not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE


PLEASE help - Royal mail to Austria

13 Mar 2019, 18:16

Dear all,

I am waiting for a parcel from the UK to Austria, shipped with Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed.

For me, it looks like it is stuck at the London Central Mail Centre (tracking has been last updated on Monday 11 March 04:36pm).

Could you please be so kind to share your views on that case?

Thank you!

Updated on: Monday 11 March 04:36pm
Item Despatched to Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre
London Central Mail Centre

Monday 11 March 02:47pm
Item received at London Central Mail Centre

Saturday 09 March 07:08pm
Accepted at Post Office
New Oxford Street Post Office [WC1A 1DG]

Friday 08 March 02:08am
Sender preparing item

PLEASE help - Royal mail to Austria

13 Mar 2019, 18:30

itll be with GLS Royal mails international partner and will be flying over to austria possibly via a few different dispatch centres in europe.

PLEASE help - Royal mail to Austria

13 Mar 2019, 18:34

Two days is not an excessively long time to be stuck there, especially as the south of the UK has had very high winds this week which might be disrupting flights.

However, when items get stuck at that point it is sometimes because there is a problem with the contents. What is in the parcel?

PLEASE help - Royal mail to Austria

13 Mar 2019, 18:35

leolion855 wrote:itll be with GLS Royal mails international partner and will be flying over to austria possibly via a few different dispatch centres in europe.


Thank you for your reply. But, I am curious as it is still not arrived at Heathrow DC. To my understanding, this should take a maximum of 1 day from London Central Mail Centre.

The last update (= Monday, this week) is stating the following: Your item is due to leave London Central Mail Centre to go to Heathrow Worldwide Distribution Centre

PLEASE help - Royal mail to Austria

13 Mar 2019, 18:36

Snaggletooth wrote:Two days is not an excessively long time to be stuck there, especially as the south of the UK has had very high winds this week which might be disrupting flights.

However, when items get stuck at that point it is sometimes because there is a problem with the contents. What is in the parcel?


An automatic wrist watch. Anything to worry about?

PLEASE help - Royal mail to Austria

14 Mar 2019, 04:58

Shizzi93 wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:Two days is not an excessively long time to be stuck there, especially as the south of the UK has had very high winds this week which might be disrupting flights.

However, when items get stuck at that point it is sometimes because there is a problem with the contents. What is in the parcel?


An automatic wrist watch. Anything to worry about?

Yes Watches are on Austrias Prohibited list https://www.royalmail.com/austria

Clocks and watches and parts thereof

PLEASE help - Royal mail to Austria

18 Mar 2019, 07:35

the package was delivered to Torino, Italy, this Saturday. Has anyone an idea of what is happening now / next?

Arrival at inward office of exchange
TORINO CSI, Italien

PLEASE help - Royal mail to Austria

19 Mar 2019, 15:36

does really nobody know what "arrival at inward office of exchange" means?

Thank you a lot.

PLEASE help - Royal mail to Austria

19 Mar 2019, 15:44

Without a tracking number to see the context its difficult to say what it means specifically, but it could mean that your local customs have rejected it as a banned item. Can't be certain though.

PLEASE help - Royal mail to Austria

19 Mar 2019, 16:01

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Without a tracking number to see the context its difficult to say what it means specifically, but it could mean that your local customs have rejected it as a banned item. Can't be certain though.


Thank you for your reply. The tracking is: RY084514585GB

As stated, send from UK to Italy. But the final destination should be in Austria.

Looking forward to your feedback.

PLEASE help - Royal mail to Austria

19 Mar 2019, 16:32

As of 40 minutes ago Its now tracking on Austrias Post AG https://www.post.at/en/track_trace.php/ ... 84514585GB


Date: 19.03.2019 15:56:46
Item being processed in Austria; Postcode AT

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1