not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Tracked 24/48 never on time anymore?

31 Jul 2019, 16:50

There used to be a time tracked 24 was next day and 48 2 days. Now however 24 is always 2 days and 48 can take anything up to 4 days. Is there a reason for this?

Something I have noticed with 24 is it reaches the main hub day it was posted usually around midnight then it just stays there until the following day. No reason why it can't be sent on but it doesn't.

I buy a lot of things online and in the past 2 months now not 1 of the 10 tracked 24 items I bought arrived next day.

31 Jul 2019, 19:23

Best guess is that there's roadworks somewhere causing it to miss a connection somewhere along the line

01 Aug 2019, 06:37

Prime example as it's happening again
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

01 Aug 2019, 06:51

With the "Sender preparing item" it just means that the item number has been allocated, it's not physically entered Royal Mail's system

01 Aug 2019, 06:58

It said it's at Northwest rdc though then changes to sender preparing.

01 Aug 2019, 07:04

Here's an item I ordered few months back. Posted on Monday, received at NWrdc Tuesday morning and then sits there. Delivered Wednesday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

01 Aug 2019, 07:40

This was the last item I received. As you can see RDC received early in evening then just sits there for over 24hrs. This item was ordered Sunday morning. Delivered Wednesday

01 Aug 2019, 10:51

Dj9928 wrote:Here's an item I ordered few months back. Posted on Monday, received at NWrdc Tuesday morning and then sits there. Delivered Wednesday.

As that one has gone straight into a Distribution centre - its doubtful its been posted in a Box or a Post Office, that looks like a bulk collection or delivery. If the distribution centre is the first RM scan (after the preparing scan) then thats the point its entered RMs system.

01 Aug 2019, 13:11

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Dj9928 wrote:Here's an item I ordered few months back. Posted on Monday, received at NWrdc Tuesday morning and then sits there. Delivered Wednesday.

As that one has gone straight into a Distribution centre - its doubtful its been posted in a Box or a Post Office, that looks like a bulk collection or delivery. If the distribution centre is the first RM scan (after the preparing scan) then thats the point its entered RMs system.

Yes all have been with large online retailer so probably all collected in the evening, took to the distribution center and just left there to be sorted the following day, kind of defeats the purpose of tracked 24

02 Aug 2019, 07:03

Big caveat: I have never worked for RM. But to me, it looks like this retailer is consistently delivering their mail to the mail centre after the last collection time. There is a point in the evening when all the lorries start to leave the mail centre, and the mail has to arrive in sufficient time to be sorted before that. And in your case, there will be a limited number of flights from NW England to Northern Ireland, and I don't think RM will have much ability to vary the time of the flights used. So if the retailer fails to hit the last collection time, it will sit around in the mail centre for a day.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1