not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Saturday Special Delivery - one package has arrived, but not the other.

03 Aug 2019, 10:48

Hello,

I had a couple of items posted to me yesterday, from two separate people with the guaranteed Saturday delivery (seen evidence of both receipts, and both say - posted after latest collection No) in two separate areas/post offices as it's my birthday today. One of the packages arrived this morning, along with the rest of my mail but the post lady didn't have the other package I was expecting. She checked the tracking details for me, and even called up her local depot in my town, and said that it was posted at 5:05 and for guaranteed delivery it should of been posted by 4:30 and that the post office shouldn't of accepted the Saturday delivery for the package. I can see on the tracking it says 8:30pm Your item is due to leave Gatwick Mail Centre to go to Tyneside Mail Centre, and no scans beyond that point. Contacted Royal Mail, and they just said they can see the same tracking details as me, and mentioned that the crate the packages are all contained in hasn't been scanned either.

03 Aug 2019, 15:55

Happy birthday, you`ll definately get it on Monday, it looks like it didn`t leave Gatwick Mail Centre to get to you in time...

03 Aug 2019, 19:41

Janet Brum wrote:Happy birthday, you`ll definately get it on Monday, it looks like it didn`t leave Gatwick Mail Centre to get to you in time...

I hope so, within the next hour it will be 24hrs since it's last scan. I was hoping to see some movement today, and at least over tonight and tomorrow so here's hoping. A manager at Royalmail said that it's been scanned as leaving Gatwick hence the "Item Despatched to Tyneside Mail Centre
Gatwick Mail Centre" - but nothing to say it's arrived at Tyneside since 8:30pm last night on Friday 2nd, but it's now 19:37pm on Saturday 3rd and still no updates. I was expecting a scan update today, to say it had at least arrived. I am wondering if it's a possibility that it has indeed arrived at Tyneside, but since it was too late or something to make it for delivery today, that perhaps they wouldn't bother scanning the crate the package is contained in / the package it's self until over night tonight/ throughout the day/evening of Sunday to show it's moving towards my local depot? The manager I spoke too also seems sure it will arrive Monday, and did try several times to reach both Tyneside, and Gatwick but without any luck and said that's typical as its skeleton staff over the weekends and they're busy and said I should receive it Monday, and he's not concerned about it being lost etc as I raised that as a potential possibility.

03 Aug 2019, 21:29

I never worked in a MC but I assume if they are short staffed they won`t scan hundreds of parcels in a crate as you say, hence no scan since it got to Tyneside Mail Centre.
I`m sure you will get it on Monday, please update us :)

03 Aug 2019, 21:37

Janet Brum wrote:I never worked in a MC but I assume if they are short staffed they won`t scan hundreds of parcels in a crate as you say, hence no scan since it got to Tyneside Mail Centre.
I`m sure you will get it on Monday, please update us :)

The manager I spoke too said they're not manually scanned any longer, and that a machine on a conveyor scans them directly into the system. What do you think the possible reasons are as to why it's not been scanned since it's said its
"Item Dispatched to Tyneside Mail Centre - Gatwick Mail Centre". If it's been dispatched to Tyneside as of 8:30pm on the 2nd of August, surely I would of seen scans in the meantime to say it has arrived at Tyneside?

03 Aug 2019, 23:47

Honestly I was hoping someone from a MC will give you more answers, I`m just a postie and assumed what happened :)

04 Aug 2019, 06:34

From memory, RM is pretty much a six day a week operation. Over Saturday p.m. and Sunday a.m. almost nothing moves in the pipeline and very few staff are in, you shouldn't expect to see any scans during this period. Your item probably got delayed en-route (heavy traffic, broken down lorry etc) and missed the relevant shift at Tyneside, and is now waiting for the Sunday night / Monday morning shift to scan it in and sort it.

One thing that bothers me is the assertion that 16:30 is a hard cut-off time at the PO for next day delivery. The deadline is the last collection. And since your item arrived at the mail centre the same evening, it didn't miss the last collection.

