not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Freepost

05 Apr 2019, 20:59

Hi,

How long does a freepost take to be delivered? An envelope addressed to me was 'returned back to sender' to a freepost address. I am trying to get the item redelivered The receiving end claims that they still haven't received it. Is it normal for a freepost return to take more than 15 working days?

Freepost

05 Apr 2019, 21:47

Freepost usually takes the same length of time as the matching service so 2-5 days on average.

A "returned back to sender" has no particular delivery timing as its a free service and the paid for the part has already been serviced. Live mail takes precedence in the system and "RTS" is classed as "dead mail".

Its also unusual that a Freepost Address is the return address for refused mail, not unheard of but unusual.

Another point is that Royal Mail won't be able to redeliver a returned/refused if its normal mail as there is no way to track it and with 40,000,000 items daily trying to find 1 letter really is a small needle in a massive haystack.

I am afraid all you can do is wait for the company to process their returned mail and if they get a lot (like mailing houses do) it may be a lengthy wait.

Freepost

05 Apr 2019, 21:53

Thank you for your prompt response. Much appreciated.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1