry No.

Distance selling regulations are quite clear. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consu ... delivered/

Your contract is Royal mail so you need to chase compensation.

The buyer's contract is with you, not Royal Mail, so they claim a refund or compensation from you.

10 Aug 2019, 06:23

mattandbenny wrote:I has sold an item on ebay and the buyer is saying they havn’t recieved the item. I sent it tracked (regular 2nd class with a 2d barcode) and the tracking number says it was successfully delivered a few days ago. I provided the tracking info to the buyer and they have said they went to their local delivery office and royal mail confirmed to them that the postman scanned it as delivered a few days ago and they can action a gps search and compensation claim but the buyer reckons it must be initiated by myself as compensation will be paid to myself.

They are basically asking for a refund and then for me to claim the compensation from royal mail. Is this correct? I assumed that if i have proof of postage and proof of delivery then that was my part complete as a seller and it would be up to the buyer to sort out compensation?

Sounds like they want you in on there scam you could go along with it and face a fraud charge or hope nothing will come of it or flag it up as you have done on here it sounds like these people know what they are doing and will use all methods to defraud RM sounds fun to them they get the lions share and you will have the burden of proof put up on you. If this went to court or even a statement backed up with you in court and you were not telling the truth could gain you 7 years inside look at perjury laws. As far as I am ware under distance selling regulations you are allowed 14 days for refund or replacement of said item but it must be returned in an unused condition with the packaging. Hope this helps you

10 Aug 2019, 07:12

If it says delivered, that's that, move on and just say tracking clearly states delivered

eBay will be on your side

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1