The sender should still be able to claim a full refund because the parcel did not arrive in the specified time.

04 Aug 2019, 07:25

No update over night that's for sure, still stuck on the last tracking update from Friday 2nd at 8:30pm.

04 Aug 2019, 11:24

Update:

I spoke to customer services again this morning, and the lady I spoke too said that she can see a scan for the early hours of this morning at around 1am to say it's been dispatched from Heathrow, and that it was missorted as International Mail, but has now been correctly identified and placed back into the regular mail system to be dispatched to Tyneside. I can't see this reflecting on the online tracking, and she's raised an internal problem as to why the tracking is not updating/reflecting this, but suggested that it could be that Sunday is not considered a working day for them, and apologised profusely for the delay of the package. At least I know it's on it's way, and hasn't been lost and as to why the tracking hasn't updated since Friday the 2nd to say it's arrived at Tyneside. She couldn't promise that it would be delivered Monday, and said that it's possible it will not arrive until Tuesday, and that again tracking may not update online, but that I can call in to check on the status of the tracking as they're able to check several other systems to see what's going on.

04 Aug 2019, 11:50

What's the tracking number?

nena1234 wrote:The manager I spoke too said they're not manually scanned any longer, and that a machine on a conveyor scans them directly into the system.?

That manager must be thinking about a different type of mail. Special Delivery items get scanned manually

04 Aug 2019, 12:24

SpacePhoenix wrote:What's the tracking number?

nena1234 wrote:The manager I spoke too said they're not manually scanned any longer, and that a machine on a conveyor scans them directly into the system.?

That manager must be thinking about a different type of mail. Special Delivery items get scanned manually

I can PM you, if you still want it. The lady I spoke to at customer services this morning said that she can see the item has been missorted as international mail, and went to Heathrow and at Heathrow it's been distpatched back into the regular mail system and heading for Tyneside again. She said it shows this happening at 1am on Sunday the 4th of August, and I said to her that this is not reflecting on the online tracking on my end, but up until that scan at 1am which I can't see, she mentioned everything that shows up on the tracking I can see, and said on her side it shows a scan as being dispatched from Heathrow back into the regular mail system at 1am this morning.

04 Aug 2019, 19:29

Given the above, and now learning that it was missorted as international mail, and directed to Heathrow, and consequently dispatched from Heathrow to Tyneside to enter the regular mail system once again. Should I expect tracking updates throughout tonight, and the early hours of Monday morning? I'm unable to see the tracking that states it went to Heathrow, was missorted and dispatched to Tyneside at 1am this morning, but two individual customer service representatives (I called in twice, as I wanted to double check the information as prior to this I was told a lot of contradicting information) informed me separately that this shows on their internal systems only, and would not reflect in this case on the tracking via RoyalMail.com. In this case, would it be normal not to see any tracking updates or should I still expect to see tracking updates to state it's arrived at Tyneside and departed to my local depot?

05 Aug 2019, 09:54

Once again, no package is being delivered today as after speaking to my local delivery office they have nothing for me.

05 Aug 2019, 11:49

I've been told, and been sent an email after communicating with a manager that the item has indeed been dispatched from Heathrow at 1:16am on Sunday the 4th of August, to Tyneside, but since then there are no updates and it's been over 34hrs since that last scan. The lady at customer services told be there appears to be a delay from Heathrow to Tyneside, and mentioned about early shifts and late shifts, and to look out for scans around 2pm onwards as it's very well possible it's at Tyneside now, but just has not been processed. Does anyone know if it's possible to speak directly to someone at Tyneside, as the number provided via Google just goes through to customer services again. I was also told that it's not my package individually, but the entire container that's been delayed and that it contains over 150 items waiting to be processed and delivered.

05 Aug 2019, 14:18

If it was at Tyneside by now I would have expected it to have been scanned at least once by now, it does make me wonder if there's been a delay in-between Heathrow and Tyneside

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2