ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Special delivery not delivered, No updates on delievery status.

For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.

This is an open forum.

Forum rules
For help with tracking please see...HERE
For information about your item being in HWDC Langley please see...HERE
For information about any other mail or if you have a complaint or general query, we first suggest you contact Royal Mail, see the link HERE.
Implications on mail after the UK's exit from the EU
From 1st January the rules for sending and receiving items to and from the EU will change.For more details please see... HERE
jaymail

Post by jaymail »

Hello,

I'm expecting a package that was sent special delivery yesterday (10/01/19). I should have received it today (11/01/19) before 1pm but the package did not arrive. When I track the package (JS567912643GB) there are no updates after the sender dropped it off at the post office.

Updated on: Thursday 10 January

03:23pm
Sender preparing item

Hide earlier journey
Thursday 10 January

03:13pm
Accepted at Post Office Ilchester Post Office [BA22 8LD]

I'm not sure what to do now. Is it best to just wait and see if it turns up

Thanks
JM

TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

No I would contact @royalmailhelp on twitter - or call their helpline on 0345 774 0740 (lo-call rate).

Usually, the "Sender preparing item" status is the first one and then "Accepted at Post Office" the 2nd. After that you should see scans as it progresses through the Mail Centres to your local office. The 2nd last one is "being prepared for delivery" which means your local postie has it.

Looking on google maps that Post Office looks like a franchise branch inside a shop it may be possible that the sender and the post office are one and the same.

Hopefully, as collections start around now and go on till around 6pm at the Post Offices it might start moving tonight. My first advice stands though call or contact Royal Mail.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support
Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
"Employers are always seeking more productivity from workers, without considering the human factor, the worker's age, the weather conditions and the intense heat. We need to intervene before it's too late, reducing working hours and the load carried by workers, because it's impossible to sustain the rhythm they're forced to work at for many years."