not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Post being delivered wrong

12 Apr 2019, 01:07

Hi so my partner and I moved into a town where are parents still live the issue is for some reason our post woman keeps leaving my partners letters to his parents house which is a few mile away and we don't visit regularly. They don't tell us anything has came it's only by chance we see them, for example his tax was due for over a month and we didn't know because the letter went there. What can we do about this as its extremely frustrating when we are waiting for things we know are addressed for our home but never arrive.

12 Apr 2019, 07:38

Any official redirection in place or has been in place?

12 Apr 2019, 16:51

No nothing like that was set up.

12 Apr 2019, 17:11

Have you contacted the sender's to update to your new address

12 Apr 2019, 17:19

That isn't the issue, the post has our new address on it but the post is going to his parents, he has no post what's so ever with that address on it yet parcels and numerous items get left there. He hasn't lived there in 4 years.

12 Apr 2019, 18:00

It sounds like a postie is trying to be "helpful" for some reason. This would be more likely to happen after there has been a redirection in place and a few things come through after it has finished.

The only option is to complain. It may be worth just going into the Delivery Office and speaking to a manager there, alternatively ring up and get a complaint sent to the office.

Yesterday, 17:14

If you haven't set up a official redirection you need to contact all those important places eg tax office, DVLA, banks etc and inform them of your new address. The alternative scenario of doing nothing about it leaves you potentially open to fraud. It does indeed sound like the regular postie knows where your in-laws live and is trying to be helpful. Your best course of action is to get your address details amended with the important places ASAP!! Failing that pay for an official redirection. Complaining to the RM that you have not paid for an official redirection will not solve the problem.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1