not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Another Sender preparing item topic - contacted Royal Mail no joy

05 Apr 2019, 16:33

Hey all

Yup it's another "Sender preparing item" post.

I went to local post office on Monday at lunch time to ship a gift to a friend in Japan. I have been checking the tracking and had no further updates from Mondays "Sender preparing item".
I called Royal Mail who said wait the 25 working days to claim but check at the post office to make sure no items lost a label etc and they had it sitting.

Went to the post office today who checked their paperwork and confirmed the bag was picked up from them.

I visited local sorting office, as I got confused and thought they did outbound, who informed me they just have the bags ready for the trucks from the mailing centre to pick up, but she was concerned as the mailing centre (Tyneside) should have scanned it there.

So now I have no idea what to do or who to talk to. Tyneside is a bit of a trek for me to get to to make a visit so now I'm worried my item has gone for a wander somewhere. Any advice or just sit and wait it out.

05 Apr 2019, 16:45

its somewhere between the post office and the mail centre, im sure there would be a phone number for the mail centre somewhere on the internet.

05 Apr 2019, 16:48

The Mail Centre isn't going to be able to tell you anything about the whereabouts of the packet.
Needle in a haystack springs to mind.
The scan might have been missed and the packet may just be on its merry way.

05 Apr 2019, 16:50

Fair enough, thanks for the replies. Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed it snuck it's way onto a plane to Japan

05 Apr 2019, 17:51

Please post the item number.

05 Apr 2019, 18:08

postman1979 wrote:Please post the item number.

Here you go: LB204278705GB

24 May 2019, 14:00

@Aelrindyl
Did the parcel ever get delivered?
I have a current parcel that is stuck on Sender Preparing Item now.

Thanks.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1