not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Track and Trace status stays on "sender preparing item"

06 Mar 2019, 14:44

Hi Everyone,

I am receiving an International Tracked service from a shipper close to Coventry (in Warwick) with reference number beginning with LP. The package was confirmed as being sent out on Monday 04/03, however, when I tried to track the item the same evening and the following day, the status of "sender preparing item" had yet to update further. I've not come across this happening before, being quite used to RM items updating their tracking on their journey to HWDC.

Is this unusual or I should expect normal delivery to me?

06 Mar 2019, 14:47

That is a common tracking update for Royal Mail items, so nothing to be concerned about. It usually means your item has a tracking number, but it hasn't YET been handed over to Royal Mail.

If you are concerned contact the sender for reassurance.

06 Mar 2019, 14:51

Thank you for your quick reply.

I just asked the sender today being concerned about it, but it goes against my best judgement because it ideally should update itself. If the sender confirmed the item was sent out on Monday, wouldn't the tracking have updated immediately? I mean the sender either asks for a collection or posts it to a post office. If it was the latter it would have also said accepted at said post office.

06 Mar 2019, 15:20

MKH1988 wrote:Thank you for your quick reply.

I just asked the sender today being concerned about it, but it goes against my best judgement because it ideally should update itself. If the sender confirmed the item was sent out on Monday, wouldn't the tracking have updated immediately? I mean the sender either asks for a collection or posts it to a post office. If it was the latter it would have also said accepted at said post office.

It should if left at a Post Office, but if picked up, or taken directly to a Mail Centre it would depend on the location and operational problems. However, today a lot of the PDAs were having difficulty logging into the system or updating it. If the problem started yesterday that may be the reason for the delay in updating.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1