not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Posted with wrong postcode PLEASE help!!!!

09 Jan 2019, 16:49

Hello I have realised I posted an item on the 28 December 2018 but the postcode on the parcel was incorrect. I do have a tracking number and it just says that my local post office still has it even though they don't as I went and checked. How can I resolve this? I have heard they open it and look for a return address which I didn't have and if there isn't they dispose of it. I don't want this to happen as the item was valued at £112.
Thanks in advance.

09 Jan 2019, 17:01

have you got proof of postage, a receipt or something?

09 Jan 2019, 17:19

leolion855 wrote:have you got proof of postage, a receipt or something?

Yes I do

09 Jan 2019, 17:30

I should also say I wrote DL93 BN instead of DL39 BN. Surely as I got the general area correct they'd still be able to deliver it?

09 Jan 2019, 17:42

if theres a street name on there as well it should go to the correct location, id be tempted to give royal mail head office a call and have a copy of your reciept ready to send them.

09 Jan 2019, 17:44

Kvbaa wrote:I should also say I wrote DL93 BN instead of DL39 BN. Surely as I got the general area correct they'd still be able to deliver it?

If you put the city name and street address then it should get there, but there will be a delay.

However the correct format would be DL9 3BN which is Darlington, but there is a DL3 9BN which is Catterick and there are 20 miles apart and have different Delivery Offices, which probably means the delay could be a long one as Catterick won't know the local addresses for Darlington, and if they do send it to the returns letter branch it could be a long wait for them to solve the case.

Your best bet is to contact Royal Mail direct and explain the situation, describe the service used, (Signed for I am guessing) and the contents, this will all help if they do send it to the RLB.

09 Jan 2019, 18:18

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Kvbaa wrote:I should also say I wrote DL93 BN instead of DL39 BN. Surely as I got the general area correct they'd still be able to deliver it?

If you put the city name and street address then it should get there, but there will be a delay.

However the correct format would be DL9 3BN which is Darlington, but there is a DL3 9BN which is Catterick and there are 20 miles apart and have different Delivery Offices, which probably means the delay could be a long one as Catterick won't know the local addresses for Darlington, and if they do send it to the returns letter branch it could be a long wait for them to solve the case.

Thank you so much. What number do I call under? 03456 021 021 or 0345 774 0740 (I was on the phone to this number earlier and I was on hold for an hour but I just gave up)

09 Jan 2019, 18:23

0345 774 0740

09 Jan 2019, 19:49

TrueBlueTerrier wrote: which probably means the delay could be a long one as Catterick won't know the local addresses for Darlington,

I've noticed a few posties in my office try googling the address when something like this happens, you usually see where the correct address should be and can add the proper post code and send it on its way with just a days delay.

10 Jan 2019, 07:31

NewPostieUK wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote: which probably means the delay could be a long one as Catterick won't know the local addresses for Darlington,

I've noticed a few posties in my office try googling the address when something like this happens, you usually see where the correct address should be and can add the proper post code and send it on its way with just a days delay.

That's what I thought but it's already been two weeks so I'm doubting that :neutral:

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1